Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2006 5:23:03 PM EDT
We need to organise. Support "good" politicians whatever party. Organise against peace protests, Get together and counter protest against that moron Phelps' people at funerals, Volunteer for border protection details in our southern states that have such programs. Things along those lines. I know it seems slightly dumb and of course we would be labeled reactionary crazy gun owners but something will eventually need to be done. I think we all see where this country is going and i for one am horribly frightened....Do you guys ever see us having anything that will accomplish the goals we wish to see?

ETA: Or do we go directly to a civil war howver many years down the line?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:23:57 PM EDT
[#1]
We already do....

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:26:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
We already do....

Took me five seconds to arrive at that answer. It'd be nice if we had one "dedicated" to EBRs, however.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:27:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Okay where do i sign up? When s the next meeting?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:42:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Okay it is pretty obvious no one wants to do anything more then type about things that bother them. It's a wonder we are still a democracy. If anyone in PA wants to get together or anything and meet up at a range to discuss politics and volunteer opportunities let me know via PM.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:45:47 PM EDT
[#5]
How do we set up a national org?  I think we need a lawyer who knows how set it up, so we can collect monies leagally, and donate them to our canidates.  Also, we need staff to help with membership, news, etc.  I personally don't have any experiance in any of this.  I am willing to learn and to do it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:48:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
We need to organise. Support "good" politicians whatever party. Organise against peace protests, Get together and counter protest against that moron Phelps' people at funerals, Volunteer for border protection details in our southern states that have such programs. Things along those lines. I know it seems slightly dumb and of course we would be labeled reactionary crazy gun owners but something will eventually need to be done. I think we all see where this country is going and i for one am horribly frightened....Do you guys ever see us having anything that will accomplish the goals we wish to see?

ETA: Or do we go directly to a civil war howver many years down the line?

Ummmmmm......I'll go with......Option B.

Quoted:
Okay it is pretty obvious no one wants to do anything more then type about things that bother them. It's a wonder we are still a democracy. If anyone in PA wants to get together or anything and meet up at a range to discuss politics and volunteer opportunities let me know via PM.

Thanks

Wow. You have the patience of a saint!

Why don't you give us some of your ideas for what you think needs to be fixed and how to go about it. That really is the sticky part ain't it. The fact we are so spread out and never meet face to face doesn't help either.

I am curious though. And somewhat interested.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:52:37 PM EDT
[#7]
If we start with a list of things that need fixing, we'll never unite to get any of it done.  What we need to do is focus on one issue, like gun control.  More specifically repealing federal gun control laws.  That could be the platform.

Call me crazy, everybody else does.  
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:55:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I just find our options to really suck right now. We are getting so usd to being screwed over by the politicians that we just take it on the chin. Its obvious 2008 will suck royally no matter how you cut it. In a magic world we would get someone like Condi Rice who is hardcore 2nd Amendment, Reality is we get some jerkoff like Guliani. I just wish i could do something that matters. Besides taking out whoever looks to be a obstacle for the countries well being. The NRA is slowly selling us down the river as is every other major lobbying group with any power. Something needs to be done and i just am looking for a solution.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:03:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
In a magic world we would get someone like Condi Rice who is hardcore 2nd Amendment, Reality is we get some jerkoff like Guliani. I just wish i could do something that matters.

I don't know if I have ever seen/read anything pertaining to Condi Rice's position on the 2nd Amenment.  In any case, I'd appreciate it if you, or someone else, could enlighten me on the issue of Condi Rice's stance on the whole gun issue.  I really don't know how viable of a candidate she is at present, but since she's one of the most talked about possible contenders for the GOP nomination, it would be good for us to know.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:08:26 PM EDT
[#10]
what about the NRA for political lobbying, the freedom riders who counter protest at funerals, and the minutemen?

the infastructure is already there, and it's obvious that support is as well.  we don't need to start from the ground up, just organize existing elements
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:09:55 PM EDT
[#11]
We need to focus on the senate, which is getting way too liberal lately.  We should make it impossible to get anti-gun legislation to the president (whatever party that should be).
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:12:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Condi Rice is a Second Amendment absolutist.  She learned the importance of the RKBA growing up in the segregated South.  She saw her father keep guns to defend his rights as a citizen.  
+++++++++++++

Rice: Gun Rights Important As Free Speech By BARRY SCHWEID, AP Diplomatic Writer Wed May 11, 9:13 PM ET

Article found at:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050512/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/rice_guns_1&printer=1

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, recalling how her father took up arms to defend fellow blacks from racist whites in the segregated South, said Wednesday the constitutional right of Americans to own guns is as important as their rights to free speech and religion.

In an interview on CNN's "Larry King Live," Rice said she came to that view from personal experience. She said her father, a black minister, and his friends armed themselves to defended the black community in Birmingham, Ala., against the White Knight Riders in 1962 and 1963. She said if local authorities had had lists of registered weapons, she did not think her father and other blacks would have been able to defend themselves.

Birmingham, where Rice was born in 1954, was a focal point of racial tension. Four black girls were killed when a bomb exploded at a Birmingham church in 1963, a galvanizing moment in the fight for civil rights.

Rice said she favored background checks and controls at gun shows. However, she added, "we have to be very careful when we start abridging rights that the Founding Fathers thought very important."

Rice said the Founding Fathers understood "there might be circumstances that people like my father experienced in Birmingham, Ala., when, in fact, the police weren't going to protect you."

"I also don't think we get to pick and choose from the Constitution," she said in the interview, which was taped for airing Wednesday night. "The Second Amendment is as important as the First Amendment."

The First Amendment protects religious, press and speech freedoms as well as the rights to assemble and petition the government. The Second Amendment guarantees "a well-regulated militia" and "the right of the people to keep and bear arms." Gun-rights supporters and those who favor gun control disagree over whether the amendment guarantees individual gun ownership.

www.mcsm.org/rice01.html
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:12:50 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
what about the NRA for political lobbying, the freedom riders who counter protest at funerals, and the minutemen?

the infastructure is already there, and it's obvious that support is as well.  we don't need to start from the ground up, just organize existing elements

I've thought about that for a long time.  Let the NRA do the lobbying, let the GOA do the grassroots, then we need an outlet to handle the press.  Who is that?

ETA: The NRA should stop publishing it's magazines and use that money more effectivley.  The NRA has the bank roll to get something like this started.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:14:48 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Okay it is pretty obvious no one wants to do anything more then type about things that bother them...

oh, the irony!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:15:39 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Okay it is pretty obvious no one wants to do anything more then type about things that bother them...

oh, the irony!

Hey, that's funny.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:44:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Yes ironic. You guys are probably the kind of guys who think this is just some paranoid bullshit. The government would never impose itself on your gun rights. Just get your head back in the sand.

I don't know how and i do not know when but eventually one of two things will occur in the United States. 1. We lose badly or 2. We win. I really do not see us winning anything substantial anytime soon unless something comes out of the woodworks and sets us on the proper path. How much longer are we going to espouse the patriotic sayings and how soon do we really get to the point where we are marching?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:51:55 PM EDT
[#17]

: The NRA should stop publishing it's magazines

No American rifleman every month? Oh hell no. Cutting down on the junk mail, however, might save a them  a little loot don't ya' think?

don't get me wrong, I answer and contribute when I can afford to, just not able to do it every week.

Just saying there are better ways to cut costs than offing the magazine.

C'mon, man theres a whole page of draw down stories on page 3! EVERY  month!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:07:00 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

: The NRA should stop publishing it's magazines

No American rifleman every month? Oh hell no. Cutting down on the junk mail, however, might save a them  a little loot don't ya' think?

don't get me wrong, I answer and contribute when I can afford to, just not able to do it every week.

Just saying there are better ways to cut costs than offing the magazine.

C'mon, man theres a whole page of draw down stories on page 3! EVERY  month!

They can cut down on the phone calls too.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top