Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:38:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I ride a sporty bike, but I also ride responsibly.  That rider didn't.  Too bad they couldn't have just killed themselves without destroying innocent lives.  
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:41:59 AM EDT
[#2]
It's the reason I have only ridden touring frame HD's w/ loud pipes.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:58:50 AM EDT
[#3]
wow thats some incredible pictures,

bottom line is these bike has formula ! performance 0-200  fast then you can count to 10, and people dont respect them just like a loaded gun you direspect it its gonna haunt you

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:03:57 AM EDT
[#4]
The dumbest thing I ever did was go 155 on a bike.  WOW... I didn't realize it took 100 yards to react at that speed.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:07:52 AM EDT
[#5]
well thats it.  I'm selling my dangerous motorcycle and will just sit in the corner and shiver.
It's not the bike (gun) it's the rider (shooter).  Harleys crash just as hard and often as anything else.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:09:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:14:37 AM EDT
[#7]
This is the difference between Harley riders and rice bike riders.

Rice bikes have no class so you have to drive like an idiot to impress people.

Harleys have class so we don't have to drive fast. Plus how could people admire our bikes if all they seen was a blure go by.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:19:05 AM EDT
[#8]
stopped to look at a car for sale a week or 2 ago, on a 2 lane 55mph zone highway.  heard them first, but looked up to see a few crotch rockets going by approx. the speed limit.  one of them was doing a wheelie though.  i thought it was cool.  dumb, but hey.  i do them on my dirtbike.  not really anywhere else for them to do it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:23:52 AM EDT
[#9]
I have owned harleys and my dad ran a nitro burning harley at the drags in the 70s. For me they are too slow and heavy. So all jap bike riders are idiots who ride wheeles all day? Not me but it looks like I am in with that bunch whatever I do.
Just like every gun owner is some kind of crazy nut or a criminal.
Harleys are ok by me, whatever style suits you is cool.
I just hate being lumped in with idiots no matter what they are doing.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:26:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Lots of stunters out there along with people who just ride like idiots. I feel it is Darwins theory at work, thinning out the heard.
This guy I work with rides HD and is opposed to helmet laws. I think riding without a helmet is like looking down the barrel of a gun to see if it is loaded but there a bunch of folks out there who are determined to ride without a helmet. I even had a ABATE chick try to tell me that helmets were dangerous because they caused neck injuries in a crash. Something about the weight of the helmet snapping your head forward or backward. I pointed out that racers crash all the time, especially motocross guys, but neck injuries were fairley uncommon, but she was not listening, so......
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:33:23 AM EDT
[#11]
That will buff right out
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:48:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quit riding Years ago even got rid of the DirtBike,,,,convinced a Kid to rid his bad habit of riding 160+mph in Freeway traffic the guy he sold it to wrecked it but lived not knockin' Bikes just ain't for me
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:57:03 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
You should see the way some of the Tampa area idiots ride their bikes.
It's no small wonder more of them aren't creamed underneath trucks every day.

They just had one get killed on the Causeway.      
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:06:55 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
You should see the way some of the Tampa area idiots ride their bikes.
It's no small wonder more of them aren't creamed underneath trucks every day.

+1

I'm sick of all these (street) stunt idiots giving my beloved sport a bad name. Just sold mine, by the way. After 14 years of riding sportbikes I figured being around for my kids was more important than the pleasure I get out of riding.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:15:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Had a Kawasaki ZX-7 when I was 21.  Rode it like a maniac.

Long story, I got in a chase with the cops.  It was like something on TV.  Ran a road block of two cruisers nose to nose.  Not because I was being a dick but I came around a turn over 120mph and there they were.  My alternative was hitting the cruiser broadside.  So I slipped between the front ends of the cruisers.  the cops ran away I uess fear of a 700lb mass of metal and flesh hitting at 120mph.  So I ended up stopping voluntarily.  I was jamme3d up in a residential area.  They had 4 diffewrent twps and on state trooper there.  Recieved $4k in fines.  Was not arrested though.  Fleeing and eluding was still a summary offense in PA at the time.  Lost my DL for a couple years.  trooper clocked me at one point goin 137mph.  

I sold the bike after that..  Fucking way to impulsive at that age for something like that!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:16:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Damn!

I lost a friend and teammate in a similar manner in 2000. Luckily the occupants of the car survived. The guys he was riding with at the time estimate he was going around 120mph but the police report suggested it was more like 140mph. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:17:59 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Harleys have class so we don't have to drive fast. Plus how could people admire our bikes if all they seen was a blure go by.

People (some people) have class, bikes just have specs.

Hey, whatever you gotta tell yourself to keep happy with the choice to pay three times as much for a bike that inferior in every measurable category right?

Lots of idiot riders in both categories

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:18:40 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
well thats it.  I'm selling my dangerous motorcycle and will just sit in the corner and shiver.
It's not the bike (gun) it's the rider (shooter).  Harleys crash just as hard and often as anything else.

\
Since they don't handle as well as as a would guess more HDs have accidents.

I go cold when I think some of the things I did on my 1000cc VTR. Top speed for me was ~130 mph in Montana on an open piece of road.  The bike would have done ~160 but I didn't want to go any faster.  Things happen too fast at those speeds.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:19:12 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Long story, I got in a chase with the cops.  It was like something on TV.  Ran a road block of two cruisers nose to nose.  Not because I was being a dick but I came around a turn over 120mph and there they were.  My alternative was hitting the cruiser broadside.  So I slipped between the front ends of the cruisers.  the cops ran away I uess fear of a 700lb mass of metal and flesh hitting at 120mph.  So I ended up stopping voluntarily.  I was jamme3d up in a residential area.  They had 4 diffewrent twps and on state trooper there.  Recieved $4k in fines.  Was not arrested though.  Fleeing and eluding was still a summary offense in PA at the time.  Lost my DL for a couple years.  trooper clocked me at one point goin 137mph.  

I sold the bike after that..  Fucking way to impulsive at that age for something like that!

Dude, tell me this wasn't in Western PA in the late 80s.....
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:21:20 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Have you actually looked at most of the guys who ride Harleys? Hence the joke, "What the difference between a HD and a vacuum cleaner? The position of the dirt bag!
I ride a Triumph so am above the ricer level.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:22:07 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No it as 92..

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:26:27 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No it as 92..

Gotcha. I worked at a shop north of Pittsburgh and one of our customers (can't remember the bike) ran from the PoPo one night. They had state cops, township cops, city cops...everyone chasing that guy. Finally he gave up. He lost his license too but still managed to ride to the shop every week
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:27:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Stereotyping "rice rocket" riders is like calling all gun owners red-neck incestual retards.. it's wrong.

That said, I wish the guy was still alive, so he could be given corporal punishment daily for killing the two others just for acting stupid. It's a pity that he died instantly.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:29:21 PM EDT
[#24]
this is a heated argument and i have seen it on here before,
if you guys dont like bikers, (harley guys or ricer) dont buy one, dont watch one, dont get into arguments over them, just as there are crazy people in every sport!
Much like you love firearms, there ar epeople who love Bikes, and im sure none of you bike haters have ever done anything crazy in your days!

these things are fast and that  is why they appeal to someone much like a full auto AR appeals to you, occassionaly pople screw up, just cause you post pics of a bike crashing doesnt mean anything, there are prob a million people who ride bikes its apt to happen,

anyway it just urks me when people think bikers are stupid, try telling some 81 boys they are stupid, they will fill in some blanks for you, yuo guys make it seem we are all outlaws for riding!

this could be ranted till the SHTF
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:34:18 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

"Rice bikes" (AKA- sport bikes) are performance machines...not unlike a Corvette, Viper, etc....

Harley's, while being nice, simply lack in every area that a motorcycle should shine...acceleration, handling, and stopping (we won't go into reliability).

If you want to pay twice as much for a mechanically inferior machine, have at it.

I've owned a few Harley's...but wisened up.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:36:47 PM EDT
[#26]
That's nothing a little duct tape and some WD-40 can't fix!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:38:06 PM EDT
[#27]
tag for home

Good post Glockster19.  There are idiots in every category who will ruin it for the 99% of the rest (who are usually law-abiding, considerate people).

Squids who do 150mph on the street, wearing the official squid uniform (flip-flops, t-shirt, shorts and Arai $500 helmet pushed to the back of their head).

Wannabe cruiser weekend riders who break noise ordinances with open pipes, blipping their throttles at stop lights (guess they haven't outgrown the childhood "hey lookit meee" attention-whore impulse), chanting that specious "loud pipes save lives" crap to justify their inadequacies.

and ... uh ... can't think of a good example of a sport-tourer being an asshole, but you get my drift.  

I'll say it again:  there are inconsiderate louts in every category of cycle riding.  They are the ones who ruin it for the vast majority of the riding public!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:38:22 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Have you actually looked at most of the guys who ride Harleys? Hence the joke, "What the difference between a HD and a vacuum cleaner? The position of the dirt bag!

Yeah like the old saying riding a rice bike is like fucking a fat ugly chick it's ok as long as your freinds dont see you.

As far as Harleys being inferior in every way? put down the crack pipe. Ten thousand times more accesories than any other bike on earth. I have 82,000 miles on my Harley rode it all over the country taken countless trips on it and it has only broke down once the coil went out. I had a spare coil in the saddle bags took a whole ten minutes to put it on and I was on my way.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:42:28 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah like the old saying riding a rice bike is like fucking a fat ugly chick it's ok as long as your freinds dont see you.

As far as Harleys being inferior in every way? put down the crack pipe. Ten thousand times more accesories than any other bike on earth. I have 82,000 miles on my Harley rode it all over the country taken countless trips on it and it has only broke down once the coil went out. I had a spare coil in the saddle bags took a whole ten minutes to put it on and I was on my way.

Other bikes don't need accesories.  

I love it when my friends tell me what they had to do to get 100 hp out of a HD.  Mine left the factory at 98 hp.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:45:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Ban Them For The Children!

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:53:49 PM EDT
[#31]
I just got rid of my two. I did some dumb stuff but nothing compared to what I have seen. I got my Honda to 199 on I-95 and could'nt get it to go any faster. After a while I was figuring I'd end up an organ donor so I sold them. BUT, am very interested in a Harley.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:58:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:03:49 PM EDT
[#33]
I used to own a BMW K75 and used to do 120 every day back and forth to work on rt.95(one handed in a tuck). I had a rain suit and would not consider it a good day if I didn't reach a 100mph in the rain. rode from Rapid City South Dakota to Phila. non-stop for only food and fuel.
I once traded bikes with a friend who had a BMW 1000cc turbo charged by Luftmiester. I don't know how fast I went because I didn't have time to look at the speedo at top speed. But when I was excelerating above 100 I looked down and was amazed at the speed needle sweeping FAST to higher speeds.
People often ask why I rode like a mad man. It was the speed, its like a drug. Even guys I rode with were like"dude you're scaring us".
When you go that fast it feels like you not only own the road, you own the F*****G world! Rob Zombie says it best....."Do you know what it means to feel like god?
"
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:04:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Yes, we all know this could never happen to a rider of an Hardly Ableson.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:06:34 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I just got rid of my two. I did some dumb stuff but nothing compared to what I have seen. I got my Honda to 199 on I-95 and could'nt get it to go any faster. After a while I was figuring I'd end up an organ donor so I sold them. BUT, am very interested in a Harley.

"and could'nt get it to go any faster. "...........I think thats one of the biggest rushes. When your going balls to the wall and the throttle is pegged, there's just no more bike left.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:07:21 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

So, you have a bike that is slow and you say "we don't have to drive fast".  Right.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:15:15 PM EDT
[#37]
I almost passed a cop doing in excess of 100mph on the bi-pass in Louisville until a saw a car about 1/2 a mile ahead yeild the left lane and more over  to the far right.  That made me think why would someone cross 4 lanes of traffic.  At about the same time my headlight bounced off his truck and I saw reflect letters  (Lousiville Polie Dept).  I grabbed lots of brake, started down-shifting, and tuck into traffic behind him.  That ticket would have sucked.

The worst riders (for excessive speed) were some guys I knew that worked for the USMS.

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:21:13 PM EDT
[#38]
bought my first sportbike right before my 40th birthday. perhaps a better time to do so than when young. took riding safely seriously for the most part although i would do occassional high speed blasts if i could see the beginning to end road stretch.

got a leather suit and all the gear and did track days.

im glad i did. always wanted a bike. but was always scared riding it. there is no second chance, no swerve, no fender benders, just a wreck and pain. slamming on breaks at 100 is a art (which I practiced a bunch on a deserted dead end road). had guys tell me to use just the rear.. what a joke and an invitiation for disaster.

only thing i would ever consider a harley for would be looks. and only the chopped ones. otherwise they are way too expensive, heavy and dont handle well. if i had gone another way with a bike it would have been a tourer, probably a bmw.

anyways, im getting out, selling mine and feeling basically lucky about the whole thing.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:31:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Had mine going 170mph on a very straight very open hwy  looking back very stupid one deer in the road or anything ALL DONE. Got 4 kids now and no cycle.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:45:22 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

OH BOY, 10,000 ACCESSORIES!
You've got one of these then, no doubt:

www.leadermotorcycle.com/page/L/PROD/DRINK/RR-Ch

Delusional.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:47:52 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Rice bikes" (AKA- sport bikes) are performance machines...not unlike a Corvette, Viper, etc....

Harley's, while being nice, simply lack in every area that a motorcycle should shine...acceleration, handling, and stopping (we won't go into reliability).

If you want to pay twice as much for a mechanically inferior machine, have at it.

I've owned a few Harley's...but wisened up.

You haven't ridden a Harley in a long time, have you?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:52:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Sport-bikes are stupid.

They should be illegal.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:57:14 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

OH BOY, 10,000 ACCESSORIES!
You've got one of these then, no doubt:

www.leadermotorcycle.com/page/L/PROD/DRINK/RR-Ch

Delusional.

Thanks for the link.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:16:50 PM EDT
[#44]
I pick up 4 to 6 fatel motorcycle accidents in an average year.  Most of them are young drivers on sports bikes.  I have only ever picked up two touring style motorcycle deaths.  One was a bike that was run off of the highway when a driver towing a trailer passed the bike, and crossed back into the right hand lane, forgetting that he was towing a trailer, the trailer pushed the man off of the road, and down a embankment, where he died.  The second was a man who was sitting stopped at a corner, and fell over.  The bike pinched his leg, and as he fell, his head smacked the pavement. He was not wearing a helmet, and when his head hit the ground he died.  In my experience, it makes little difference if you are wearing a helmet or not, although you may look better for the viewing if you wear one.  

Young and stupid with a racing bike = dead.  But it's your choice, just try not to kill anyone else when you go.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:45:44 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've owned a few Harley's...but wisened up. hr

Let me buy you a beer, sir.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:12:08 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Sport-bikes are stupid.

They should be illegal.

I hope you are kidding.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:17:00 PM EDT
[#47]
And thats one reason I stick to my 1986 Suzuki FA50, 50cc, 27mph (30 with the wind to my back or a hill)
Second is $$$$
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:39:52 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I have owned harleys and my dad ran a nitro burning harley at the drags in the 70s. For me they are too slow and heavy. So all jap bike riders are idiots who ride wheeles all day? Not me but it looks like I am in with that bunch whatever I do.
Just like every gun owner is some kind of crazy nut or a criminal.
Harleys are ok by me, whatever style suits you is cool.
I just hate being lumped in with idiots no matter what they are doing.

That's well said.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:40:45 PM EDT
[#49]
That's why I use my sportbike like this, where everyone is going in the same direction, there aren't any clueless people trying to turn me into a hood ornament and no speeding tickets!

Yes, that's really me

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:41:04 PM EDT
[#50]
That's a hell of a crash.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top