Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/20/2006 12:00:09 PM EDT
...events in Kansas plus the "Patriot Guards"?  Here's a Google News Search.  Short story - a left-wing religious group (their right) is protesting War Vet funerals and the "Patriot Guards" are exercising their rights too.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:01:40 PM EDT
[#1]

I don't understand how they are "left-wing"

They are just religious nut-jobs, there is not left or right wing about it, IMO. Their fanatical hatred of homosexuals doesn't exactly seem to be particularly liberal or left-wing to me.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:03:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

They are just religious nut-jobs, there is not left or right wing about it, IMO. Their fanatical hatred of homosexuals doesn't exactly seem to be particularly liberal or left-wing to me.

Yep, but I think their unjustified critique of Vets is a grand example of misplaced protest and is prompted by an underlying agenda (left-wing).

ETA: ...but I do see your point.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:09:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Those idiots are on the road to becomming statistics.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:10:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

The founder of that church is a lawyer and THE ONLY thing that they are after is M-O-N-E-Y.

They could give a rat’s ass about gays or the war. They are just looking for somebody to sue.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:48:09 PM EDT
[#5]
It's clear now that I'm WAY behind on the news - sorry y'all .  I just found out about this and was astonished (and am learning ).
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:11:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, but I think their unjustified critique of Vets is a grand example of misplaced protest and is prompted by an underlying agenda (left-wing).

Don't get me wrong - not trying to defend them, just being anal.

Those people are so despicable, it goes beyond the ability of the english language to convey.  

I believe Sub-MOA is correct - they are jsut goading people to attack them, and will then sue.  I am amazed that nobody has run them over with a car or anything.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:55:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't get me wrong - not trying to defend them, just being anal.

Those people are so despicable, it goes beyond the ability of the english language to convey.  

I believe Sub-MOA is correct - they are jsut goading people to attack them, and will then sue.  I am amazed that nobody has run them over with a car or anything.  

I was so flabbergasted I wasn't thinking.  Thanks for the dash of water and yep - they're just lashing out at anyone who will react (like me? )  They've found a way to get so many emotional things all wrapped around the axle at once, it can't be accidental.  Like I say, thanks for the dash of water.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top