Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:03:13 AM EDT
[#1]
glad to know someone else noticed. it sends the wrong message in so many ways.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:03:13 AM EDT
[#2]
You guys still watch commercials?

Get intot he 21st century!  Buy a damn TIVO already!  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:11:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:19:36 AM EDT
[#4]

if this were a real couple, in a few years they'd be divorced
How true!!

There was a comment made to a friend of mine about him buying "another gun" and the wife wanted new furniture. When he told me that she went ahead and charged the furniture, comparing his buying a $400.00 handgun to a $2,000++++ living room set, I told him he got screwed and needed another gun, or three or four! His wife didn't laugh! Now he's not allowed to play with the bad kids anymore.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:19:36 AM EDT
[#5]
+1

To everything in this thread.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:44:41 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm late to this topic but I knew exactly which commercial you were referring to.

The part that raises my hackles every time is when the wife says 'What?!' and then gives that little head movement normally associated with agression or confrontation. If my wife tried that I would have done the same thing another poster suggested. "Ma'm, we'll have to call you back later after I talk with my wife." *click*

then...

"Honey, don't ever put me on the spot like that again."
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:46:18 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

fuckin' A.
Ever seen kim du toits rant about this?

Here's a link to the Kim du Toit essay, The Pussification of the Western Male.  This is literally the best thing you will ever read on the internet.

www.theothersideofkim.com/index.php/essays/41/

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:52:00 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Like the toy or board game that you buy for your 10 year old kid that some how will transfom your whole family to a group of retards sitting in front of the fireplace, squirming in delight, smiling , chucklng, and holding hands.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:03:32 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I saw that ADT commercial one day and was fuming.

If some dumbass tried that while I wasn't home, the dog would be eating his nuts after my wife roundhouse kicked the guy put three or four 9mm JHPs into the guy's chest cavity.

That was in serious need of fixing.

But seriously folks, that's the reason remotes were invented.  I just don't watch the comercials.  I have noticed the same trend.  It's the same things on many sitcoms...guy is an idiot, wife is smart and runs the show.  "According to Jim" and "The War at Home" spring to mind.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:13:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Anyone got a link for us non tv watchers?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:17:23 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Anyone got a link for us non tv watchers?

That we'd admit to?

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:31:55 AM EDT
[#12]
I hate that commercial. Using kids as leverage is bullshit. If you cant afford your life, DONT HAVE KIDS.

I swear. Some couples think just because they CAN breed, they SHOULD.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:04:55 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If you want to see the end result of a country being full of "sensitive men", look at Canada.

Funny, yet tragic story:

One of my good friends here at work is a Canadian. A group of us took a long lunch to go shooting a couple of weeks ago as it was an awesome day. I took a few non-gun owners and they had a ball with my M4gery and my Sub2000. I was talking with my Canadian buddy (didn't come shooting with us) about the range and general gun questions he had. Suddenly, he walked back to his cube and put his head down on his desk: "I can't talk about this anymore...I'm having an anxiety attack just thinking about guns."

Did you revoke his man card on the spot?  That is just unbelievable
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:00:46 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
i also hate that ameritrade commercial where the dad invests in the jeans company just because his daughter asked him for $80 to buy a pair of jeans  "ooh, my daughter likes them, must mean that it's going to be the next big thing and the stock is going to go through the roof!  of course my daughter is so in touch with all the latest trends, i'll be the first to realize this and buy the stock before it's run up by everyone else!"

+1000, that was the first thing I thought of when I started reading this thread and I was going to post about it, but it looks like you beat me to it.

It just goes to show the entitlement attitude people have these days. I never asked my parents for money, even though I probably could have, mainly because doing so feels wrong to me. I get the same feeling about it as I do about stealing.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:51:45 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Almost every commercial, TV show, Movie, sitcom, nowadays consists of a smart, realistic woman manipulating and humiliating a stupid, childish man.

These are the products I boycott: the ones that try to sell to me by assuming I'm an idiot.

fixed

AMEN.  I can't stand that shit - when I see these commercials, I imagine the holy bloody fucking uproar that would result if the woman were portrayed as the beat-down dumbass.  Fucking crazy.  

Oh well, lucky for me, my wife is at least as much a male chauvinist as I.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:53:54 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Almost every commercial nowadays consists of a smart, realistic woman manipulating and humiliating a stupid, childish man.

These are the products I boycott: the ones that try to sell to me by assuming I'm an idiot.

Speaking of what you just said...has anyone seen the SEARS commericals where it's hot and the woman says (about buying air conditioning)

Woman (rude tone):"You said you would call SEARS today".
Man:  "I'll call tomorrow"
Woman:  "You'll call today"
Man (detached tone, really creepy): "I'll call now"

It was pretty creepy if you ask me, it's like a jedi mind trick that only manipulative women have.  

Have you seen the Progressive Insurance one?  The guy is sitting down watching football and the wife comes up behind and asked if he called to get an insurance quote.  He says yes and then she's like "Did they give you the rates of competitors??" and then he looks down with a sad look and she shoves the phone back in his face to make him call again while he starts crying.

Yep, I've seen that one too.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:20:42 PM EDT
[#17]
I find it just as disgusting as the rest of you but you know what?  The advertisers don't care.  They know that the women control 100% of the sex and most of the money.  When I was in the biz, the most coveted viewers were the 18-35 females.

Watch tv news.  What is the percentage of infobabes to infodudes?  I watched a local station and didn't see a male reporter on camera for over 10 minutes.  I could tell you more about what I saw, but it would violate the COC.  Over the air TV and the ads are just a subset of Hollywierd.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:46:26 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I
Watch tv news.  What is the percentage of infobabes to infodudes?  I watched a local station and didn't see a male reporter on camera for over 10 minutes.  .

Uh i prefer  infobabes too
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:06:40 PM EDT
[#19]
How about the Hotels.com commerical with the bitchy wife viewing the websites talking about "forty hotels with gorgeous oceanside views... and we get this one..."

<Cut to the dopey looking guy and the window full of constructions and buildings>

"thanks, Frank"

<cue dopey shrug>

As opposed to "I got you your vacation in hawaii, bitch, after working my ass off while you stayed home and bitched.

You want a view? Walk to the fucking beach.

I'm going to the bar to get a drink, and a hooker."
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:13:05 PM EDT
[#20]
I saw something different last night during basketball.  Home Depot, I think...

Man working in driveway, wife runs over all his tools which were left directly behind her SUV.

Here we go again, I think, man portrayed as idiot on TV.

Turns out it was all a ploy to get new tools at HD.

I had to laugh a bit at that one.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:16:57 PM EDT
[#21]
The first time I saw that commercial I about fucking popped.  That spineless pussy.  I bet that's how the wife got the poor guy to marry her too.

The second time I saw the commercial I let loose a string of obscenities and changed the channel.

Obviously they're stupid fucking liberals.

Those are the sort of tactics used by a child to get a new pet into the house, not the tactics used by a wife to prod her husband into buying a new house.

Bullshit.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:17:27 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Almost every commercial nowadays consists of a smart, realistic woman manipulating and humiliating a stupid, childish man.

fuckin' A.
Ever seen kim du toits rant about this?[/quote]
A piece of brilliance, it is...
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:29:54 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

fuckin' A.
Ever seen kim du toits rant about this?

Here's a link to the Kim du Toit essay, The Pussification of the Western Male.  This is literally the best thing you will ever read on the internet.

www.theothersideofkim.com/index.php/essays/41/

That's a damned battle cry if I ever heard one.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top