Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/20/2006 6:16:59 PM EDT
So, I've been driving the prego wifey to doctors appointments, running errands, etc.

While she's at the grocery store, I was sitting in my truck waiting for her, well I got bored and started observing random people around my immediate area.....

Here's what I noticed:

around lunch time:

1. Grocery store clerk - comes out the store, gets in a nice late model new car, comes back after half an hour with take-out food possibly from an expensive restaurant.

2. Across the grocery store is a bank - out comes, what looks like a bank teller or the banks financial planner, walks across the street and buys a cheapo ($1) T.V dinner, hurries back to her bank job.

-----

Who do you think, will come out ahead.... in life?

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:27:55 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
So, I've been driving the prego wifey to doctors appointments, running errands, etc.

While she's at the grocery store, I was sitting in my truck waiting for her, well I got bored and started observing random people around my immediate area.....

Here's what I noticed:

around lunch time:

1. Grocery store clerk - comes out the store, gets in a nice late model new car, comes back after half an hour with take-out food possibly from an expensive restaurant.

2. Across the grocery store is a bank - out comes, what looks like a bank teller or the banks financial planner, walks across the street and buys a cheapo ($1) T.V dinner, hurries back to her bank job.

-----

So you sit your lazy ass in the truck while pregnant wife shop in the grocery store

The term 'man' is not bestowed on half the population who happen to have a peni$... It is earned...
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:32:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

So you sit your lazy ass in the truck while pregnant wife shop in the grocery store

The term 'man' is not bestowed on half the population who happen to have a peni$... It is earned...

Well, she doesn't want me to go with her..... I screwed up last time I did some grocery shopping....

I do help her load and unload the groceries though..

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:33:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I've always wondered about the people that drive around the parking lot for 15 minutes looking for a spot that's close to the door.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:36:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I've always wondered about the people that drive around the parking lot for 15 minutes looking for a spot that's close to the door.

Yeah, I always wondered about it as well, I always park as far as possible except when the wifey is in tow......

So, what do you guys think..... are bank people tend to budget and save a lot compared to the general public?

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:36:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:37:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The guys selling "Linear Phase" speakers from the back of their white van?

Or

The guys selling copies of CD's and DVD's out of the back of their pick-up truck?

Or

The lady selling favors?

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:40:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Dude...get your butt out of your damn truck and help the wife!

Load up the basket and unload it at the checkout stand.  Then load it up again and unload it into the truck...THEN do the same into the house.

She has ENOUGH load on her right now.  She don't need you sitting down while she's working.

What in hell you gonna do when junior is born and you HAVE to do the grocery shopping?

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:46:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Dude...get your butt out of your damn truck and help the wife!

Load up the basket and unload it at the checkout stand.  Then load it up again and unload it into the truck...THEN do the same into the house.

She has ENOUGH load on her right now.  She don't need you sitting down while she's working.

What in hell you gonna do when junior is born and you HAVE to do the grocery shopping?

I help her whenever I can, it wasn't my intention to bring it up, just my observations at the grocery store parking lot.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:53:41 PM EDT
[#9]
I have noticed how lasy people can be about returning carts.  Some go so far as to take the cart all the way to a return rack but they just won't push it into the return and the next person just adds to the pile.  To a great end of an empty return rack and carts everywhere but where they should be.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:54:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Dude, you are the worst example of a human to walk the Earth and you would have to save the lives of 200 orphans to get up to Hitler's level!  If pond scum went on a puppy-raping binge for two weeks it could still look down upon your miserable ass!
Sorry, everyone else was piling on and I didn't want to miss the chance.  Yeah, parking lots are great for people watching.  Good luck w/ the kiddo on the way.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:01:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I have noticed how lasy people can be about returning carts.  Some go so far as to take the cart all the way to a return rack but they just won't push it into the return and the next person just adds to the pile.  To a great end of an empty return rack and carts everywhere but where they should be.

Yep, I always return carts in their respective racks as well.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:03:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
... Good luck w/ the kiddo on the way.

The thread was about my grocery parking lot observation of random people, obviously I don't do any grocery shopping enough.....

Thanks man.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:07:31 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I help her whenever I can, it wasn't my intention to bring it up, just my observations at the grocery store parking lot.

Thanks.

I'm with you on that one. Preggers wemminz are irrational. If she doesn't want you shopping, don't even try. Part of the nesting instinct.

Don't pay them no mind since obviously they haven't been around a TOTALLY hormonal female.

wganz
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:10:46 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I'm with you on that one. Preggers wemminz are irrational. If she doesn't want you shopping, don't even try. Part of the nesting instinct.

Don't pay them no mind since obviously they haven't been around a TOTALLY hormonal female.

wganz

You're wife is unpredictable too? mine's been like that for the last few months...

Thanks man.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:13:16 PM EDT
[#15]
you need another hobby
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:21:40 PM EDT
[#16]
I get a laugh out of oblivious people.

I once saw a man across the Wally World lot walk up to a car and start to peel the John Kerry sticker off it's rear windshield. It was stuck on real good and he was only getting small pieces, so it took him a while. About the time he started, two soccer moms in minivans parked near him and did a kid trade-off. The moms gabbed in the lot near the vans about five yards away from this guy for a few minutes (still workin hard at it with his fingernail), then packed up and left. I thought they'd say something to the guy, but from what I observed, I don't think they even knew he was present.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:27:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Yeah, most people aren't paying much attention to their surroundings, I swear, I can take a dump in the parking lot and nobody will notice....
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:36:37 PM EDT
[#18]
What did I miss?

888, patiently waited in his truck while the prego wife did her shopping duties,
and he gets hell?

What did I miss?

GM

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:42:28 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
What did I miss?

888, patiently waited in his truck while the prego wife did her shopping duties,
and he gets hell?

What did I miss?

GM

Yeah I don't get it...... I was merely doing my duties........

I don't normally go with my wife to the grocery store..... it takes her approx. 2 hours to get it done.... and all day if she's running errands.....

The last time I did some grocery shopping, she handed me a list of things to buy.... of course, I didn't follow it to the T, so I screwed up... and she gets mad....
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:19:01 PM EDT
[#20]
People are really strange and going increasingly insane.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:22:38 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

An acquaintance of mine that works at a grocery store asked me to stop taking my carts all the way to the rack.  The bag boys & girls it seems prefer to hike around the parking lot looking for carts as it gets them out of the store for a little while longer.  Go figure.

-----

1. Clerk could easily be borrowing mommy or dadies car.  Take out could easily be gotten with coupons.

2. Banker could be trying to save money to put it towards her meth habit.

Who knows?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:29:15 PM EDT
[#22]
help the wife and stop worrying about others
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:30:54 PM EDT
[#23]
sometimes I notice plainclothes store security pretending to be customers and following suspicious looking people into stores from the parking lot
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:33:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Honestly as A Cart Pusher my self.

I dont care if where you put the cart, as long as it doesn't roll into someone else's car.

If everyone put the carts where they are suppost too I probley wouldn't have a job.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:37:47 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

1. Clerk could easily be borrowing mommy or dadies car.  Take out could easily be gotten with coupons.

2. Banker could be trying to save money to put it towards her meth habit.

Who knows?

Probably..... could be she's also saving for college or some other project.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:39:01 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
help the wife and stop worrying about others

I help her out whenever I can, thanks.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:40:38 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When you get your ass out of the truck that is.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:41:29 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
sometimes I notice plainclothes store security pretending to be customers and following suspicious looking people into stores from the parking lot

Yep, I think some stores employ a number of them.....
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:44:04 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Honestly as A Cart Pusher my self.

I dont care if where you put the cart, as long as it doesn't roll into someone else's car.

If everyone put the carts where they are suppost too I probley wouldn't have a job.

OK, thanks for putting the carts back in its proper place...

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:01:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Our grocery store is really nice with very nice employees.  It is predominantly Hispanic/Black but that doesn't mean squat to us.

Great store, very nice staff and very courteous clientele.

HH
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:05:04 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Our grocery store is really nice with very nice employees.  It is predominantly Hispanic/Black but that doesn't mean squat to us.

Great store, very nice staff and very courteous clientele.

HH

Yep, it don't matter to us as well, most important is the persons character and are honorable.

I treat everybody the same regardless of their social/economic background.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:45:02 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I always wondered about it as well, I always park as far as possible except when the wifey is in tow......

So, what do you guys think..... are bank people tend to budget and save a lot compared to the general public?

I work in banking ( consultant not a teller ) and I waste a ton of money but I do eat cheap. Spend my money on cars and guns.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:03:15 PM EDT
[#33]
I've worked at one fer a few years now so here'e some of mine:

1. If the store is pretty busy and say registers 1-5 all have three or more people in line, and registers 6-8 are closed but 9 &10 are open. Most of the time 9 & 10 will be open. It seems that most people aren't observant enough to see that there is no waiting further down.

2. Customers are lazy. If they can't find it immediatly they (mostly) spend more time tracking an employee down than trying to find the actual item, which more often than not is right in front of them. Or if the shelf is empty they expect us to have more in the back, which would be damn near impossible seeing as there is probably 500K+ items in the store and it's hard enough to keep enough product in the back to keep the displays full.

3. If I'm pulling a full pallet of whatever through the store there is always a gaggle of women talking away completely oblivious to what's going on around them. And they NEVER move unless I interrupt their conversation and politely excuse myself

the list goes on and on
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:08:22 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Yeah, most people aren't paying much attention to their surroundings, I swear, I can take a dump in the parking lot and nobody will notice....

Nobody except for the Cop that just pulled in behind you.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:36:23 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Someone who is in banking is more likely to learn about - and practice -  budgets, savings, investing, etc.

On the other hand, people do stupid stuff. One of my wife's cousins worked her way up to head teller/assistant manager of a bank branch. Then embezzled.  She is not doing too well.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:10:12 AM EDT
[#36]
And what we don't see is the Bank President sitting at his desk eating his homemade lunch out of a paper sack
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:11:05 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
An acquaintance of mine that works at a grocery store asked me to stop taking my carts all the way to the rack.  The bag boys & girls it seems prefer to hike around the parking lot looking for carts as it gets them out of the store for a little while longer.  Go figure.

That's weird ... when I was a stockboy at age 16 I HATED doing carts.  It could be rainy, cold, snowy, or in the heat of summer ... and I hated doing them.  

To this day, I always return the carts to the stalls or directly to the front of the store in the designated area.  I'm sure there's some 16 year old kid who hates doing carts too.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:20:53 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
People are really strange and going increasingly insane.

They sure are...
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:50:24 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's weird ... when I was a stockboy at age 16 I HATED doing carts.  It could be rainy, cold, snowy, or in the heat of summer ... and I hated doing them.  

To this day, I always return the carts to the stalls or directly to the front of the store in the designated area.  I'm sure there's some 16 year old kid who hates doing carts too.

I do it all day at Walmart.

Its a nice after school and weekend job.

Yes the pay isn't anything great, but Im outside working, but its not really hard work.
It sure beats sitting on  my butt on ARFCOM, and I get payed for it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:59:21 AM EDT
[#40]
The other day I'd just got back in the car and watched this woman slam her SUV into a parking space between two other cars. The drivers side of the SUV must have been no more than 6 inches from the car next to it. The woman opens the door of the SUV, slamming it into the car next to her, then realises that she can't squeeze herself out through the gap. She reverses and pulls back in, still less than a foot away from the next car. Opens her door, slams it into the car next to her again, squeezes out and goes into the store.

I had to go, but didn't want to just leave it, so was digging in the diaper bag for my notebook to leave a note telling the owner of the car what had happened, when they come out. The owner of the car that the SUV lady had bashed gets in the car, the lady who was with her opens the passenger door, slamming it into the SUV then they drove away.

I had to laugh, but it was that uneasy laughter, brought on by that feeling you get when you know you're surrounded by morons.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:18:53 AM EDT
[#41]
The grocery store workers are unionized, the bank tellers aren't.  Around here I think starting for grocery work is $15 hr. + benefits.  You can make a lot at a grocery store, and that is why the local unions are trying to keep SuperWalmart and SuperTarget out of our state.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:19:40 AM EDT
[#42]
On the original observation. Methinks the grocery store clerk is union, and the bank teller isn't.

I recently was sitting in my car out side gun shop (had just pulled in), when another car pulls in beside me, and the driver hits the side of my door when he opened his door.  I followed him into store and said "Don't worry no damage". He denied hitting my car, despite me sitting in it when he did it.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:28:17 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I do it all day at Walmart.

Its a nice after school and weekend job.

Yes the pay isn't anything great, but Im outside working, but its not really hard work.
It sure beats sitting on  my butt on ARFCOM, and I get payed for it.

Agreed ... nothing wrong with the job itself, I just hated doing carts!  

PS when I was 16 the min wage was $3.xx per hour.    That's what I started at, too.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:36:27 AM EDT
[#44]
I usually observe oblivious sheep at the grocery store.  When women are loading their kid(s) in the car, they are oblivious.  Many times their purse is in the shopping cart and can be easily snatched.  Or, the car is running, kid in the car seat, while she packs groceries.  Easy set-up for car-jacking, purse snatching, child abduction, etc.  Easy score for a criminal.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:43:20 AM EDT
[#45]
I always enjoy watching folks in public places.  

ps - Lighten up on triple 8, pregnant woman need to remain active and exercise, and they obviously have it worked out between them.  Its none of your business.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:49:07 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
And what we don't see is the Bank President sitting at his desk eating his homemade lunch out of a paper sack

I KNOW ONE OF THOSE! I swear, he thinks eating out is a sin and I have never seen him in a new car. He has nice cars but the car he drives to work is a early 90s Honda Prelude. It wouldn't surprise me to find out he gets his clothes at the thrift store. Nice, just not retail. Thats him. Oh, he is not the president of the bank he is like #2 or #3.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:49:36 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Ugh, I hate it when it a person leaves their cart in the middle of a vacant parking spot I'm about to occupy with my minivan.  So, I have to get my booty out of the MV to push the cart out of the way.  Once I parked my MV in, I come out and use that shopping cart for my shopping use.  Although, it depends if the cart is crusty.   If it's crusty, I'll put in the "Return Cart" thingamajig" and get a better, cleaner one.

Another thing I hate about persons leaving their shopping carts is that they don't care if that shopping starts wandering by itself (due to the wind) and winds up hitting a parked car.  That happened to me.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:51:12 AM EDT
[#48]
I thought this thread was going to be about situational awareness, condition yellow, et cetera.  I am usually very observant when walking through a parking lot... I've seen too much shit go down there to be completely at ease.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:10:28 AM EDT
[#49]

What pisses me off is my wife wouldn't even mow the yard while preg!
And just because we have a 4 month and 2 year old, and she works 4 days a week she doesn't think she needs to finish her pre-preg drywall job.....
I think I'm going to take a nap. I'm all stressed out now. I wish someone would make me some lunch.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:12:12 AM EDT
[#50]
I was sitting in the car at Walmarts parking lot (waiting for the wife who was not pregnant and I had a broken foot and was on crutches ) and saw these people return to their van with a cart load of stuff. After they unloaded the items in the cart the procceded to load the now empty cart up with all their garbage from the van (it almost filled it to they top). They then pushed the cart away and drove off. I guess its ok to make it someone elses problem. They were about 2 rows over and I couldn't see the license number (probably to minor of an offense anyway).
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top