Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 3/21/2006 2:46:00 PM EDT
Basic Background:

She and I are both 36, have known each other 17 years, still good friends. She lives in NYC, makes over 150K per year, owns her own apartment, well invested portfolio. She is gearing up to make a withdrawl from the sperm bank so she can have the baby she wants, her clock is ticking.
She askes me to be the donor, as I am good breeding stock.

While I will no doubt be a figure in her child's life, what if that child is half from me?
Neither of us have any desire for marriage, it would actually destroy our relationship, we know this.

What would you do?

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:49:59 PM EDT
[#1]
RUN AWAY!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:50:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
RUN AWAY!

Really FAST!!!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:51:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Wouldn't it be more fun to do it the old fashioned way?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:51:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Basic Background:

She and I are both 36, have known each other 17 years, still good friends. She lives in NYC, makes over 150K per year, owns her own apartment, well invested portfolio. She is gearing up to make a withdrawl from the sperm bank so she can have the baby she wants, her clock is ticking.

While I will no doubt be a figure in her child's life, what if that child is half from me?
Neither of us have any desire for marriage, it would actually destroy our relationship, we know this.

What would you do?

So in other words , Intelligence is not one of her deciding criteria?

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:51:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:52:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Not just no, but FUCK NO!

You would have tons of emotional and, most probably, financial baggage that would follow you around till you died.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:52:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Sell it to her!

Or make sure you get to deliver it personally.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:52:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Do you have children?

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:54:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:54:47 PM EDT
[#10]
If you do, there is a chance (which has, I believe, been decided in court) that she can require you to pay child support, since it's your child. This is how the world is going.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:55:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Take a styrofoam cup and go to the bathroom, and give it to her when you're done.......Here ya go
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:56:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Make a deposit the natural way!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:57:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Lets see, there was a court case recently where a couple lesbians sued an anonymous sperm donor for child support and won, so I'd guess that voluntary sperm donation would seal your doom. Get ready to pay for a kid and part of the mothers expenses for the next 18 years.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:57:53 PM EDT
[#14]
do it...make it all legal just like it was from a bank....excpet make the deposit yourself.

seriously though, you must make peace with the moral repurcusions of fathering a child. even if you arent in its life youll know it in your soul.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:59:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Get the "snip" and then bang it like screen door in a hurricane in "attempts" to get preggers.  

..........and then post pictures.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:59:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Run Forest, run.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:00:10 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
RUN AWAY!

Really FAST!!!

now!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:01:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Oh hell no.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:01:37 PM EDT
[#19]
... Play doctor - tell her to say "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh"
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:02:05 PM EDT
[#20]
So let me get this straight.  You two dont want to be in a relationship together but she wants to have your baby.
That's just not right.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:02:11 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Make a deposit the natural way!

+1, but don't cut the middle man out.
Have a friend of hers give you a BJ and then have her go down on your ex while you watch.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:02:24 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I am good breeding $tock.

You will become an open check book & easy money for your lawyer over the next 20+ years.

<PAGING> Rodent chime in here pal, this guy needs a wake up call.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:03:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Put it in her hair.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:03:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:07:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Dude do not bring a kid into that liberal craphole NY. Besides the kid would be growing up without his real dad.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:08:36 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Lets see, there was a court case recently where a couple lesbians sued an anonymous sperm donor for child support and won, so I'd guess that voluntary sperm donation would seal your doom. Get ready to pay for a kid and part of the mothers expenses for the next 18 years.

that was in ENgland I believe but its a major point if your are in his life
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:09:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:09:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Tell her "Earn This"
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:09:18 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
If you do, there is a chance (which has, I believe, been decided in court) that she can require you to pay child support, since it's your child. This is how the world is going.

That's what I was thinking.  I don't think this is such a good idea.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:12:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Pearl Necklace is what I would give her.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:12:20 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I would never father a child with a woman who doesn't understand--or care about--the role of a father in a child's life.  Very sad she is--her child will be just another adornment to satisfy her selfish desires.  

She may very well understand it, but just can't find a decent guy in NYC.  Her clock is ticking, and maybe she feels it would be better to find a father later than to marry a loser just to make a baby before it is too late.

Personally, I wouldn't do it, but I can empathize with her situation.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:15:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:17:24 PM EDT
[#33]
you can be liable for child support. It really is a trap!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:17:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:17:42 PM EDT
[#35]
HELL NO!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:20:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Do you really need to ask?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:21:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Tons of excellent advice in this thread..............DO NOT DO IT!!!!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:22:15 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I would never father a child with a woman who doesn't understand--or care about--the role of a father in a child's life.  Very sad she is--her child will be just another adornment to satisfy her selfish desires.  

She may very well understand it, but just can't find a decent guy in NYC.  Her clock is ticking, and maybe she feels it would be better to find a father later than to marry a loser just to make a baby before it is too late.

There's what--five million people in NYC??  I can't imagine there's not ONE "decent guy" for her.  

I've been to New York, and finding the dozen or so decent people out of millions could be tough.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:23:11 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I've read that too.  I think it was in Europe, but still.....
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:23:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Agree to do it, but only the old fashioned way. Secretly get a vasectomy. Make her come down to visit you to collect on her sperm. Be confused when she doesn't get pregnant.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:24:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Is she a feminist?  It sounds like she doesn't want to do things the "old fashioned way".  After all, men are not necessary in a relationship, or for raising children....

Admiral Ackbar is right about this one:

Don't do it!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:27:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Tell her to go screw herself ,   oh.....wait , that is what she's going to do.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:28:18 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then she should move from NYC if it is that important to her and she can't find a decent guy.

I have to agree with TBK1 on this one. Seems selfish and she seems to make no attempt to better her situation.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:29:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Possible financial liability in the future, potential emotional issues [what if she told "whatever" that you were the papa.] Think about hoe you would feel if you know it was your child and you thought they were being raised wrong. What if something happened to the mother?

Sorry, there are reasons that "this" is supposed to be anonymous. Besides, hopefully you think more of yourself then a bull being used as a stud. MMMOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Actually, I would be quite offended by some chick asking me to do this.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:30:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Aww sweetie,

At least you're checking with others and their advice/opinions.

Granted, I don't know much about this woman except for what you posted with she makes a lot of money, etc.

Thing is, if she is a career woman, single, it is even harder raising a child. I agree with another poster here that her clock is ticking and she wants to get preg.
Problem is though, it doesn't seem like she even has time to go out on dates, or even spend money on a dating service to meet more men. How in the world is she going to find time to raise a child properly?
I'm not saying that single career women can't raise a child, they can, but it is awfully hard.
Children need parents.
She sounds like she has some serious relationship issues. This is only a guess due to what you have posted so far.
You two are friends, are close, but there is no way the two of you would work out.
So, there must be things you see with your friend here?

Aside from all of this, the world has enough one parent families.
One day you will probably be married and have your own family raised in a home with 2 parents.
It is how it should be.

Also, what about when she wants another one? You going to "rise" to the occasion for that child as well? There is still a responsibility on your part in the care and upbringing of this child.

Good luck to you..
and I am with the others
 RUUUUUUUUNNNNnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:30:29 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Take a styrofoam cup and go to the bathroom, and give it to her when you're done.......Here ya go

Quoted:
Get the "snip" and then bang it like screen door in a hurricane in "attempts" to get preggers.  

..........and then post pictures.

Quoted:
... Play doctor - tell her to say "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Quoted:
Put it in her hair.

Quoted:
Pearl Necklace is what I would give her.
diamonds.bluenile.com/ap/neck/PN47701600_cat.jpg

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:32:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:33:40 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Basic Background:

What would you do?

Your sperm...your kid...one-half your responsibility until he/she's 18.  Do you REALLY want this type of arrangement?

HH
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:36:34 PM EDT
[#49]
only if she lets you PIITB
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:37:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top