Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/21/2006 8:35:14 AM EDT
Hello,

Part of the title says what I am looking for. I am looking into establishing an LLC, obtaining my FFL, and in the future paying SOT. I have a strong interest in firearms and would like to establish a business (based at home) that provides firearms related products and services to customers in professional and honest manner. This would not be my primary job at this point in my life (still have many more years as a K9 Hander with a local PD).

I plan to use a portion my residence for the business location. I am zoned Rural Residential. I just spoke with the zoning administrator. We reviewed the rules to determine if I need a hearing. I will not need a hearing if I can reasonably meet the following:

A resident may use up to 50% of the gross floor area of a dewelling only, for a home occupation which is customary in a residential area.

I need to provide names and addresses of other firearm (repair/sales) shops which are located in rural residential areas. This will clear me for the simplest route in my town. I am not restricted to my town. I just have to show that this is an accepted location for the type of business. If anybody has knowledge of similar businesses in VT and NH those would be most helpful, but any would work. It would be appreciated if I could be e-mailes names, addresses, and phone numbers. I currently use one dealer that fits my description and I know of a C2 with a similar scenarior. I have to call two others to confirm their zoning.

I would appreciate any help and of course there would always be an ARFCOM discount if this pans out. I will post back here with updates as things progress.

Thank you,

Mike

E-mail: VTK9JerryLee@aol.com
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:01:52 PM EDT
BTT, Can use some more help.

I appreciate the responses I have had. If anybody can help me show the zoning administrator there are successful firearms businesses run from a residence I would appreciate it.

Thank you,

Mike

Top Top