Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2006 2:50:23 PM EDT
Paging PC gurus out there. Funny thing is happening when I am searching for something on Google. I type in the word of what I want to search for. It comes up with a website I want, example would be UPS tracking. I click on it and get directed to either Lycos, Yahoo, or some site totaly unrelated to what I want. What is going on? I am not the best at PCs mind you. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:52:13 PM EDT
[#1]
It's ok....."google is not my friend" either. No matter how many times somebody tells me it is.

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:01:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Spyware sucks, try removing it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:27:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I did using SB Search & Destroy. Anything better out that???
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:30:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I did using SB Search & Destroy. Anything better out that???

Ask Carter to help you.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:49:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Actually the MS Anitspyware software is free, and very good from what I understand.  Download it from the MS updates website, if you haven't already.

It's here: www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/default.mspx
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:16:10 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Actually the MS Anitspyware software is free, and very good from what I understand.  Download it from the MS updates website, if you haven't already.

WooHooo, cleared up the problem, many thanks. Hmmm, I have a firewall (Zone Alarm) and Anti syware stuff and it still got through. Curse you Bill Gates!
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:20:23 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WooHooo, cleared up the problem, many thanks. Hmmm, I have a firewall (Zone Alarm) and Anti syware stuff and it still got through. Curse you Bill Gates!

hehe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top