Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/22/2006 5:39:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/22/2006 5:40:48 PM EDT by HKCapCane]
My mouth is still hanging open in shock after the latest conversation with my mother. I am appalled at the attitude of helplessness and weakness that has infected our population. I can't even believe what the media and popular culture has done to people.

She would rather fight off an attacker who was there to rob or kill her with her bare hands than use a gun because she thinks they are scary and that the attacker would steal the gun from her. She would prefer to call the police and wait helplessly. She would prefer a society where there were no guns and the weak were at the mercy of the strong. She thinks anyone that owns a gun is paranoid and thinks I need psychotherapy for having a gun. She would prefer substandard tools like alarms, and door locks for home defense. She does not want the ability to protect her life from the scum of society. She would rather be raped or killed than concealed carry a firearm.

I just dont even know what to say. I was patient for a while and I absolutely cleaned her clock in the argument (its easy when she is spouting such nonsense) but she still doesnt understand that the worst thing people can do is give up the ability or will to defend themselves and trust the government to protect them at all times from all things.

Disgusting.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:47:16 PM EDT
Break into her house with a ski mask on and an airsoft gun, trash the place and then act like your going to shoot her, make some comment how it was so easy and if she had even a little gun it would have changed everything. Then make up an excuse and run out.

Some people only learn the hard way.

Me and a buddy did this to his mom, she came around after that.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:48:18 PM EDT
Lithium will sometimes cure that. hacko.gif

Seriously though, thats the metality of people today and as a LEO I can tell you that we can not and will never be able to protect everybody from the all the bad people in society. If we knew where the crime was going to take place then we could prevent it, I think the movie was called Minority Report.

We'll just add her to the statistics.

BTW: DOes she live with you?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:00:29 PM EDT
My friend's mother kept trying to take his "armalite" airsoft gun "to dispose of it" because she thought it was a M16. He even demonstrated it once, and she still thought it was an M16.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:01:58 PM EDT
that's pretty rough dude... does she live alone too?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:07:20 PM EDT
no, luckily she lives with me, my USP and my Glock 19. However, im graduating college in May and moving out of state in order to start my job. Im not upset so much as disappointed. This attitude of her's is dangerous and I fear for her safety. There's really nothing I can do though. A few weeks ago I offered very nicely to take her shooting but she was against it. I cant force it on her.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:08:01 PM EDT
That sucks...your mom is a left wing idiot.

Just keep at her though, don't give up and let her become a libtard statistic.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:09:59 PM EDT
Keep cutting articles out on local people being robbed, burgled, raped, ETC. Leave them on the table every time you visit her. Tell her you love and worry about her and that evil people will not care what they do to her.

Something like what mine did on every car wreck in a 3 state area when I started driving. Paybacks with love.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:16:33 PM EDT
this kinda strikes close to home, my mother isnt opposed to guns, she has one in her house for home protection but ive been trying to convince her to get her carry permit for sometime and shes still opposed to it. I think im going to drag her along when i turn 21.

she lives in houston and works in the med center and i go to school about an hour and a half north so im only around once every few months to see her but im feircly protective of her and worry about her getting mugged in a dark parking lot coming out of work.
Top Top