Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/20/2006 4:31:46 PM EDT
Anyone notice all the Assault rifle propaganda? As usual its the evil AK/SKS that is menacing the streets. Sigh
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:32:17 PM EDT
[#1]
that's why i stopped watching that show a LONG time ago.  they're militantly anti gun
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:32:43 PM EDT
[#2]
TEH SUCK!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:38:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok I am stuck in a hotel room with nothing else on whats your excuse.
BTW I started a thread at about the same time you did about this
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:40:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I honestly believe that if I was selling drugs and the like and was paranoid enough to be prepared for a cop raid that if SHTF and I got raided I could easily take half of Texas SWAT with me in my blaze of glory.  They seem like a joke. I'm less than impressed by their 'tactics'
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:44:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Ok I am stuck in a hotel room with nothing else on whats your excuse.
BTW I started a thread at about the same time you did about this

Oops...just noticed your thread. I'm sick, and just chilling on the couch. Found myself flipping through the channels and I saw an M4 so...

Btw: That pumpkin didn't look like it was hit with an AK ...or am I wrong
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:47:01 PM EDT
[#6]
If any perp shoots at them, I'd almost bet their reaction would be on par with those National Guardsmen in Rambo/First Blood.

Disclaimer: I am not cop-bashing, but you gotta admit...Texas SWAT is teh suck.  

Scott
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:58:54 PM EDT
[#7]
It is entertaining, I was wondering why they raided some drug dealers apartment with M4's, was penetration not an issue? I mean it was an apartment complex if they did shoot I'd think stray bullets would be an issue.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:02:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I thought a couple of those guys got shot not too long ago. Anyhow I think it's stupid to show the whole world how you operate. I mean those drug dealers watch TV too..
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:26:24 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I honestly believe that if I was selling drugs and the like and was paranoid enough to be prepared for a cop raid that if SHTF and I got raided I could easily take half of Texas SWAT with me in my blaze of glory.  They seem like a joke. I'm less than impressed by their 'tactics'

Actually I think that sort of happened and there was a thread about it.  Someone opened up on them while they were stacking on the door or something.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:35:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:01:32 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually I think that sort of happened and there was a thread about it.  Someone opened up on them while they were stacking on the door or something.

Three of the guys from Dallas' team were hit while doing a warrant service with the DEA. Thankfully, none were killed.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:19:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:57:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:32:39 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
This show will do more to generate public hatred of the police than 10 Rodney King beatings or 6 New Your toilet plunger attacks.

Only among the ARF tin foil crowd. Mr and Mrs America love this kind of show.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:46:24 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This show will do more to generate public hatred of the police than 10 Rodney King beatings or 6 New Your toilet plunger attacks.

+1
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:55:17 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I tried watching it once. My wife told me to turn it off. The blatant fascism was getting to her...
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:03:24 AM EDT
[#17]
You guys must not have seen the new show they have out:

Police: Special Forces  

Mainly being advertised at Special Forces

Yep these shows are really going to cause the American people to rise up against the Criminal Justice System.

I guess that's why those shows are so popular and they are adding more.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:19:25 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

true and true.

i saw one episode where they got all geared up and ready to go on some "information" they had gotten. they roll into a parking lot, toss out some flash bangs, guns covering this vehicle, as another SWAT guy goes around the vehicle and smashes out every window. then they drag the guy out, throw an knee into the back of his neck and cuff him as he's going "...what's going on!?"

turns out it had nothing to do with him, it was his girlfriend who had sold a bag of pot to some undercover guy a while before. not even from the truck, and the guy knew nothing..

so they smashed up his truck and roughed the guy up a little in a public place, and it didn't have a damned thing to do with him. at the end the CO says something to the effect of, "...well, it was a successful raid, and we're all safe."

it's frustrating to see that shit, but it's even more frustrating to KNOW that most of america that watched that thought nothing more then "yeahhhhhhhhh!!!"

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:24:00 AM EDT
[#19]
I just thank God they had the armored vehicles and SWAT for that massage parlor takedown. Things could have gotten ugly...

And they did when we saw the prostitutes.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:35:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Well I will probably get my ass kicked for this........

Seems like alot of these guys on SWAT are just adrenaline junkies.  They just want to go in guns blazing and want to "take down the bad guys" like it's Wild Wild West.   Maybe I am a little biased as I went to college with several people who went into LE, and not a one of them probably should be there.  They all  had anger management problems and wanted the authority to "beat people down" and "haul people's asses to jail".  Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of respect for LE, they put their life on the line at times and put in long hours.   However many of them seem to be just plain adrenaline junkied, testorone filled, assholes.

You wanna know the LE guy that I respect?  That's the one that serves as a school resource officer tyring to build relationships with kids and help keep them on the right path.

My .02
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:39:47 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

You wanna know the LE guy that I respect?  That's the one that serves as a school resource officer tyring to build relationships with kids and help keep them on the right path and keeps the horndog teachers off the 10 year olds.

My .02

+1. I respect the cops that build relationships with the citizens & judiciously apply their discretion instead of adopting overlord/hall monitor attitudes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top