Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:01:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't think anyone could read that story without thinking the exact thing I was thinking: That guy had some major balls!

Knowing I'd die... I'd likely try the same thing, but either way, that is hardcore bravery.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:26:27 AM EDT
[#2]
You know...I got a bit of a lump in my throat thinking about what MR. Harvey just did.  Jeebus.

We know he had a pair, already.  (5 kids)

Now we know this guy's a brave and selfless hero who is absolutley committed to protecting his family...at any cost.

MR. Harvey deserves an invitation to the next NRA National Convention to speak about what happened.

Congratulations, Sir, and Godspeed your recovery.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:34:13 AM EDT
[#3]
That kicks ass, especially that he killed one of the illegal aliens. Too bad the gun he grabbed from the scum fuck wasn't an AR15 with a fully loaded Beta mag, all the fucking scums would have been offed.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:35:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I always find it interesting too, that none of the ARFCOM illegal alien appologists (a we have a lot)never seem to show up on one of these types of threads.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:45:11 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
He should have just called 911.  

Sarcasm I hope.
Good shooting on his part.
Took some balls.

Sarcasm? He should've called 911! Then he shoud've lay down and let those fucking scumbag punks kill him, rape his wife, and murder his kids!

Or at least that's how Schumer, Feinstein, Kennedy, Kerry, and Brady, among others, want it to go down!

To hell with the dead guy, one less stain on the table cloth of society, and fuck the accomplices who got away.  

Talk about screwing with the wrong guy.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:50:21 AM EDT
[#6]
That was indeed a miracle!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:55:46 AM EDT
[#7]
"They came out spraying bullets at me," he said. "I wasn't trying to dodge the bullets. I was walking right up to the men to shoot them because I thought I was gonna be killed"

Thats powerful stuff, Excellent job Mr.Harvey.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:12:01 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I always find it interesting too, that none of the ARFCOM illegal alien appologists (a we have a lot)never seem to show up on one of these types of threads.

While we're at it...  I kinds wonder if on some anti-gun board someone isn't asking where all of the "gun" apologists are after such an obvious example of the need to ban guns?

A person's ability to rationalize his pre-existing perceptions is quite amazing.

I have NEVER seen anyone supportive of criminals and murderers on this board.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:22:55 AM EDT
[#9]
this is what's most dysfunctional about gun control legislation....

criminals DON'T CARE about gun laws....it ONLY AFFECTS THE LAW ABIDING CITIZENS...

I swear....America will one day implode.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:23:25 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sarcasm I hope.
Good Crappy shooting on his part.
Took some balls.

He only hit 2 of them?  

Nah, good shooting.

Hit 2 while under fire with an unfamiliar weapon.

Not only that, for all we know, this guy's never fired a gun before in his life. He grabs some scumbag's gun, probably a piece of crap, and hits two scumbags, killing one and driving the rest away, all while under fire, and lives to tell about it. That's damm good work in my book.

And to add that the guy was hit three times.  Now I've never been shot but I would think that getting shot three times would throw off your aim a little.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:25:05 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sarcasm I hope.
Took some balls.

He only hit 2 of them?  

Nah, good shooting.

Not only that, for all we know, this guy's never fired a gun before in his life. He grabs some scumbag's gun, probably a piece of crap, and hits two scumbags, killing one and driving the rest away, all while under fire, and lives to tell about it. That's damm good work in my book.

Hell yeah it is. Kudos to this dude.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:26:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Well done Mr. Harvey!  What a set!  

I gotta tell you...if four guys show up at my door...for whatever the reason, my antennae are going to be quivering like a sailor in a cathouse after a long cruise!  I'm answering with weapons ready and prepared to do battle.

Too trusting.  Guess it goes with his biz though...
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:36:25 AM EDT
[#13]
The man knew they were probably going to kill him, and his wife and children were all directly threatened.

Without hope for his life and his family threatened, the man was left with only one logical course of action:  Die fighting to save one's family.

I'm glad the Lord blessed this man to live through this.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:47:57 AM EDT
[#14]
I had read that they were investigating to see if there would be any charges against Harvey.

A pox on them for even thinking about bringing any charges.  What the hell are they thinking?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:14:38 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I had read that they were investigating to see if there would be any charges against Harvey.

A pox on them for even thinking about bringing any charges.  What the hell are they thinking?

Any time you have a dead body lying on your living room floor, there is going to be an investigation to make sure things went down how the guy said they went down.  

Think about it.  Say you and I knew each other and you owed me money but weren't paying up.  I invite you over to my house with plans do kill you for not paying.  You show up, I shoot you and plant a knife or if you are carrying, pull your gun out and drop it near by.  Cops come out I tell them you forced your way in so I defended myself.  Now... would you want the police to say "Oh.  Ok.  The coronor will be here to collect the body.  Have a good day sir."  or would you want them to investigate what went down and then find out that infact you and I were aquaintences and you owed me money and take me in for murder?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:19:11 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any time you have a dead body lying on your living room floor, there is going to be an investigation.

Officer: "How many times did you shoot the suspect?"

Homeowner: "As many times as I could.  I don't get to do this very often."
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:29:37 AM EDT
[#17]
This country needs more people like him.

As far as the WIA criminal, I hope it takes him 6 months to die, and it is painful.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:40:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Reminds me of an old news story about a similar situation. Guy and his friends were leaving a theater late at night and got a flat tire. A car full of gang members pulled over, asked if they needed any help, then pulled guns and told them to hand over their money. A couple of them grabbed the girls in the group and started hauling them to their car (for what, I don't think anyone has to guess). The gangbanger guarding the men asked what he was supposed to do with them and was told to "do them".

So the guy, figuring he's dead anyway, jumped the gangbanger before he could shoot him and wrestled the gun away. His buddies joined the action and started beating on the scumbag while he picked up the gun and started walking towards the rest of the gang members. They opened fire and hit him several times. He just kept walking forward and took his time to make sure every one of his shots hit. Except for the guy his friends beat unconscious, he killed every single one of them. Hit after hit, and he kept coming until he made sure they were all dead. He was DOA when the paramedics arrived, but he lasted long enough to explain his reasoning to one of his friends before bleeding out.

That guy deserved a fricking medal in my book, and so does this guy.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:51:32 AM EDT
[#19]
BIG FUCKIN' BRASS BALLS. A true man.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:38:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Really boils my blood when we have stories like this and asshats still will say nobody needs a gun
Better to go down fighting than die on your knees
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:52:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Another sheeple turned wolf. Maybe now he'll buy a gun to defend his family rather than believing the "It will never happen to us" mantra. That said, I'll give him credit as he has one set of balls.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:07:48 AM EDT
[#22]
When a reported ask Mr Harvey what he was going to do after all this was over he said

" I'll just walk the earth. "

The reported replied " What'cha mean walk the earth?

Mr Harvey :You know, walk the earth, meet people..Ship stuff ... get into adventures. Like Caine from "Kung Fu."

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:11:13 AM EDT
[#23]
There ought to be a small NRA fund, wouldn't have to be much, where people like this who don't typically use guns but manage to haul their asses out of the fire are given a 1911 or something and a training class if they want it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:52:42 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

America IS imploding... but like the brightest of stars, it takes a long to fully collapse inward and die off. But make no mistake, as all great civilizations have before it, this one too is dying off.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:50:05 AM EDT
[#25]
bump
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:26:12 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
There is a man worthy of respect.  

Who wants to pitch in and get him a gun?

I'm in.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:34:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Chuck Norris in disguise....
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:37:00 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
this is what's most dysfunctional about gun control legislation....

criminals DON'T CARE about gun laws....it ONLY AFFECTS THE LAW ABIDING CITIZENS...

I have said it many times to people I know...........gun control laws only affect people who aren't the fucking problem to begin with!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:06:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Shouldn't the corpse be put in one of those Honduras-bound boxes ?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:19:57 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
There is a man worthy of respect.  

Who wants to pitch in and get him a gun?

I'm in.

+1

He must have Bowling Balls in his pants.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:33:52 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

While we're at it...  I kinds wonder if on some anti-gun board someone isn't asking where all of the "gun" apologists are after such an obvious example of the need to ban guns?

A person's ability to rationalize his pre-existing perceptions is quite amazing.

ILLEGAL alien
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:44:04 AM EDT
[#32]
I only hope that given the same set of circumstances I do as well as he did.  My respect sir and best wishes for you and your family.  If he works with the Honduran community a lot they will help find the other perps.

For him not to be armed against 4 armed men and then to have been shot three times this guy is the real deal.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:53:30 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sarcasm I hope.
Took some balls.

He only hit 2 of them?  

Nah, good shooting.

Yeah Yeah that all makes sense but you can't argue with the ARF armchair commandos
Which about 25% of them would have had a heart attack from the shock of it all
Followed by 25% that become winded when wrestling for anything other than a sandwich
Followed by 25% that would only be able to engage the enemy after getting into their tactical gear
Followed by the remaining 25% who actually have the sand to actually do something
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:01:19 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sarcasm I hope.
Took some balls.

He only hit 2 of them?  

Nah, good shooting.

Come to think of it this guy is like Domino`s he delivered

Yeah Yeah that all makes sense but you can't argue with the ARF armchair commandos
Which about 25% of them would have had a heart attack from the shock of it all
Followed by 25% that become winded when wrestling for anything other than a sandwich
Followed by 25% that would only be able to engage the enemy after getting into their tactical gear
Followed by the remaining 25% who actually have the sand to actually do something

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:13:25 AM EDT
[#35]
This man is my fucking hero.

God bless him and his family.

Arfcom donation fund to buy him a pistol???
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:17:15 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ILLEGAL alien

Maybe (no evidence of that except in your mind) - and probably illegal guns, definitely illegally used.  Just as an anti-gunner sees a new gun law as the solution, you choose to blame immigration policy.  Neither one of you are willing to blame the actual perpetrator.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:24:45 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ILLEGAL alien

Maybe (no evidence of that except in your mind) - and probably illegal guns, definitely illegally used.  Just as an anti-gunner sees a new gun law as the solution, you choose to blame immigration policy.  Neither one of you are willing to blame the actual perpetrator.

Actually I was not asserting that these guys were illegal. i highlighted some of your post to help you see my point. I should also point out that around where I live 25% of our jail houses illegal aliens. None of them are there for immigration issues. So you tell me how likely it is that they are illegal?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:33:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:42:08 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ILLEGAL alien

Actually I was not asserting that these guys were illegal. i highlighted some of your post to help you see my point. I should also point out that around where I live 25% of our jail houses illegal aliens. None of them are there for immigration issues. So you tell me how likely it is that they are illegal?

If you read those posts again, you would see that one person asked where the illegal alien apologists were.  Even if these people were found to be illegal (and there was nothin in the story to indicate that, hence my initial response), ths fact remains that nobody has been an aplogist for the crimes that were attempted.

As for your stat - sounds like a 75% chance the perps were gen-u-wine Americans.

The same folks wanting to buy this guy a gun would probably assume he was an illegal alien, criminal, and drug-runner if they met him in public - or saw him at Burlington Coat Factory.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:03:11 AM EDT
[#40]
That's why so many trainers (i.e., Jeff Carpenter from Tactical Response) advocate the use of high capacity 9mm's, such as a G17 or G19.  In that situation, it would be better to have 17 rounds of 9mm than 7 rounds of .45 ACP.  To paraphrase Jeff Carpenter, I have not seen a gunfight that would have ended differently had a larger caliber been used.

The difference beteween a .45 ACP and 9mm in rgerds to terminal ballistics is somehwat negligible.  Therefore, I concur with Jeff Carpenter that having over twice the magazine capacity [in 9mm] outweighs any terminal ballistics advantages offered by a lesser capacity .45 ACP.

Just my two cents.

Justin
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:09:24 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
That's why so many trainers (i.e., Jeff Carpenter from Tactical Response) advocate the use of high capacity 9mm's, such as a G17 or G19.  In that situation, it would be better to have 17 rounds of 9mm than 7 rounds of .45 ACP.  To paraphrase Jeff Carpenter, I have not seen a gunfight that would have ended differently had a larger caliber been used.

The difference beteween a .45 ACP and 9mm in rgerds to terminal ballistics is somehwat negligible.  Therefore, I concur with Jeff Carpenter that having over twice the magazine capacity [in 9mm] outweighs any terminal ballistics advantages offered by a lesser capacity .45 ACP.

Just my two cents.

Justin

So now we get to choose what the perp brings to the guns fight so we can take it away from him?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:22:34 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just my two cents.

Justin

So now we get to choose what the perp brings to the guns fight so we can take it away from him?

No; I wasn;t necessarily referring to the individual in this case.  It was just some food for thought when selecting a home defense or concealed carry weapon.

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:12:27 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Just my two cents.

Justin

I have 12 rounds per mag in my USP .45.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:55:02 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

'I ... have no remorse now for killing a man'

Bill Harvey can't explain why he's alive to tell how he wrestled a gun from a robber, shot the man and then survived a barrage of bullets from the suspect's three accomplices.

The violent scene unfolded about 6 p.m. Saturday inside Harvey's west Houston home in the 2200 block of Woodland Park Drive while his wife and five children watched.

"I don't know what to think," Harvey, 34, said Sunday. "I absolutely have no remorse now for killing a man, and I'm trying to figure out if that's right or wrong."

Police said Harvey would not face criminal charges. He was shot in the neck, side and lower back. The wound to his neck barely missed his carotid artery.

The name of the intruder Harvey shot has not been confirmed. He wasn't carrying any identification but investigators said they found an electronic hotel door key in his pocket.

"We're trying to see who he might have been with," said Houston Police Sgt. J.T. Wyers.

Harvey gave this account of the night of the gunfight:

The men showed up at his house posing as customers to the family's shipping business, which transports goods to Honduras. Hondurans living in Houston often use the service to send goods back to family and friends, Harvey said.

Demanded money -

Before the men arrived at his home, someone called Harvey to ask if he had any shipping boxes. Though an unusual request on a Saturday, Harvey told the caller he had some at his home.

Four Spanish-speaking men seeking boxes arrived outside Harvey's home about 15 minutes later. While showing the men boxes in his garage, they pulled out guns and ordered Harvey and his wife to give them money. Inside, the men rounded up the couple's five children in the living room and stood guard over them.

The men repeatedly pointed their weapons at the heads of family members as they demanded money. One man vaguely threatened Harvey by telling him not to worry because he would be sleeping after they left.

"I knew he was going to kill me," Harvey said.

As one man stood guard over Harvey in the kitchen, another took his wife into another room to seek her jewelry.

"After they took my wife I knew I had to do something," he said. "I felt I had to react."

He wrestled the gun out of his captor's hands then shot him dead before the other three men ran back toward the kitchen. A shootout followed as the men fired their weapons at Harvey. He was struck three times as he returned fire until emptying the gun in his hand. His wife and children were unharmed.

"They came out spraying bullets at me," he said. "I wasn't trying to dodge the bullets. I was walking right up to the men to shoot them because I thought I was gonna be killed."

Description of car -

After Harvey left the hospital Sunday, he and his family returned home to gather some belongings before spending the night with family members. Crime scene investigators marked 21 bullet holes and casings.

"It was a miracle to walk in that house and see all those bullets," Harvey said. "I don't know how my family wasn't grazed and I didn't get hit more than three times."

Police believe at least one of the other men was shot before they fled the home in a late-model gray or silver Honda Accord with temporary license plates.

Harvey's wife later told police she thought the intruders might be from Honduras. "They all spoke Spanish — she thought it was a Honduran accent," Wyers said.

Although the investigation into the armed robbery is continuing, Wyers said police believe Harvey's account.

"They came out spraying bullets at me... I wasn't trying to dodge the bullets... It was a miracle to walk in that house and see all those bullets," Harvey said. "I don't know how my family wasn't grazed and I didn't get hit more than three times."

[Jules]

We should be fuckin' dead, my friend. What happened here was a miracle, and I want you to fuckin' acknowledge it.

[/Jules]

Screw remorse.  Too bad he didn't have an AR with a useless Beta-C laying around.  All 4 of them scumbags needed their birth certificates revoked.  Somebody screws with you and your family like that,  then they need field dressed and sent to their maker for final disposition.  Screw remorse.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:04:44 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just my two cents.

Justin

No; I wasn;t necessarily referring to the individual in this case.  It was just some food for thought when selecting a home defense or concealed carry weapon.

Thanks, I see what you mean.  I am not sure they would have left if he had not run at them.  Not the best tactical thing to do but he thought he was dead anyway.  No training but the right mind set to win carried him through.  Talk about four surprised perps.  I can imagine the 3 who lived later saying "I thought he was a sheep"?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:21:06 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I wonder if Bill Harvey's real name is Joey Cusack?

I don't know, but I'm sure he would decline it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:28:27 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
This man is my fucking hero.

God bless him and his family.

Arfcom donation fund to buy him a pistol???

He owns a shipping business, if he has any sense he wll go out and buy a dozen weapons today.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:14:30 AM EDT
[#48]
+ 1 for "TCB"

They sound like "MS 13" a very, very  hard core gang from Honduras. they are now making it into the us tocontrol the drug trade and have no problem shooing cops or civilians.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:32:07 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
+ 1 for "TCB"

They sound like "MS 13" a very, very  hard core gang from Honduras. they are now making it into the us tocontrol the drug trade and have no problem shooing cops or civilians.

Its MS12 now.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:23:26 AM EDT
[#50]
There are a lot of posts wondering why he didn't have his own gun, here are some possibilities:

Maybe he is not legally able to own guns.

Another possibility is that he has five kids, so having loaded firearms stashed around the house would not be a good idea.

I have several loaded firearms upstairs and downstairs in my house but unfortunately I have a four year old that gets into everything so they have to be locked up. I have a few handguns in a quick access electronic safe but they are useless if I can't get to them.

I know you will tell me that I should have one on my person at all times but this is not always possible. The company I work for does not allow weapons of any type. Even if it is locked in your car. If caught with one, I would be fired on the spot no questions asked. So I cannot be armed on the way to and from work. Also having an unlocked gun nearby when I sleep is not an option because my son frequently gets up before us and he could get his hands on it. I just have to hope if someone breaks in my house at night our dog will give us enough of a warning so that I can get to the safe in time.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top