[Last Edit: 3/21/2006 10:05:51 AM EDT by zipper]

Thank You in advance
Zipper
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:40:42 PM EDT
BTT

No input ?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:41:28 PM EDT
Sorry to hear about your situation.

On one hand, it always sucks to lose a place to shoot. And it does smell a bit like he's trying to shut down competition prior to opening his own range.

On the other hand, there are bullet holes in nearby houses. Think about it - the only way that will happen is if the range and/or people using it are not being safe. Regardless of who was there first, bullets flying into a house is clearly wrong and dangerous.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:45:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/20/2006 5:45:58 PM EDT by JIMBEAM]
You need to hire your own consultant on environmental issues and range design. IM me details and I can try to make some recomendations concerning the environmental stuff.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:46:33 PM EDT
My club has the oldest chartership in the county, we have been sued more times than not. We have won every time. The neighbors have done everything from throwing bullets (not fired) into the gutter and saying they saw us shoot the house, to a guy shooting his pool liner where the bullet would have had to have done a 180 in the air to hit the side he shot.

Our range went all the up the Michigan courts, because of us, the range protection act of Michigan was passed. Us and all other ranges are grandfathered in.

Get a good NRA lawyer, and good luck.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:47:14 PM EDT
Thank you,
I have really only given the media's and this one guys side of the story. At this point I am looking at what people will say about it since it is one sided at this point.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:49:21 PM EDT
aholes like this are always trying to impose their will on you cause they don't like something you are doing.

I think shooters should try and shutdown all the golf courses cause of the tremendous damage they do to the environment due to chemical runoff and watershed pollution.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:51:54 PM EDT
I don't know-sounds like a bad deal,but if the houses have bullet holes,something needs to change.And not after someone gets killed or injured.

Maybe they should look into making some changes at the range to make it safer?Maybe he is building another range because of the safety issue and not a personal vendetta.

The shooting community and gun clubs/ranges could be knee deep if a little kid was killed playing in his backyard by a stray round.

The gun club needs to sit down and have a meeting and discuss the possible safety violations and what can be done to solve the problems.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:52:25 PM EDT
good luck

unfortunately, it doesnt take too many excuses to get people (sheep/morons) to want to close a range
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:54:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By crashburnrepeat:
aholes like this are always trying to impose their will on you cause they don't like something you are doing.

I think shooters should try and shutdown all the golf courses cause of the tremendous damage they do to the environment due to chemical runoff and watershed pollution.

BE NICE to the golfers now
But
+100
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:06:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/20/2006 6:06:42 PM EDT by ZitiForBreakfast]
Our club have baffels, not only for sound but to stop rounds leaving. We have a total of 7 ranges at our club. ALL shooting is done under the baffels. We have strict guidelines for safety and not anyone can join...it is a long process and sponsors and you have to shoot a certain number of matches...grt voted on, etc.

We have no RSO (only on match days), every member is trained, we are self accountable and we expect other to tell us if we are un safe.

That being said, we have no restrictions on what can be done, as long as it is safe and rounds do no leave, shoot it up (no destructive devices and only bowling pins, paper and the plates and pepper poppers can be shot)...sun up to sun down.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:10:27 PM EDT
Sounds to me like he has legitimate concerns about the issues of your club
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:15:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ZitiForBreakfast:
Our club have baffels, not only for sound but to stop rounds leaving. We have a total of 7 ranges at our club. ALL shooting is done under the baffels. We have strict guidelines for safety and not anyone can join...it is a long process and sponsors and you have to shoot a certain number of matches...grt voted on, etc.

We have no RSO (only on match days), every member is trained, we are self accountable and we expect other to tell us if we are un safe.

That being said, we have no restrictions on what can be done, as long as it is safe and rounds do no leave, shoot it up (no destructive devices and only bowling pins, paper and the plates and pepper poppers can be shot)...sun up to sun down.

If you don't mind me asking, Ziti, what club is this?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:16:14 PM EDT
You need to change ASAP. I didn't read the article, but I would:

1. Hire a professional PR guy immediately, and designate him and only him to be the POC for your club with the media, the general public, and the local government. Issue a bulletin to all members that no one is to talk to anyone regarding the club and refer all inquiries to the above PR guy. Have him work your local government and the media to educate them about your immediate plan, which is.....
2. Training up a couple of ROs, and schedule shoots from now on, happening ONLY and under the EXCLUSIVE direction of the on duty RO. Disobey the RO and you are ejected.

Then,
3. Redesign your range, and only allow unsupervised shoots once you have rearranged so that even the idiots can't get past the backstop.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:23:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/20/2006 6:29:41 PM EDT by blacklisted]
I'd be interested to see if there really are bullets holes in these buildings. If so, then something has to change.
Top Top