Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/21/2006 12:12:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/29/2006 2:39:33 PM EDT by rob78]
you can find this at the bottom of this page

70 lumens, 180 minutes run time, comes with a spare bulb, spare battery, holster, and clip for 34.95

I picked up two (birthday gifts for friends) as it appears to be a good deal.

Anybody had any experience with these?

I own a couple surefires, but these two are for buddies not best friends.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:13:41 PM EDT
let me know how that works out for you. i want a good small flashlight, but don't want to shell out $50+ for a surefire
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:15:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Napoleon_Tanerite:
let me know how that works out for you. i want a good small flashlight, but don't want to shell out $50+ for a surefire

I'm a firm believer in "you get what you pay for" but there is a slight chance that this is a quality product that doesn't have the right "name".

Buy a Surefire, I own an A2 (red) and an E2...wouldn't have anything else.

If you still don't want a Surefire...I'll let you know how these work out.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:17:59 PM EDT
tag for review?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:24:51 PM EDT
I bought two of the "police" flashlights off of lighthound on ebay.

They were intended to be gifts but the damned things work too well to give away.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:25:19 PM EDT
I went to their website and they have a pretty extensive selection. Some of their flashlights are digitally regulated (longer run-times) although this comes with a commensurate price increase (a la Surefire).

I'll keep you informed as it appears no one else has used these before...
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:26:44 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:33:20 PM EDT
I bought a few of these last spring when they came out and they gave out the discount here. I bought them as a cheaper substitute for a G2. They work decent. Not quite as good beam quality as Surefire, but at half the cost and an aluminum body, I am not complaining. I gave them to my brother, father, brother in law too, no problems yet.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:12:19 PM EDT
I've got 2 of the 125 lumen with Li-Po battery.

Holeee crap! That thing is bright!

I mounted one to my AR to shoot at the range and see if I could break it.
Shot about 500 rds w/ no apparent ill effect to the light.

They are a great deal for the money IMHO. I first bought one at a gun show because they
impressed me enough. They are constantly improving their stuff.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:39:16 PM EDT
For those that are curious,
I received my flashlight from DigiLight today...

I ordered 2 of model # 1000XB-AE 6V Xenon Tactical Flashlight.
The flashlight ships with: Waterproof spare battery and buld case, adjustable lanyard, spare 6V Xenon bulb, nylon carrying case with pocket for the "spares" case, removable steel pocket clip, 2 rubber grip/insulator sleeves (one long and textured, the other short-I suppose to allow room for a mount for picatinny rails). A five year limited warranty is included.

The outward quality appears good (anodized aluminum case, o ring seals, fairly heavy gauge aluminum walls).

The light advertises 70 lumens w/ a 70 minute continuous run time.

What I found, performance-wise, was that the light was bright yet not as focused as my Surefire (A2 used as comparison). A slight turn of the forward assembly (think Mag Light) focused the light a bit resulting in a tighter central beam with enough outer "aura" so that objects on the fringe of the beam could still be identified.

From ten feet away, pointed at a wall in the house, the entire beam appeared to be about 10 feet in diameter, with a centrally focused bright spot.

I ordered 2 of these from Dillon Precision and paid (including shipping- Fed-Ex ground std.) $79.89.

You can order this same model from Digi-Light's website for about $26 not including shipping. When I went to order them from the site they were backordered and I'm impatient so I coughed up the extra 10 bucks.

Several spare flashlights around the house is not a bad thing to have. For the money this particular model from DigiLight is a bargain and certainly worthy of consideration for those of you who need a spare or two.

Mine is going in the jeep, along with my larger maglight. The other is going to a friend for his birthday.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:54:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Napoleon_Tanerite:

Brinkmann Maxfire LX. $19.95 at Wally World, including the batteries.

As bright as a G2. Good reports on ruggedness.

aa
Top Top