Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/20/2006 4:33:39 PM EDT
Say I were to buy a shotgun off the EE from a private seller.  Would it have to be shipped to an FFL or can it be mailed directly to me if I am of age, and posess no criminal background?

Does registration have to be swapped over or anything?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:35:03 PM EDT
[#1]
FL doesn't register shotguns, heck even CA doesn't register shotguns, (unless they are AW's)
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:35:33 PM EDT
[#2]
are both parties in the same state?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:36:00 PM EDT
[#3]
you still need to have an FFL recieve it, but the seller can ship it themselves IIRC.

no registration is required.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:40:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
are both parties in the same state?

Haven't found one spefically.  Just asking.

Could be, or maybe not.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:41:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
you still need to have an FFL recieve it, but the seller can ship it themselves IIRC.

no registration is required.

Yeah I'm sure they can, but I'm talking about receiving it, since it's a private sale.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:44:23 PM EDT
[#6]
The only way it can be shipped to you directly is if both the seller and buyer are from FL. It's a face to face /private sale that way. If the seller is not from FL he has to send it to your local Firearms Dealer(FFL) where you will fill out a 4473 for a NICS check before you take posession. You will also have to pay the transfer fee at the FFL.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:46:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The only way it can be shipped to you directly is if both the seller and buyer are from FL. It's a face to face /private sale that way. If the seller is not from FL he has to send it to your local Firearms Dealer(FFL) where you will fill out a 4473 for a NICS check before you take posession. You will also have to pay the transfer fee at the FFL.

Well, I have a FFL that will do it for $25, but if possible, I'd rather avoid the time and fees and just have it shipped to my door.

I'll keep my eyes open for one in FL.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top