Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/21/2006 7:57:32 PM EDT
I was in my local pawn shop/gunstore last night BSing with the owner when this fellow walks in with a heavy southern (I am think Tennessee) accent. He was bitching about not having money and how the "Gol Dern Republikuns" were screwing everyone over. HE brought in a old beat up fishing reel that the owner declined to pawn. His response to that was "Dammit, I jus' wanted to gets me some smokin' weed."

That added alot of weight to his rant about republicans.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:58:39 PM EDT
sounds quite paradoxial.....
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:58:48 PM EDT
Maybe he ment tobacco
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:01:48 PM EDT
Maybe he was talking about killing a fish named "Weed".............hence "smoking Weed".

You guys jump to conclusions too quickly.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:03:29 PM EDT

Originally Posted By LArifleMAN:
Maybe he ment tobacco

uh-huh

sure....

"tobacco".....
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:03:45 PM EDT
How much did he want for the pole?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:10:37 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Silesius:

apparently too much

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:25:42 AM EDT
[cartman] Drugs are bad because if you do drugs, you're a hippie......and hippies suck[/cartman]
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:16:34 AM EDT
"Smokin Weed" is an appalacian term for Tobacco, but its great that you guys immediately think a Liberal is a Marijuana smoker.

I am so glad I am a White Male Republican, all the stereotypes for me ARE true.....
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:07:08 AM EDT

Originally Posted By darwindog:
"Smokin Weed" is an appalacian term for Tobacco,

I honestly did not know that.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:11:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/22/2006 9:14:22 AM EDT by BigBang]

"Smokin Weed" is an appalacian term for Tobacco, but its great that you guys immediately think a Liberal is a Marijuana smoker.

I am so glad I am a White Male Republican, all the stereotypes for me ARE true.....

Kinda like "girlfriend" is the appalachian term for sister??
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:14:14 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Coop_K:

"Smokin Weed" is an appalacian term for Tobacco,

I honestly did not know that.

That is because he is full of CRAP! I come from a long line of hillbillies and hicks and I have never heard any of the call tobacco 'Smok'n weed'. Backer, Chaw, Smokes, Fags, Cigs, but never 'Smok'n weed'. If you were to talk to any backwater KY or TN type of person they would know exactly what your were talking about if you said 'Smok'n weed' and they would not be thinking cigarettes.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:17:01 AM EDT
My grand father used the "smoking weed" terminology. He smoked an old tobacco pipe until the day he died.

Not everyone is a hippie.

I kinda miss the sweet smell of the tobacco smoke.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:21:49 AM EDT
i just gotz mah smokign weed on homie. smoked 2 phat b0wlz g
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:25:46 AM EDT
How exactly does one from Tennessee sound? As aposed, to say ,someone from Arkansas ,Alabama,Mississippi,Georgia,etc etc.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:26:57 AM EDT

You mean "Po"....fishin' po....
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:27:18 AM EDT
Do you really think that a guy hocking his grandpappy's Zebco 33 at a pawn shop is looking to get a pack of smokes? Yeeaahh right.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:29:11 AM EDT
5/\/\0k1Ng \/\/33d i5 5up3r l337!!11!11
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:35:12 AM EDT
So you guys think that rednecks, hilljacks, and good ole' boys can't be dopers or Democrats? Where have you people been?

Hell, look at who's cooking 80% of the meth in this country.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:36:54 AM EDT
Break out Wesley Pipes!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:39:31 AM EDT

Originally Posted By falaholic1:
Break out Wesley Pipes!

or Billy Bong Thorton.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:40:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/22/2006 9:47:17 AM EDT by NoHarmNoFAL-01]
Fo Shizzle Yall!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:44:51 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 53vortec:
So you guys think that rednecks, hilljacks, and good ole' boys can't be dopers or Democrats? Where have you people been?

Hell, look at who's cooking 80% of the meth in this country.

It's a white, lower/middle-class drug, no matter how much some want to believe otherwise.

Some people just want to fight what is "known" so badly that every single stereotype must be wrong to them.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:48:04 AM EDT
Just let the good old boy smoke his weed. If you don't like the way he is living, just leave that long haired country boy alone.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:13:59 PM EDT

This is Alaska...pot is legal here, and he already had cigarettes.

Dude jus' wantud to git stooooooooooooned.

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:16:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By PinPointOne:
How exactly does one from Tennessee sound? As aposed, to say ,someone from Arkansas ,Alabama,Mississippi,Georgia,etc etc.

Kinda like a slow Ross Perot with a little less twang. Faster tempo than Georgia, less drawl than Texas. I deal with alot of tourists, you get a ear for these things.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:17:11 PM EDT

Originally Posted By yurigagarian:

You mean "Po"....fishin' po....

I said reel, not pole, looked like an old Penn Senator. Wasn't worth $10 or the effort to even pawn.

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:36:54 PM EDT
I would have taken the reel and told him to go back in the alley behind the store and pull up all the johnson and crab grass he wanted.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:42:10 PM EDT
Well, maybe he's NOT a hippie.
Can we then agree that he's a backwards hillbilly?

Either/Or
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:43:54 PM EDT
Everyone at my job smokes weed but me and two friends. When riding in a vehicle they start puffing... But they usually put cracks in the windows for us. Its a norm for me now to be smelling the smoke, after every day its easy to get used too.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:49:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ICEAGE:
Everyone at my job smokes weed but me and two friends. When riding in a vehicle they start puffing... But they usually put cracks in the windows for us. Its a norm for me now to be smelling the smoke, after every day its easy to get used too.

I'm now trying to figure out what job you have. Hmmmm...obviously you drive and you're not alone...fireman? Storm chaser? APC driver in the Jamaican army?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:52:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ICEAGE:

Its stupid to smoke pot and drive. Its even worse to smoke and leave the windows up. officer/ Can you roll that window down for me? /Officer
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:52:17 PM EDT

Maybe he should become a pole smoker.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:58:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By yekimak:
I was in my local pawn shop/gunstore last night BSing with the owner when this fellow walks in with a heavy southern (I am think Tennessee) accent. He was bitching about not having money and how the "Gol Dern Republikuns" were screwing everyone over. HE brought in a old beat up fishing reel that the owner declined to pawn. His response to that was "Dammit, I jus' wanted to gets me some smokin' weed."

That added alot of weight to his rant about republicans.

I'm guess this person doesn't think about tomorrow that often.
Top Top