Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2006 4:54:25 PM EDT
I want to put some fog lights on my truck...  Seems like most of the 18 wheelers up here in Alaska run light force lights.  however, I wanted to get ARFCOM's opinion on the matter.  What lights are you guys running or what have you had good luck with.

Thanks,
~Dg84
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:00:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been considering a couple of these for my Cadillac: You'd have to buy two.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:04:43 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I've been considering a couple of these for my Cadillac: You'd have to buy two.

H. Jesus Christ!  That thing is fucking awesome!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:11:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the piaa 550
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:56:55 PM EDT
[#4]
(1) Are you actually wanting fog lights or are you really wanting high wattage driving lights?
(2) How are you going to mount them?  Bumper/lower front?  Grill?  Roof/Roll Bar?

I still like my Hellas, but the PIAAs are pretty sweet too.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:12:53 PM EDT
[#5]
PIAA.

fogs are to be mounted close to the ground (i.e. bumper level-ish)

PIAA also makes a nice driving light/pencil beam
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:26:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
(1) Are you actually wanting fog lights or are you really wanting high wattage driving lights?
(2) How are you going to mount them?  Bumper/lower front?  Grill?  Roof/Roll Bar?
I still like my Hellas, but the PIAAs are pretty sweet too.

I guess I was using the wrong term...  I'm looking for a high wattage driving light I guess.  

And I'm was thinking of ordering one of these,

~Dg84
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:35:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Go with Hella's Rally series, I have 6 metal series, mainly fog beam, pencil beam and cornering beam, lights up the whole trail at night.... and the metal series priced right ...
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:45:55 PM EDT
[#8]
PIAA, much nicer than Hella.
Hella has gotten cheap over the past few years.
Just stay away from the cheap PIAA lights.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:49:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah the PIAA's are alright but they're more for the caviar crowd....

For us regular folks, Hella is a less expensive alternative..... and it works.....

The regular Hella's are somewhat mediocre but the rally series, metal etc... are great...

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:52:38 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
And I'm was thinking of ordering one of these,

Might want to order the heavy-duty cooling fan and 4-row radiator, while you're at it...
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:04:29 PM EDT
[#11]
I use  KC HiLites  

And as said above look into getting duel batteries and make sure you have a high voltage Alternator...you're gonna need it
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:21:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I use  KC HiLites  

And as said above look into getting duel batteries and make sure you have a high voltage Alternator...you're gonna need it

Right on... thanks for the tip.

~Dg84
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:43:41 PM EDT
[#13]
The Light Force is Kings for throw I have the 170's on my Jeep & they outshine the KC's that on on ther too. The interchanagable filters & easy focusing I really like as well. But any of the better brands (Piaa,Warn,IPF,will be better than what you using now. Being your from AK I know that Light Force stater that blue filters will help visabilty in snow conditions, I have a set of blue filters but have not yet tested them but the Amber filters I have & they worh verry well.

As a side note Light Force Is the Same Company as Night Force 7 we know how well there scopes are.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:53:45 PM EDT
[#14]
have you checked out WARN?  (yeah, the winch guys) --they make a KILLER set of driving lights.  huge and bright.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:28:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Remember for fog you want low and wide and aimed down.  Anything else you're wasting energy and reflecting back into your eyes.

And those tank lights were awesome, saw them in action a few times and you just sat there and said "WOOW"
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:48:08 AM EDT
[#16]
1 Piaa
2 Hella
3 Everythig else
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top