User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2006 7:35:35 PM EDT
This story freaks me the hell out!
-----------------------------------------------------------
]www.kcal9.com]
Mar 21, 2006 3:58 pm US/Pacific

Carjacked Man Put In Trunk, Doused With Gasoline
Save It  Email It  Print It
(CBS) POMONA, Calif. A carjacking victim was found Tuesday in the trunk of his car, where he was left by three suspects who robbed him before trying unsuccessfully to burn the sedan with him inside, Pomona police said.

The unidentified Fontana resident was targeted about 11 Monday night, when he stopped for a red light on Phillips Ranch Road approaching the on-ramp to the Pomona (60) Freeway, said Pomona police Cpl. Paul Capraro.

A suspect climbed into the victim's 2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo through an unlocked passenger door and pointed a handgun at him, Capraro said.

He ordered the man to drive to a secluded area near the entrance to Diamond Ranch High School, where two other suspects were waiting, corporal said.

The three men, dressed in dark clothing and ski masks, robbed the motorist of currency and other items in the car before ordering him into the trunk and dousing him with gasoline, Capraro said.

When they couldn't find a way to ignite the gasoline, they locked him in the trunk and fled, police said.

About 5 Tuesday morning, a Pomona school district employee patrolling the area found the victim's vehicle and called police, who found the man in the trunk.

The victim was treated by paramedics and taken to a hospital for treatment of what were described as minor injuries.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:38:30 PM EDT
[#1]
wtf?

all modern cars built within the last 10 years or so are supposed to have a pull handle (usually glow in the dark) inside the trunk which is a trunk release in case a child (or in this instance an adult) accidently gets locked in there.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:39:19 PM EDT
[#2]
that guy is a fucking idiot.  i own a 02 Monte Carlo and have seen many others of that style.  They ALL have a big-as-all-shit glow in the dark emergency trunk release.

if that guy died, it would have been natural selection
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:39:36 PM EDT
[#3]
SKS
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:40:27 PM EDT
[#4]
If you are covered in gasoline and in a car trunk do not fire a weapon. Bad things will happen.

ETA: That guy is an idiot for ending up there in the first place.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:43:27 PM EDT
[#5]
No trunk in my car.
I do have a couple "improvised" weapons in the back seat of my truck, Spetnatz(sp?) survival tool, mag-lite flashlight, and a H&K P7.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:50:08 PM EDT
[#6]
One of us(the attacker or myself) will be dead long before the trunk becomes an option.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:50:43 PM EDT
[#7]
if you put a weapon in your trunk, tape a pair of earplugs to it.  you're going to need 'em.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:54:37 PM EDT
[#8]
i thinkt he best way to look at this is if you carry a weapon on you (CCW) why would you ever worry about onein your trunk? what good would it do if you already have one on you

and most of us carry two concealed weapons, one on the waist, and a pocket bug,

i wouldnt worrya bout keeping 10 firearms stashed in different places of you car just carry one on you that way if you are under you hood fixing the bcar, you have one, if you somehow get put in a truck wait to you stop moving pull the trunk handle and shoot the bastards

anyways just my .02 cents
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:01:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Holy fucking crap.

I was just having an arguement on anonther board with a huge pussy hippie granola after posting a link to the story about the old guy who shot the punk in the Stop-n-Rob in Tulsa.

"Time to just ban guns....no one ever needs a handgun...so the solution to violence was more violence..."

Please, Darwin, take them away!!!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:02:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Norinco SKS and a S&W 65 .357 mag.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:04:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:05:15 PM EDT
[#12]
SUV here so no trunk.  No way in hell I would go consciously into someone else's though.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:08:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Wrangler here, so there's no trunk.  Besides, mine's on me all the time.

HH
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:09:47 PM EDT
[#14]
But if your car is stolen, now you have further armed the criminal element.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:15:10 PM EDT
[#15]
I think they'd notice the Yugo SKS in the trunk.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top