Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2006 12:00:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/20/2006 12:01:43 PM EDT by 4get_No1]
...events in Kansas plus the "Patriot Guards"? Here's a Google News Search. Short story - a left-wing religious group (their right) is protesting War Vet funerals and the "Patriot Guards" are exercising their rights too.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:01:40 PM EDT

I don't understand how they are "left-wing"

They are just religious nut-jobs, there is not left or right wing about it, IMO. Their fanatical hatred of homosexuals doesn't exactly seem to be particularly liberal or left-wing to me.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:03:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/20/2006 12:04:38 PM EDT by 4get_No1]

Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

They are just religious nut-jobs, there is not left or right wing about it, IMO. Their fanatical hatred of homosexuals doesn't exactly seem to be particularly liberal or left-wing to me.

Yep, but I think their unjustified critique of Vets is a grand example of misplaced protest and is prompted by an underlying agenda (left-wing).

ETA: ...but I do see your point.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:09:01 PM EDT
Those idiots are on the road to becomming statistics.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:10:43 PM EDT

The founder of that church is a lawyer and THE ONLY thing that they are after is M-O-N-E-Y.

They could give a rat’s ass about gays or the war. They are just looking for somebody to sue.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:48:09 PM EDT
It's clear now that I'm WAY behind on the news - sorry y'all . I just found out about this and was astonished (and am learning ).
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:11:53 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 4get_No1:

Yep, but I think their unjustified critique of Vets is a grand example of misplaced protest and is prompted by an underlying agenda (left-wing).

Don't get me wrong - not trying to defend them, just being anal.

Those people are so despicable, it goes beyond the ability of the english language to convey.

I believe Sub-MOA is correct - they are jsut goading people to attack them, and will then sue. I am amazed that nobody has run them over with a car or anything.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:55:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 4get_No1:

Don't get me wrong - not trying to defend them, just being anal.

Those people are so despicable, it goes beyond the ability of the english language to convey.

I believe Sub-MOA is correct - they are jsut goading people to attack them, and will then sue. I am amazed that nobody has run them over with a car or anything.

I was so flabbergasted I wasn't thinking. Thanks for the dash of water and yep - they're just lashing out at anyone who will react (like me? ) They've found a way to get so many emotional things all wrapped around the axle at once, it can't be accidental. Like I say, thanks for the dash of water.
Top Top