Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2006 9:08:54 AM EDT
I just needed a driving record report (took about 3 minutes once I got up there), but it took over three hours because of all of the non-english speaking mother fuckers that couldn't understand the simple phrase "take a number".

To top it off...the location that I went too doesn't even do the drivers test.

Gotta love it  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:19:26 AM EDT
[#1]
DMV = Freak Show!

Its even worse than going to Walmart
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:25:50 AM EDT
[#2]
In the people's republick of Kalifornia one can take one's drivers license test in any of 65 languages.  And yes English is still among them -- at least for now.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:29:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Cultural Diversity  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:32:36 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I just needed a driving record report (took about 3 minutes once I got up there), but it took over three hours because of all of the non-english speaking mother fuckers that couldn't understand the simple phrase "take a number".

To top it off...the location that I went too doesn't even do the drivers test.

Gotta love it  

If non of them knew how to take a number, then you should have been the first one in line.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:32:46 AM EDT
[#5]
There's a Wal-Mart in Plano, Texas, on Central Expressway.

The formerly Ex-Miz Hun and I call it the 'International Wal-Mart.'

Dipshiites walking around as if it were some bizarre bazaar in fricking Marrakech.

The smell of patchouli oil and everything unholy wafting through the checkout lines.

I tell the Ex-Miz that sometimes I feel like walking up to one of these international types and asking if he knows what time it is, and before he answers, holler at him....

'It's the fricking 21st Century, Hadji!'

But she always dissuades me of doing so.

Eric The(Still.....)Hun
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:33:37 AM EDT
[#6]
It's the Ellis Island of the 21st century.

English is in fact the second language at my state's DMV.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:42:58 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Dipshiites walking around as if it were some bizarre bazaar in fricking Marrakech.

The smell of patchouli oil and everything unholy wafting through the checkout lines.

I tell the Ex-Miz that sometimes I feel like walking up to one of these international types and asking if he knows what time it is, and before he answers, holler at him....

Eric The(Still.....)Hun

Yeah I know what your saying.I feel like there should be some one at the door  throwing that white De-Lousing powder  on me as I leave so I dont bring those peoples Cooties home
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:53:12 AM EDT
[#8]
I sat in the DMV for my last renewal and watched an elderly man walk up to renew his. This guy was probably in his late 70's or early 80's and very feeble.

He barely got to the counter with the help of some woman that I assume is his daughter.  They go through the paperwork at the counter and the clerk says "Sir, I need you to do this eye test. Please put your head against this and tell me what you see."  She stands there and he does not respond.  She says again "Sir, put your head here" as she is patting the vision test machine.  He still did not respond.  Finally the daughter getting concerned grabs him and shoves his head to the machine.  

He stands there and the woman asks 3-4 times what he sees...  He can barely read the first few lines and he completely blows the peripheral vision blinking lights test.

Now we established in the begining that this guy has no hearing as the DMV clerk had to repeat everything she said.  I was accross the room and could hear her.  He also clearly failed the vision test. But the scary part.  THEY GAVE HIM A FREAKING LICENSE.  I watched them take his photo and hand him his new one.  No, this was not an ID card.  There is no requirement for a vision test for the ID card.

When my grandfather or parents get to that stage, I am taking the keys, the license, and yes even the car.  I will not stand back and watch them kill someone on the highway.

oh, and look at that... that was my post #223

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:58:19 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
DMV = Freak Show!

My brother and I are firm believers of if you're feeling bad about yourself, just go to walmart..you'll find at least 15 people or so that are worse off than you. Might have to try the dmv next time.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:02:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:03:13 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Eric The(Still.....)Hun

I like patchouli oil.

It gives away their positions.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:04:01 AM EDT
[#12]
try the social security office
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:17:57 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
DMV = Freak Show!

I used to work across the street from the DMV in San Jose off Santa Theresa Blvd..  More fights broke out there than any of the local bars.  Saw a riot on my lunch break, one crazy bastard was swinging a set of jumper cable like they were nunchucks.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:21:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Try going to the DMV in Redwood City, Ca.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:28:42 AM EDT
[#15]
The last time i went to the DMV was about ten years ago. I had my children with me. The conversation went like this:

Me: Kids, look around you. What do you see?
Kids: Knuckleheads daddy.
Me: Why are they knuckleheads?
Kids: Because they don't have an appointment daddy.
Me: What did we do before we came to the DMV kids?
Kids: We made an appointment daddy.
Me: That is why we will be leaving as soon as the nice person is done processing our paperwork.

I made it in and out in less than 15 minutes. YMMV
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:34:00 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
..., one crazy bastard was swinging a set of jumper cable like they were nunchucks.

Schweet!!!!!  

can't y'all renew online ?????
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:36:29 AM EDT
[#17]
I hate DMV
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:38:34 AM EDT
[#18]
I fianlly had to go after 10 years just to get a new pic for my CDL. What a nuthouse. It was always crusty (Concord, CA), but it's even worse today. Actually, it's organized well and looks okay inside, but it's like a 3rd world country.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:31:45 PM EDT
[#19]
I used to work at dmv, the stories I could tell....

USNDOC's story  reminds me of a customer I had once.  Old man and old lady come to the counter, old lady needs to renew her license.

Everything is fine, until the dreaded vision test.

Me: put your head against the pad of the viewer and read me the 3rd line
she puts her head against the pad of the viewer, and then looks back at me
Her: there's nothing there, young man.
I check the machine and it is working correctly.
Me: try again please
Her: no, there is nothing there
At this point, the husband says, "try your other glasses", so she opens her purse and puts on a different pair of glasses, and tries again.
Her: There's nothing there! We're not communicating young man!
The husband gets exhasperated and says, "try your OTHER glasses", at which point she pulls like 6 PAIRS OF GLASSES OUT AND TRIES THEM ONE BY ONE. It was like something out of Sanford and Son, where Fred had like 10 pairs of glasses in a drawer.
While this is going on, people in the line are all getting quiet and staring, eyes getting bigger and bigger.
I reached over and pulled out a rarely used form and told her that she needed to take the form to her eye doctor to pass the vision part, I could not renew her license for her today.

The next 5 customers all asked me if I passed her.

Quoted:
I sat in the DMV for my last renewal and watched an elderly man walk up to renew his. This guy was probably in his late 70's or early 80's and very feeble.

He barely got to the counter with the help of some woman that I assume is his daughter.  They go through the paperwork at the counter and the clerk says "Sir, I need you to do this eye test. Please put your head against this and tell me what you see."  She stands there and he does not respond.  She says again "Sir, put your head here" as she is patting the vision test machine.  He still did not respond.  Finally the daughter getting concerned grabs him and shoves his head to the machine.  

He stands there and the woman asks 3-4 times what he sees...  He can barely read the first few lines and he completely blows the peripheral vision blinking lights test.

Now we established in the begining that this guy has no hearing as the DMV clerk had to repeat everything she said.  I was accross the room and could hear her.  He also clearly failed the vision test. But the scary part.  THEY GAVE HIM A FREAKING LICENSE.  I watched them take his photo and hand him his new one.  No, this was not an ID card.  There is no requirement for a vision test for the ID card.

When my grandfather or parents get to that stage, I am taking the keys, the license, and yes even the car.  I will not stand back and watch them kill someone on the highway.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:30:31 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

USNDOC's story  reminds me of a customer I had once.  Old man and old lady come to the counter, old lady needs to renew her license.

Everything is fine, until the dreaded vision test.

Me: put your head against the pad of the viewer and read me the 3rd line
she puts her head against the pad of the viewer, and then looks back at me
Her: there's nothing there, young man.
I check the machine and it is working correctly.
Me: try again please
Her: no, there is nothing there
At this point, the husband says, "try your other glasses", so she opens her purse and puts on a different pair of glasses, and tries again.
Her: There's nothing there! We're not communicating young man!
The husband gets exhasperated and says, "try your OTHER glasses", at which point she pulls like 6 PAIRS OF GLASSES OUT AND TRIES THEM ONE BY ONE. It was like something out of Sanford and Son, where Fred had like 10 pairs of glasses in a drawer.
While this is going on, people in the line are all getting quiet and staring, eyes getting bigger and bigger.
I reached over and pulled out a rarely used form and told her that she needed to take the form to her eye doctor to pass the vision part, I could not renew her license for her today.

The next 5 customers all asked me if I passed her.

Quoted:

So did you?

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:30:51 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
In the people's republick of Kalifornia one can take one's drivers license test in any of 65 languages.  And yes English is still among them -- at least for now.  

Same here thou when asked no one at DMV has the awnser to if they need the test in whatever language cause they cant read English how are they to read street signs
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:43:43 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So did you?

Hell no! I gotta ride on those streets too!

One night Jesus came in and asked for a Walker's Permit, but I digress......
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:50:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:54:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Some of the people working at the DMV concern me more than the unwashed masses I sat by last time I visited 6 years ago...

Why is there always 18 places to service customers and only 3 open, and they go on break after ever other customer served?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top