Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2006 8:41:10 PM EDT
I'm a MO resident, where you have to be 23 for CCW. However I do know some peope who have gotten out of state non-resident permits that MO honors. Florida is the most appealing it seems, as most states honor it. Anyone else do something similar, or know someone who has? What are you opinions on this?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:43:28 PM EDT
[#1]
have you checked out packing.org?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:47:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I've looked at the information on there a lot. I was just wondering what you guys had to say about it. When it comes to firearms, you guys have a good head on your shoulders it seems and I salute you for it. I was wondering more about what everyone thought about the idea in general and if there may be issues with liability etc.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:55:12 PM EDT
[#3]
i would look into your state's laws regarding non-resident permits for residents.  just because MO honors a FL permit, it doesnt mean that you, a MO resident, can legally carry with a FL permit.  just like if you were to move to a different state vs vacationing in a different state.  your drivers license is good fo vacation, but if you move, you have to change.  the same holds true for CCW permits many times
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:02:42 PM EDT
[#4]
You can apply for a non-resident FL permit through the mail. Missouri honors non-resident FL permits. People have also done this through Maine, Utah, etc.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:03:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I can carry in Vermont without any issues
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:04:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Check out the Missouri Hometown forum.  Used to be some threads on this in there.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:10:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Will do, thanks for the input!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:04:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Aside from the hometown forum, MOCARRY.com is an excellent site.  Several of the leading legal minds on Missouri weapons law post there from time to time.  An all around excellent forum for local CCW info.

As to your original question:  I would defenitely carry on an OOS permit if I was less than 23.  My nephew is doing this very thing at age 21.  I'm well over 23 but carry on a FL and PA permits so my local sherriff (who is anti-ccw)  doesn't see a dime more of my money than nessesary.  

The other OOS permit you should look  into is Utah.  As good/maybe better than a FL permit.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:11:04 PM EDT
[#9]
IIRC, many states don't let you carry with a non-resident CCW. However, I read on John Ross's website that the MO law was specifically written to allow you to carry with a non-resident permit so that you would have a simple remedy if your local sherrif was uncooperative. Make sure you check the law, though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top