Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2006 7:17:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/20/2006 7:17:57 PM EDT by JS98010]
I got a call from a number that is not in Google and not in www.anywho.com. I don't feel like calling the number, so those who suggest that I merely call 'em back can click here for clarification.

I'm sure someone here knows of a free alternative to one of those pay-sites that allow one to look up unlisted numbers and conduct background checks on whomever, whenever.

Thanks!

<~~~Post #1500! Do I qualify for a cookie or something?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:31:15 PM EDT
^

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:36:48 PM EDT
This doesn't list all numbers either, but in my limited experience it lists more than anywho.com:

Verizon SuperPages Reverse Lookup

It's worth a try, at least.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:48:40 PM EDT
www.411.com Sometimes has numbers not anywhere else
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:19:24 AM EDT
None of those still have my cell number
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:23:35 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:28:37 AM EDT

Originally Posted By AssaultRifler:
None of those still have my cell number

I wouldn't expect them to. As far as I know, they only include listed numbers, and cell phone numbers aren't listed. Of course, that probably leaves JS98010 out of luck in his search for free information.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:37:08 AM EDT
So what that someone called you? If it is important, they'll call back. YOUR phone is for YOUR convenience, not theirs.

Look at it from the other end... I got a call one day, a woman said, "You called me?"

AFM: "Uh, no, I don't think so. Tell me who you are and I'll tell you if I called you or not."

Woman: "Who I am is none of your business... you called me. It's on my caller ID."

AFM: "I don't think it was me. Maybe it was my wife who called you. Or maybe one of my kids was calling one of your kids."

Woman: "Well you called me, it's got your number right here."

AFM: "No, I didn't, but perhaps someone from here did. If it's important, they'll call you back. But I promise you, I didn't call you, and I won't call you in the future, whoever you are."

Woman: "Well don't call here again!!!" (Slams phone down.)

I guess I'm the rude one.
Top Top