Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/22/2006 7:50:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/22/2006 7:50:23 AM EDT by TheOtherDave]
As in Discus Launched Glider?

www.kennedycomposites.com/media/blaster2.wmv

These are a ton of fun, I've been flying a Texas Twister for a few years now and have an Enigma ready to go. Launches on a good ship are in the 100' range, and the launch style takes out the athletic part of the equation-making it a viable form of fun for those who like their twinkies and cheezie-poofs. This kind of flying is a great distraction from everyday flying (or electric pylon racing in my case) and it just requires a park for a flying space. And o waiting for batteries to charge...

The plane in the vid is called a Blaster, I got to see one last year at the Toledo show... Which is coming up again in 2 weeks. Might hafta git one! I mold composite airframes and I wouldn't build one of these for what they ask....
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:58:11 AM EDT
Coolio! What are they worth? It's pretty amazing how high that thing goes after being thrown like that!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:00:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/22/2006 8:01:24 AM EDT by TheOtherDave]
Depends on how "contest worthy" they are, and how much work you have to do..... Sorta like all the SIG Whores pay more for a tactical model!

Low end, $80, high end $350. This is the higher end of it. Basically, you drop your radio in it, balance it and go fly. It comes painted in the mold, pre rigged etc.
Top Top