Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/22/2006 6:12:27 PM EDT
after years with AOL5.Slow, then AOL9.Slow, i finally got the chance to upgrade to High-speed. its through Comcast Cable.

can i now shit-can aol and get rid of it and the cost of AOL ? or do i need to keep that for backup?

and Comcast is currently blocking pop-ups, so on myspace ( i know, ban myspace for the children ) when i click on the forums link on there comcast blocks it from opening the new window. how do i stop this?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:17:04 PM EDT
trash that POS... comcast has me on the net since 97

outside of a dedicated T1 (@work) this is the way to go
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:18:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/22/2006 6:19:06 PM EDT by MillerSHO]
They have a "gamer" package in my area for $60 that is 8meg download and a true 768upload.

Fiber in coming in my area. Up to 45meg down for not much more then $100 I hear.

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:18:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By RED_5:

sorry to ask a totally retarded question, but are you saying i can totally ditch AOL and JUST run comcast? its just gonna suck cause i have a few email adreeses, going to be alot of screwing around setting up my bill paying again
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:19:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By builttoughf250:
after years with AOL5.Slow, then AOL9.Slow, i finally got the chance to upgrade to High-speed. its through Comcast Cable.

That's what I have, congrats

can i now shit-can aol and get rid of it and the cost of AOL ? or do i need to keep that for backup?

Yes, and no.

and Comcast is currently blocking pop-ups, so on myspace ( i know, ban myspace for the children ) when i click on the forums link on there comcast blocks it from opening the new window. how do i stop this?

I'm on myspace, and actually like it but I can't answer this one. I think there's a setting.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:20:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By builttoughf250:

Originally Posted By RED_5:

sorry to ask a totally retarded question, but are you saying i can totally ditch AOL and JUST run comcast? its just gonna suck cause i have a few email adreeses, going to be alot of screwing around setting up my bill paying again

You do not need AOL, you'll be paying them for absolutely nothing.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:21:28 PM EDT
thanks for all the replies already. much appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:22:12 PM EDT
just get a new email address (say... gmail. I can set you up with a free account, just gotta ask(anyone else out there too, btw (just IM me a valid email address))

change all your email accounts to the new one of your choice (even comcast is ok)

and for heavens sake... ditch aol!!!!!
Top Top