Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:04:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm 37 and have ridden sportbikes for about 15 years. I think HDs are fine, don't mind riding with those guys at all. The ones who usually give me grief for riding a rice bike aren't the hardcore guys who have been on a HD since before it was trendy. The guys who run there mouths are the weekend warriors who bought there custom chopper cause they saw Jesse James on Discovery. Guys that ride for the joy of riding can appreciate all kinds of bike and what they offer. My only problem with the american iron crowd is the fact that they rarely wear gear or a helmet. Sportbike guys are usually alot younger but I think that may have something to do with the fact that I can buy a brand new SB for less than half of what a nice HD cost. I don't cut traffic or do standups on the highway, I also don't ride bar to bar and pound drinks. I think there are enough bad examples on both sides of the fence.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:19:01 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sport-bikes are stupid.

They should be illegal.

I hope you are kidding.

Not at all.

They are dangerous and have no place on the roads.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:19:08 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It's the reason I have only ridden touring frame HD's w/ loud pipes.

Then you might be surprised to learn that the group with the largest increase in motorcycle fatalities in the past couple years is the middle-age male who rides a HD-style cruiser.  Sportbike riders aren't the only ones with squids in their midst.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:29:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sport-bikes are stupid.

They should be illegal.

I hope you are kidding.

Look at his avatar and then look at his username.  It'd be pretty hypocritical of him if he wasn't kidding.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:44:05 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
This is the difference between Harley riders and rice bike riders.

Rice bikes have no class so you have to drive like an idiot to impress people.

Harleys have class so we don't have to drive fast. Plus how could people admire our bikes if all they seen was a blure go by.

That is the funniest comment, I have ever read here.  I am still not sure you are not joking.  Harleys are for people with a complete lack of orgininality.  Everybody has one or wants one.  Harley people are just sheeps.  It is ridiculous.  They get to the point were every thing they buy has to say Harley on it.  Class is when people have some originality and personality and choose a bike for some other reason then the Harley name. They still have very poor reliability even though they have been pretty much making the same thing for many years.  
Proud owner of a Ducati and Norton
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:50:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Harleys have class so we don't have to drive fast. Plus how could people admire our bikes if all they seen was a blure go by.

That is the funniest comment, I have ever read here.  I am still not sure you are not joking.  Harleys are for people with a complete lack of orgininality.  Everybody has one or wants one.  Harley people are just sheeps.  It is ridiculous.  They get to the point were every thing they buy has to say Harley on it.  Class is when people have some originality and personality and choose a bike for some other reason then the Harley name. They still have very poor reliability even though they have been pretty much making the same thing for many years.  
Proud owner of a Ducati and Norton

You are confusing jealousy with originality. Lets see you cant do much with a jap bike but with a Harley the sky is the limit. No other bike on earth can you customize to the point it is one of the kind. Hows that for class every rice bike model is the same no matter who owns it you cant really do shit to it. As far as what you ride so be it just because you cant afford a Harley kinda like the guys that come to the full auto forum and knock MG's deal with it don't make excuses for your problems in life. You buy a jap bike for say 5K ride it for five years and sell it for 2K if your lucky and took care of it. Buy a Harley ride it for ten years and sell it for more than you paid for it as long as you took care of it.

I have a very good freind that has rode dirt bikes and rice rockets for many years and he said the same things all the others have said in this thread about Harleys to me when I bought my Harley. One day at work we both worked together at the time I rode my Harley. He finaly came up to me and asked if he could take it for a spin I said sure since I knew he was an expeirenced rider. He came back and there is no words to describe his complete and total change of attitude. In short he seen the light and guess what he sold his rice rocket and bought a buel.

As far as the comments about wanna bees yes that is a problem and I hate it however I am no wanna bee. Kind of cracked me up when I pointed out I have 82,000 miles on my Harley and no rice bike boys chimed in about how many mile they have. I mean after all with the "mechanicaly superior bike they claim to have" I would think they would like to shove that in my face.

Last but not least I ride with several people with rice STREET bikes. I will never ride with any jackass that owns a rice rocket. Everytime I have done that we didnt get 10 miles before they pissed me off riding like jackasses and I left them.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:08:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I bet that display smells really good.

$5 says that the car turned left in front of him.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:10:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Rice bikes" (AKA- sport bikes) are performance machines...not unlike a Corvette, Viper, etc....

Harley's, while being nice, simply lack in every area that a motorcycle should shine...acceleration, handling, and stopping (we won't go into reliability).

If you want to pay twice as much for a mechanically inferior machine, have at it.

I've owned a few Harley's...but wisened up.

You haven't ridden a Harley in a long time, have you?

Yes, actually I have. I owned a Soft Tail, it was a lump, traded it for a Fat Boy, it was a lump, traded that for an Electraglide....guess what....it was a lump too. And I spent 8 years on the motor unit for my police dept....riding Harleys. After the three I owned, and the 7 or 8 I had on the PD, I probably have more miles on Harleys than you do on your favorite Lazy Boy and you favorite pair of Hush Puppies combined.

My father in law has an Electraglide Ultra Classic, and it's fun to take out on Sundays. I turn the stereo on, set the cruise, put my frappacino in the chrome plated cup holder, and relax. It reminds me of the Sundays that I take out my John Deer, but at least then I get my grass cut.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:36:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Rice bikes" (AKA- sport bikes) are performance machines...not unlike a Corvette, Viper, etc....

Harley's, while being nice, simply lack in every area that a motorcycle should shine...acceleration, handling, and stopping (we won't go into reliability).

If you want to pay twice as much for a mechanically inferior machine, have at it.

I've owned a few Harley's...but wisened up.

You haven't ridden a Harley in a long time, have you?

Yes, actually I have. I owned a Soft Tail, it was a lump, traded it for a Fat Boy, it was a lump, traded that for an Electraglide....guess what....it was a lump too. And I spent 8 years on the motor unit for my police dept....riding Harleys. After the three I owned, and the 7 or 8 I had on the PD, I probably have more miles on Harleys than you do on your favorite Lazy Boy and you favorite pair of Hush Puppies combined.

My father in law has an Electraglide Ultra Classic, and it's fun to take out on Sundays. I turn the stereo on, set the cruise, put my frappacino in the chrome plated cup holder, and relax. It reminds me of the Sundays that I take out my John Deer, but at least then I get my grass cut.

Ummm well nobody asked about your father inlaw and how much he rode but hey might as well make all the excuses you can.  You don't have any miles on a Harley funny how all the PD's here have them and love them nice try. Ok little boy how many miles have you put on a bike thats the bottom line stop makeing an ass of yourself. I have put 82'000 on my Harley.

We are not talking about your dream puppies or everybody elses bike you ride LMAO we are talking about you so back to reality. What bike do you have and how many miles? let me guess it's like your LE career it's a fantasy.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:59:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I've had sport bike riders tell me (leather jacket/chaps) that HD riders are sheep for wearing the same thing....as he was in his power ranger suit and left with a couple other sport bike riders....in their power ranger suits.

Why is HD popular?? I don't really know. Why are 60's cars popular? big, inefficient and my god, they had "carbs" Contrast to a speed racer of today, a 4 banger that puts out as much hp as the old v8's. Why do people like them?

If it was not profitable to make the old style v twins, HD would have stopped along time ago. If HD's style is so bad, why did the Japanese big bike makers invest MILLIONS in RD/ production lines etc. Obviously there is a market.

Each bike is designed for a different type of rider if you will. Is any one "better" than the next? Of course there are riders that will insist that THEIR bike is the best. If anyone insists, I'll just say, "sure, your bike is better than mine"

I really don't like to be catagorized. but if you insist, please just call me a rider. I'm not a kid and I'm not squirrley, so I'm not a squid. Don't have a sportbike (I want one) and dont have 1 piece leather suit, so I'm not a power ranger. I'm not an outlaw, so i'm not a 1%. I don't have every piece of clothing, dishes, and a houshold full of nice, bright and new HD merchandise and a HD in the garage that only comes out 6 times a year so I'm not a RUB. I have very few HD T shirts, and I don't wear them with dirty jeans, leather vest, a subscription to Easy Rider, memorised every HD spec for every HD bike ever made, only ride with other HD's eat, breath and sleep HD,  so I'm not a biker (only "real" bikers ride HD). I don't have a stereo and coffee cup holders on my bike, so I'm not a tourer.

I am a rider. I enjoy the ride. I don't care what you ride, as long as you know the ride. I don't care what you wear....as long as you know the ride.  If you know the ride, you won't care what others ride or how the dress. You won't feel the need to place yourself or your bike above anybody else. If you are broke down on the side of the road, a rider will stop and offer help. They will not want anything for helping. If you are a rider, you know that that debt will be repaid, not to the person who helped you, but to someone else.

rant mode off

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:02:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ummm well nobody asked about your father inlaw and how much he rode but hey might as well make all the excuses you can. You don't have any miles on a Harley funny how all the PD's here have them and love them nice try. Ok little boy how many miles have you put on a bike thats the bottom line stop makeing an ass of yourself. I have put 82'000 on my Harley.

We are not talking about your dream puppies or everybody elses bike you ride LMAO we are talking about you so back to reality. What bike do you have and how many miles? let me guess it's like your LE career it's a fantasy.

Huh? It's called reading comprehension.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:20:50 PM EDT
[#12]

Ummm well nobody asked about your father inlaw and how much he rode but hey might as well make all the excuses you can. You don't have any miles on a Harley funny how all the PD's here have them and love them nice try. Ok little boy how many miles have you put on a bike thats the bottom line stop makeing an ass of yourself. I have put 82'000 on my Harley.

OK, Skippy...what ever helps you sleep through the night. As long as you are happy with your bike, that's all that matters.

I crack on HD because I've owned them, and rode them for a living for 8 years. And the ones that I had the (mis)fortune of riding were overpriced, underpowered, ill-handling, unreliable lumps of crap. All of the Japanese bikes I've owned, and ridden, have been just the opposite. Sorry, just a fact.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:50:53 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

OK, Skippy...what ever helps you sleep through the night. As long as you are happy with your bike, that's all that matters.

I crack on HD because I've owned them, and rode them for a living for 8 years. And the ones that I had the (mis)fortune of riding were overpriced, underpowered, ill-handling, unreliable lumps of crap. All of the Japanese bikes I've owned, and ridden, have been just the opposite. Sorry, just a fact.

Ok skippy once again you avoided the question HOW MANY MILES HAVE YOU PUT ON YOUR BIKE?  geez does anybody else speak another language english does not appear to work.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:03:52 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Yeah, I agree. After being to Bike Week and Sturgis, I can attest I've never seen anyone do stupid stunts on a Harley, get drunk or go too fast. I've also never seen brawls, bad people, or skanky sluts blow a guy while he rides down the street.

Harley riders are all class, yessiree.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:14:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Idiots will do dumb things and get killed no matter what type of bike they are riding. It's not a matter of a bike type-although young morons seem to be attracted to sport bikes like they are attracted to sports/muscle cars.

Harley, BMW, Japanese, British, whatever-ride and have fun! Let the morons kill themselves and those of us that truly love to ride will sit back and shake our heads.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:46:51 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Sport-bikes are stupid.

They should be illegal.

I don't know, maybe you should try owning one first before making judgements like that.

As for Harley vs. Sportbikes, my preferrence is for sportbikes but ride what you like.  If being on a Harley makes you happy that's super.  For me bikes are about performance.  I go much slower now in my old age, but I like a nice controlled ride.  And with the Aprilia I get the nice V2 rumble to go with it.

As for the crashing, motorcycle injuries and deaths have been going up over the past few years, though the majority of it is people in their 40s-50s getting back into riding on a Harley or custom job riding from bar to bar while drinking and wearing those stupid beanie helmets.  And I hang out with a lot of sport bikers and whenever we meet, at 39 there are just about as many people older than me as younger.

Plus sportbikes are just prettier than harleys. My pretty silver ninja out front.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:46:34 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Ok skippy once again you avoided the question HOW MANY MILES HAVE YOU PUT ON YOUR BIKE?  geez does anybody else speak another language english does not appear to work.

I haven't kept a single bike long enough to put 82,000 miles on it. Of the bikes I've had over the last several years, the most miles I've put on any one bike was around 20K miles in a year and a half. My current bike has around 3K on it...happy?

You were right incidently, and I apologize, you Harley riders are all class.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:53:35 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

F-you, dude. You are short of clues and class.

The best bike in the world is the one you are on.

ETA: That accident happened in England. In fact, that motorcycle (Honda NC30) wasn't even available here back when they made them..... The pics you see were shot at a Motorcycle show in England as part of a safety campaign.

ETA II: Pics were swiped from a thread in the Cars and Bikes forum.

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:11:31 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Oh jesus, not this shit again.   Not to bring up a can of worms, but at bike week this year, 18 people on bikes died.  MOST, on the order of 12,  if I have the number right, were on CRUSIERS and HARLEY style or actual brand bikes.   Most accidents people where not wearing helmets.  Sprotbikes are NOT the only bikes that people do stupid shit on and you can actually AVOID some accidents on a machine that handles quickly, even at low speeds.

"Rice bikes have no class.....   Drive like an idiot..... "  You seriously are an ass...  

I went to the Cycle World show here in Atlanta the other day.  I admired all (well not ALL some were ugly) the Choppers and Harley V-twin based bikes for their art and workmanship.   Some of the bikes were incredible, one was almost entirely carbon fiber (frame, tank, swingarm, seat, fenders..) and amazing.  
I looked at the Buells and admired the engineering that went into their new stuff with the fuel tanks in the frame, etc.  I checked out the Harley V-rod with all the new improvements, it is a sweet bike.
BMW had some tremendous stuff, very GERMAN....built like a tank, but with precision...  
And the "rice bikes".....  Well Agusta, Ducati, Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki  all had new machines out (some even had CRUISERS...GASP).   Some of these bikes have enginneering improvements that would make an aerospace engineer proud.  The little sculpted lines in the fairings and on sheetmetal to keep the air flowing faster over the surface of the bikes, the user adustable settings on almost all parts of the bikes to make the ride match the rider, the different formats of brakes to make these machines stop better....

I am sorry, Harleys are not the end all, be all of motorcycles.  They just AREN'T.  There are people out there in the world who appreciate the skills, time and talent it takes to improve an already fast, good handling product year after year.  Harleys are good bikes for what they are used for, Going slow, being loud, being flashy attention-getters.  Sportbikes are good for what they are used for; a thrilling ride, giving the rider the chance to push his skill level and enjoy finding the right lines through a curve and being out with friends doing the same thing.  

That being said, that does not excuse any sort of asshat behavior on any sort of motorcycle.  

Your comments however are rude, close-minded and CLASSLESS.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:32:32 AM EDT
[#20]
We have a long riding season, all year long.  I hear the worst of this, because my brother investigates the fatals.  I have seen the photos where a crotch rocket hit a huge cadillac and spun it, and where a crack head jumped the center barrier and splattered a harley rider.  There is another where a bike was rear ended and ripped the bikers balls off and he bled out.  I have seen riders cross center and get pancaked by semis.  

There are a ton of deaths where the rider did absolutely nothing.  A local cop was recently injured when someone turned in front of him.  At least two bike cops have career-threatening injuries.  

There are a lot of things than people do every day that are dangerous.  Driving a car is dangerous.  Jumping out of perfectly good airplanes...... You can't enjoy life walking around on eggshells.  

Last year I had a flatbed semi with a tractor on the back turn from the wrong lane to the right, in front of me, with no signal.  I barely got it shut down.  Even though I thought there is no way that driver would do that, the possibility was in my mind and my hand/foot was already on the brake.  Another second and I would have been splattered under rear wheels.  

More often than not, it is an inattentive driver that will get you killed.  Often, a very light crash will get you killed without a helmet.  Stupidity will get you killed.  

Let's worry about bird flu for a while.  I am going for a ride.........

You ride a bike, you are in the wind.  It doesn't matter what you ride, tires and a motor, it is a bike.  It does piss me off when I am in a cage and I see assholes doing wheelies and blocking lanes.  Even as a biker, it does not bother me in the least to run them off the road.  I have seen me do it.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:42:11 AM EDT
[#21]
In my opinion, based on my experience. The sport bike is so dangerous because it is the fastest thing on the road. The power a bone stock bike has will make just about anyone an idiot if you are not initially scared of it. Thats one of the reasons I sold mine. I toned my riding down (was never really crazy) but every once and a while, I liked that rush.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:55:47 AM EDT
[#22]
The ONLY thing that makes a sport bike dangerous is the rider. The capabilities it has make it no more lethal than having a 30 round mag does for an AR when comparing it to a single shot .22.

Now if you want to say that sport bikes allow you to ride faster, safely, I'll go with that. They dont' feel fast, and that's why people crash on them. That said, it's not kids crashing on them these days, it's older guys buying medium sporty motorcycles and cruisers that haven't had a bike since the Triumph they had before the Army/College/Kids etc.

Dave
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:04:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Oh and my Glock....  I can get 10,000 accessories for it..... does that mean that my glock is better then a 1911, or a FN 5.7?  
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:24:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Anybody else notice that anybody who says they have class invariably does not?

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:36:35 AM EDT
[#25]
I've had Harleys and I've had sport bikes. 21 years with a motorcycle endorsement. Where are these haters? Only on the internet and I bet most of you ride mopeds!

I haven't enocuntered any assclowns that gave a shiite about wether you rode rice or iron.

You guys must be hanging out at the Harley boutique or video game arcades where silly shiite like this is discussed in length.

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:46:49 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I've had Harleys and I've had sport bikes. 21 years with a motorcycle endorsement. Where are these haters? Only on the internet and I bet most of you ride mopeds!

Or Worse... He's probably a 'Rebel Without A Ride'..... You know poses the 'lifestyle' but his skanked out wife and two larvae dicatate he drive a minivan rather than a Hog. He's got the T-Shirts, he's got the belt buckle, even has the Anniversary Edition Zippo, but he does not own a Harley.  Starts every conversation at work with "My buddy's Harley....", "When I get me Harley....", and "Last year when me and my Bro's were at Sturgis....."

He's probably a Kindergarten teacher.....
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:48:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Speaking of miles: HunterCo, have you ever ridden your bike cross country? I mean, literally ACROSS THE COUNTRY?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:54:01 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
You should see the way some of the Tampa area idiots ride their bikes.
It's no small wonder more of them aren't creamed underneath trucks every day.

Shit, try riding in Sarasota or Venice... all these half-blind blue-hair drivers will run yer ass over and claim the didn't see you. Happens all the time. Its even less funny when these old fucks spend three hours at dinner with other old fucks and they all were drinking their cocktails then leave the restaurant buzzed up, and it is dark out side and they alreadly can't see in the day light, let alone NIGHT driving.

I think we need a law that mandates driver's license testing every year after the age of 70!!!

If the driver can't read the little screen with the stop signs and shit, then too damn bad, they don't get to drive. I don't care if they've been driving since Jesus Christ was in diapers, they still don't deserve to drive.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:54:09 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I have 82,000 miles on my Harley rode it all over the country taken countless trips on it and it has only broke down once the coil went out. I had a spare coil in the saddle bags took a whole ten minutes to put it on and I was on my way.

Hmmm..... Only broke down "once", huh? As in "once" on that particular trip? Just happened to have a coil in your saddlebag because your Harley dripped the word "Electrical System Failure" on your driveway before you left?

My Kawasaki didn't need anything but gas when I did my cross country trip..

Reminds me of the day that I went over to my Journeyman's place about 15 years ago... He's dyed in the wool like most of the Faithful and his wife piped up that she rode nude on a Jap bike all the way through Florida on the way to Daytona in the early 70's. My reply was:

You know Dan, they say you meet the nicest people on a Honda!

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:58:11 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Bullshit.  There are plenty of Hardly Ableson riders out there that are a danger to public safety.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:00:55 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sport-bikes are stupid.

They should be illegal.

I hope you are kidding.

Not at all.

Well, let's change it just a bit:

ARs are stupid.

They should be illegal.

Sound familiar?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:05:27 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sport-bikes are stupid.

They should be illegal.

I hope you are kidding.

Not at all.

ARs are stupid.

They should be illegal.

Sound familiar?

Triumph is trolling and should be BANNED!

Be back later i'm going for a little ride on my rice cooker.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:07:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Lets talk engineering.  Common crankpin V-twin?  Bad idea on NVH (noise, vibration and harshness).  But yet the sheeple Hardly Ableson riders like that sound.  Why?

Air cooled engines have lower compression, poorer efficiency and shorter life.  

Loud pipes do not increase efficiency over a properly designed exhaust system.  The acoustic energy can be used to scavenge the cylinder, resulting in more power and a quieter system.  Noise is energy.  Noise spent heating the air is energy wasted out the exhaust pipe and not put to the ground.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:11:07 AM EDT
[#34]
bogus....Its a fabricated scene..
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:31:52 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sport-bikes are stupid.

They should be illegal.

I hope you are kidding.

Not at all.

ARs are stupid.

They should be illegal.

Sound familiar?

Larry, he's baiting you! Look at his screen name...do you know what a Triumph 955i is? Take a guess
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:06:53 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

The difference in my Ducati and your Harley is that mine is actually worth the high price tag.  Most people on Harleys are just out to play badass for a day when they get away from their desk job.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:35:25 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sport-bikes are stupid.

They should be illegal.

I hope you are kidding.

Not at all.

ARs are stupid.

They should be illegal.

Sound familiar?

Larry, he's baiting you! Look at his screen name...do you know what a Triumph 955i is? Take a guess

I know it's a bike.  I don't recall if that is the 3 cylinder Triumph or not.   It is still a statement one who is adamant about not banning stuff, as we all should be, should not make.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:36:38 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Lets talk engineering.  Common crankpin V-twin?  Bad idea on NVH (noise, vibration and harshness).  But yet the sheeple Hardly Ableson riders like that sound.  Why?

Loud pipes do not increase efficiency over a properly designed exhaust system.  The acoustic energy can be used to scavenge the cylinder, resulting in more power and a quieter system.  Noise is energy.  Noise spent heating the air is energy wasted out the exhaust pipe and not put to the ground.

But.......but..........but, loud pipes save lives, doncha know.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:38:33 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sport-bikes are stupid.

They should be illegal.

I hope you are kidding.

Not at all.

ARs are stupid.

They should be illegal.

Sound familiar?

It sounds very familiar, Larry
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:50:25 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But.......but..........but, loud pipes save lives, doncha know.

Loud pipes only save sad lonely wretched lives lived in the the obscurity of low self esteem.  Once certian people learn that they can be important, in their our minds, by being the loudest dickhead on the block well they can return to normal productive lives proud to be an annoyance to all of their neighbors.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:33:58 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The difference in my Ducati and your Harley is that mine is actually worth the high price tag.  Most people on Harleys are just out to play badass for a day when they get away from their desk job.

Amen to that
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:35:32 PM EDT
[#42]
fucking missle!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top