BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2001 3:47:16 AM EDT
[URL]http://www.bakersfield.com/top/story/659259p-702117c.html[/URL]
[B]Brother's cries thwarted kidnapping
By DEBBY BADILLO, Californian correspondent
Tuesday August 14, 2001, 11:02:00 PM

Saturday's attempted kidnapping of a 7-year-old girl in Rosamond may have been successful if not for her 10-year-old brother, whose shouting may have caused the attacker to flee, officials said.

The boy was hailed as a hero Tuesday by deputies, who said he alerted his parents and possibly scared the suspect away by yelling at him.

The children's parents, Jeff and Pamela Anderson, describe their children as "very close," and said their son is only now starting to realize what he did was heroic.

"(Our daughter's) fine. She's very strong. She was comforting us," Pamela Anderson said at a Tuesday press conference that was called to ask for the public's help in finding the attacker.

"This is a kidnapping with a happy ending," Sgt. Jeff Niccoli said. "This type of incident where they penetrate the home is very rare."

The suspect dropped the 7-year-old girl, who was not named, a short distance from her home in the 1000 block of Hampshire Way.

According to deputies, the children were asleep on a couch in the family living room Saturday when an intruder entered the home at about 4:45 a.m. and carried the girl out the door and a short distance into the desert beyond the house.

Her brother awoke to see what was happening and shouted "don't take my sister," while she struggled in the man's arms until he dropped her and fled on foot.

By then, Jeff Anderson had come out of the house as well.

Either the brother's shouting or the girl's struggle convinced the suspect to let her go, Niccoli said.

The girl sustained only minor injuries around her nose, where the suspect placed his hand over her mouth.

At the conference, Niccoli and Senior Deputy Bill Johnson, the lead investigator in the case, displayed a cigarette lighter case and lighter that might have been dropped by the suspect.

The black leather case is decorated with an eight-ball design and a belt loop, while the lighter is a Zippo embossed with a Jim Beam logo.

The suspect is described as a white male with a thin build, 19 to 30, wearing a black nylon or satin jacket and dark clothing.

Deputies want anyone who recognizes the items to call the Rosamond Sheriff's substation at 256-2511.

Any bit of information, no matter how small, is important, Niccoli said.

"I want to tell people, 'Lock your doors.' This intrusion changes the way you look at your surroundings, your home, the things you took for granted," Jeff Anderson said. "It was a real wake-up call." [/B][smoke]

Link Posted: 8/16/2001 4:10:05 AM EDT
[#1]
[SIZE=5][B]IS IT NECESSARY TO MAKE ALL OF YOUR POST HEADLINES IN BOLD ALL CAPITALS?

IS THE END OF THE WORLD COMING OR ARE YOU JUST CRAVING ATTENTION AGAIN?

HELL0?

*YOU* ARE THE WEAKEST LINK

GOODBYE ! [/B][/SIZE=5]
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 4:49:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the link and info.

(no flame intended)
Please chill with the caps/bold posting method. Yes, it is very easy to read, but it is considered rude.

Tyler
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 7:41:41 AM EDT
[#3]
What else did the kid shout?  "I have a shotgun!"

BISHOP
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 7:57:51 AM EDT
[#4]
So, are you saying they got the child back before she was actually gone from site??  Anyways, what does that have to do w/ anything that this site is about?  Just curious and new here............[newbie]
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 8:04:29 AM EDT
[#5]
To answer your question:

Hangfire insists on using all capitals when posting.  Get's him the attention that he CRAVES!

Hey Hang.  Why not be respectful of others and just use BOLD in your subjects when it is an urgent post.??
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 8:06:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So, are you saying they got the child back before she was actually gone from site??  Anyways, what does that have to do w/ anything that this site is about?  Just curious and new here............[newbie]
View Quote

DUH.."so your saying..DUH....that this site..
sniff..snort..scratch..is about..pick nose..
slurp..scratch..curious..fart..fart..slurp..DUH
newbie..[V]
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 9:14:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Anyways, what does that have to do w/ anything that this site is about?  Just curious and new here............[newbie]
View Quote

This is General Discussion.  Anything goes within the parameters of the forum rules.

Welcome to AR15.com!
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 10:13:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
To answer your question:
Hangfire insists on using all capitals when posting.  Get's him the attention that he CRAVES!
Hey Hang.  Why not be respectful of others and just use BOLD in your subjects when it is an urgent post.??
View Quote

"...respectful of others..." Coming from YOU
that is a huge belly laugh.
If you have the MENTAL POWERS to discern why
I post the way I do then use them to answer
your on question.

It is a sad sad commentary when a post about a
10 year old boy saving his sister from a real
bad guy only elicits comments from HISSY PRISSY
NANCY ETTIQUITE BITCHES whose HATE for me
overshadows the HEROISM of a little boy who
risked his life for his sister.
[b]THITHH, that represents the sound of me SPITTING A JUICY HOCKER IN YOUR FACE SINGLEASSHOLESTACKER![/b]
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 11:03:28 AM EDT
[#9]
i dont get it. if it were me talkin the shit you do i would be banned from here. how is it that you get to stay? what is your secret?
moderators just look the other way when its good ole hangfire? so the rules only apply to anyone except hangfire, i am starting to understand how this place works.
p.s. remember yesterday when you said i was a yellow dog coward and i was attacking sgtar's wife???? remeber that??? lovleyloanlady is my wife so BACK THE FUCK OFF ASSHOLE. i told her she could/would meet some very interesting people here. guess i was very very wrong.
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 11:24:41 AM EDT
[#10]

i told her she could/would meet some very interesting people here. guess i was very very wrong.
View Quote

You are absolutely right!...Look in the mirror.
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 11:28:02 AM EDT
[#11]
[b]HANGFIRE,55, ANNOYS AR15.COM MEMBERS[/b]
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 11:36:29 AM EDT
[#12]
"You are absolutely right!...Look in the mirror."

well um ok, anyways.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top