User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:41:49 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I listened to his whole speech yesterday.  I was about 80+% in agreement with his ideas.  I'd readily vote for this man for a third term if it was possible.

Same here.

Agreed +3

ditto....mostly because i hate him less than the alternatives...
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:47:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
It addresses the statement that there are no jobs that Americans won't take.

No, you're trying to change the terms of the debate in midstream. You're trying to address the problem that there are Americans who won't take the job no matter what the wage is. I'm trying to address the problem that there are Americans who want to work, but can't find a job that will pay a decent wage because illegal immigrants have driven down wages.

Two separate issues, like I said. Anytime you want to have an honest debate on the facts, I'm your man.

I was addressing this one remark:

There are no jobs that Americans won't do.

I don't agree with that statement.  I am not trying to change anything, just disagreeing with that remark because there are jobs that some Americans won't do out of some inflated sense of self-worth regardless of any other issue.

jobrelatedstuff.com/images/smilies/anim_bs2.gif

If that was truly the case, who used to do all of these jobs before the illegal invasion?

Have we not always had resturants, hotels, fast food joints, lawn services, etc?

Name one thing we did NOT have in this country before illegal aliens invaded? Bet you can't name one. Maybe you should peddle the pro-Bush, pro-illegal stuff somewhere else because it doesn't seem like many are buying into it.

Exactly.

It was only once illegals started coming in and were willing to work for a shitty wage (that could support a family back in Mexico, but NOT in the U.S.) that the wages started dropping to the point that Americans were unwilling or unable to compete for those jobs.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:28:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:39:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
People can hate this man for a varity of reasons. I like him because he is a man of principle and I think he really cares and thinks for himself about what comes out of his mouth.

+1

Max
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:57:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I shoveled chicken manure for a while - for a farmer who would not hire illegals to do the job.  I think I was paid $3.75 an hr.  I was paid a bonus (got $5 and hr) for hauling hay in the sun.  It was good working for an honest person.

I did assembly line construction too for a while.  There was a standing joke when an illegal did not show up on a monday - when caught by ins we simply said said they were visiting their family.  They were always back in less than a week.  At least the product was made in the USA - better than most of the cheep plastic chinease **** that Wal-mart sells anyway.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:54:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
www.breitbart.com/news/2006/03/22/060322081757.e1blb1k1.html

Bush warned that illegal immigration was "an emotional issue" and if the debate was "not conducted properly," it would "send signals that I don't think will befit the nation's history and traditions."

I remember the last time we were surrounded by Mexicans-  Too bad Lt. Col. Travis is dead.  But his spirit still lives on in many Americans.

March 6, 1836- Lt. Col. Travis's final dispatches include a poignant example of the Texan spirit as the noose tightened around the Alamo. He wrote, "The enemy has demanded a surrender at discretion otherwise the garrison are to be put to the sword, if the fort is taken -- I have answered their demand with a cannon shot, & our flag still waves proudly from the walls -- I shall never surrender or retreat."
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:49:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
It addresses the statement that there are no jobs that Americans won't take.

No, you're trying to change the terms of the debate in midstream. You're trying to address the problem that there are Americans who won't take the job no matter what the wage is. I'm trying to address the problem that there are Americans who want to work, but can't find a job that will pay a decent wage because illegal immigrants have driven down wages.

Two separate issues, like I said. Anytime you want to have an honest debate on the facts, I'm your man.

I was addressing this one remark:

There are no jobs that Americans won't do.

I don't agree with that statement.  I am not trying to change anything, just disagreeing with that remark because there are jobs that some Americans won't do out of some inflated sense of self-worth regardless of any other issue.

jobrelatedstuff.com/images/smilies/anim_bs2.gif

If that was truly the case, who used to do all of these jobs before the illegal invasion?

Have we not always had resturants, hotels, fast food joints, lawn services, etc?

Name one thing we did NOT have in this country before illegal aliens invaded? Bet you can't name one. Maybe you should peddle the pro-Bush, pro-illegal stuff somewhere else because it doesn't seem like many are buying into it.

Exactly.

It was only once illegals started coming in and were willing to work for a shitty wage (that could support a family back in Mexico, but NOT in the U.S.) that the wages started dropping to the point that Americans were unwilling or unable to compete for those jobs.

I agree.  DK, i'm curious as to what you think should be done about the illegals already here?

I'm of the opinion that the most important thing is to stop the influx of illegals first before we even think about discussing what to so with those here.  Then I think a mix of deportations and temporary work visas is the answer..... but i'm not sure.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:55:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Asked about those undocumented workers who have lived in the US for more than a decade, Bush said: "One of the issues is going to be to deal with somebody whose family has been here for a while, raised a family, and that'll be an interesting debate."

WTF!???

Oh go fuck yourself you double-talking, Mexico-butt-kissing ASSHOLE!!!

When do we ever have an "interesting debate" about what to do with law-breakers who have a family????

Car thieves have a family and have been here a long time too and so do we now have to have an "interesting debate" about whether to arrest and imprison them!???

Embezzelers have a family and have been here a long time too and so do we now have to have an "interesting debate" about whether to throw them in jail!???

Tax-evaders have a family and have been here a long time too and so do we now have to have an "interesting debate" about whether to throw them in jail!???

Muggers, burglars, purjorers, identity-thieves, bank robbers, drug-dealers, prostitutes, shoplifters... they ALL have families and they ALL have been here a long time and so do we now have to an "interesting debate" about whether to ENFORCE ANY OF THESE LAWS and arrest and punish any of THESE criminals too!???????

Mr. President, with no due respect - you are a fucking retard and traitor to our nation's laws!!!

Go fuck yourself and the illegal-alien horde you rode in on you cocksucking, Aztlan-supporting, border-erasing, America-destroying ASSHOLE!!!!

What he ^^^ said.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:59:23 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Mr. President, with no due respect - you are a fucking retard and traitor to our nation's laws!!!

Go fuck yourself and the illegal-alien horde you rode in on you cocksucking, Aztlan-supporting, border-erasing, America-destroying ASSHOLE!!!!

"With no due respect" you sound like one of the President hating loonies from DU.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:05:29 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"With no due respect" you sound like one of the President hating loonies from DU.

Bush is treating criminals with kiddie gloves.  He's doing just fine in Iraq.  Now he has to work on home-front issues.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:09:27 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Except I'm right.

Got anything more than "you sound like a DUer"?

Should we start having "interesting debates" about how to prosecute and punish all other criminals who have families and have lived here a long time too? Why have ANY laws if people can be ALLOWED to break those laws for 10-15 years and then be granted amnesty by the millions?

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top