Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2006 7:12:22 AM EDT

I am a software test engineer.  I work with a lot of Indian(from India) people and have posted several times about interesting phrases spoken that they have no idea of the meaning of what they just said.  I was just in a meeting of 3 guys and 2 girls.  I was the only non-Indian.  Both women are fairly attractive(sorry no pics).

Talking about setting up a server and an application for me to test.
One woman said, “Mike, I’ll set it up, would you hit it?”
Me, straining not to say “Like a retard on a drum set”, said sure.
Then she said to the group, “that will be great if Mike can hit it”.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:13:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Aim for the dot
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:16:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Maybe she wants to Kama Sutra you!  I have seen some dropdead gorgeous Indian chics..  Then There are the Arab hotties, OMG!  Though they would make eye contact that was the line.  In Bahrain I saw many, many Arab/mideast hotties that would make the best caucasian look average..

Mike, you should hit it!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:17:26 AM EDT
[#3]
LOL

why would she use that phrase?

Next time go right ahead and say the thing about the drum set or a screen door in a hurricane.  

They won't know what that means either
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:18:03 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Aim for the dot

They are pretty Americanized.  Most of the women here do not wear the dots.

But they don't know a lot of American phrases.

My favorite still is when an attractive Indian woman stood up in her cube and announced to the whole department that she was going to take a dump!

She was talking about taking a database dump.  But I just about died laughing.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:18:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:20:33 AM EDT
[#6]
After you're done "hitting" it you can press the big red, "That was EASY!!!" button.  Every computer geek in the building has one now.  It's really starting to annoy me.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:21:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Taking one for the team, good work!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:22:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Awesome.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:25:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Kinda like when I put inter-office mail/paperwork in one of the ladies mailbox, I tell them.. "I just stuck it in your box"..or if they are waiting for something, they tell me to "Just shove it in my box sometime today".....

Or even better, my HR manager is a hottie, and she is on my volley-ball team (bar league). It is the only time I can tell her she has a nice set without getting smacked.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:28:13 AM EDT
[#10]
ABCDs

American Born Crazy Desis
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:35:58 AM EDT
[#11]
I posted this before but...

We have the really hot blond lady at work and one day she poked her head in my cube, looked at me like this , and said:

"Hey, you want some pie?"

"What?"

"There's some apple pie in the kitchen."

"Oh, um, yeah.  It think I will.  Thanks."
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:37:57 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
.  In Bahrain I saw many, many Arab/mideast hotties that would make the best caucasian look average..

It's just different to you is all.

Nothing is hotter then a true blonde chick esp vs. cultures where every girl has the same damn complexion.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:45:24 AM EDT
[#13]
There is a lot of fun to be had in explaining the "slang" meaning of what they just said to them.  Hey, you are just trying to help them learn the language.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:14:11 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
.  In Bahrain I saw many, many Arab/mideast hotties that would make the best caucasian look average..

Nothing is hotter then a true blonde chick esp vs. cultures where every girl has the same damn complexion.

Actually, I travel the world pretty regular.  I have been deployed for 9 of the last 12 months or so to every nook and cranny of the earth.  I see the diversity pretty routine and still, foreign women have it hands down..

My ranking of hottest women from my personal experience:

1st: Italians
2nd: Greeks
3rd: Mideastern
4th: Brazilian
5th: Aussies
6th:Texans

Everyone else falls pretty short..
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:21:07 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, I travel the world pretty regular.  I have been deployed for 9 of the last 12 months or so to every nook and cranny of the earth.  I see the diversity pretty routine and still, foreign women have it hands down..

6th:Texansdamn dude all the way down to 6th?

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:47:25 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

From looking at your list, its pretty clear again you like darker complexion women.
Might as well marry a black women and get it over with.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:53:25 AM EDT
[#17]
I think someone got offended.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:54:59 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

From looking at your list, its pretty clear again you like darker complexion women.
Might as well marry a black women and get it over with.

Touchy arent we!

You obviously never traveled..  And if you did you never looked around.  Women of northern european decent are beautiful too but it seems women in warmer climates have better bodies, skin, and attitude.  Nothing to do with race..  I'm just ranking them as I see them..
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:15:51 AM EDT
[#19]
A few years ago I was working a company trade show in Germany. One of the girls working the booth worked in one of our eastern european offices. Before walking out of the booth, she says to me and my boss in a thick accent, "I'm going to go take a crap."

My boss and I were confused until we saw her walk over to the nearby stand that sold crepes.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:17:06 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Aim for the dot

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:23:45 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Aim for the dot

Did you hear about the dislecsic ( sp? ) Indian?
 She had the dot on the back of her head.

BTW the dot is called a bindi.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:27:37 AM EDT
[#22]
What no offer for pie afterwards?  Slacker!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:35:58 AM EDT
[#23]
This reminds me of one of my wifes Japanese friends from college. I'll look for a picture later. Very cute at least a DD!

Anyway her younger brother 17 was visiting from Japan and had the same birthday as my wife. (Took lots of pictures of him with our evil assualt weapons to bring home and brag about.)

Anyway her, her BF and I were setting up for the party and were blowing up balloons.

She comes out and says: "I'm really good at blowing. When I was living in Japan I had a job blowing and it was alot of fun. I liked it alot..."

Needless to say me and her BF nearly pissed our pants. I recovered first took her by the hand and said "Well I have something that needs blowing why don't you come with me..." So she say's ok lets go..

I almost got out the door with her before the BF stopped me Sooo close, to this day she still has no idea why that was so funny.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:12:05 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Then she said to the group, “that will be great if Mike can hit it”.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:18:55 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

6th:Texansdamn dude all the way down to 6th?

Methinks he likes monobrows and moustaches on his women.  Closely followed by a nice voice.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:26:03 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

1st: Italians  (As long you stop them from getting old, fat, and hairy)
2nd: Greeks  (That is just because you know they're looking for a man who isn't looking for a man)
3rd: Mideastern  (Burka, burka, Mohamed hit it hard)
4th: Brazilian  (Check for Adam's apple though)
5th: Aussies  (They do have some fine ones, mate!)

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:33:09 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Maybe she wants to Kama Sutra you!  I have seen some dropdead gorgeous Indian chics..  Then There are the Arab hotties, OMG!  Though they would make eye contact that was the line.  In Bahrain I saw many, many Arab/mideast hotties that would make the best caucasian look average..

Mike, you should hit it!

My daughters best friend is Iranian, 2nd gen.  She is one of the most beautiful women I've met.  Men just get plain stupid of her.

All the more reason to say "It's not just your oil were after... we want your women too!"
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:45:01 PM EDT
[#28]
I had an Indian prof in college who struggled with the English language(didn't we all?).  Sometimes he would give us a problem to work on, and say, "If you have any questions, just raise your hand and I will come on your desk."  Or if there was something he wanted us to remember from out textbook, he would tell us to take it to another school nearby(Yavapai) and xerox it.  I don't know why we couldn't use our own copy machines.  But anyway, when he said it, he said, "You can go to Yavapai and xerox your butt."

Another time his English was perfect, but still hilarious.  He gave us a problem to work on, and some time to work on it.  So he's walking around seeing what everyone is doing, and he walks past two guys talking about something completely unrelated to class, just as one guy says "man, that's bullshit."  Of course the Indian guy thinks they're talking about his class so he says quite loudly, "No my friend, you are bullshit!"
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:56:19 PM EDT
[#29]
the proper reply to such things is  as follows....

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:07:57 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

1st: Italians  (As long you stop them from getting old, fat, and hairy)
2nd: Greeks  (That is just because you know they're looking for a man who isn't looking for a man)
3rd: Mideastern  (Burka, burka, Mohamed hit it hard)
4th: Brazilian  (Check for Adam's apple though)
5th: Aussies  (They do have some fine ones, mate!)

Only the American-Italians get fat and hairy..  Go to Italy, better yet, Sicily.  You'll see!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:12:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Geek speak is replete with examples of innuendo.

Just the other day one of the test engineers on the team told me that he "pounded the hell out of the box" but could not get it to crash.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:12:52 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Geek speak is repleat with examples of innuendo.

Just the other day one of the test engineers on the team told me that he "pounded the hell out of the box" but could not get it to crash.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:15:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Gunspeak is as well. People seem to just love saying "humping the Garand", or "humpin the pig (M-60". Hope no one owns a Johnson 1941!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:16:36 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

You obviously never traveled..  And if you did you never looked around.  Women of northern european decent are beautiful too but it seems women in warmer climates have better bodies, skin, and attitude.  Nothing to do with race..  

Was it Aristotle(sp?) who wrote?: "When the candles are dim... All women are fair."
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:15:12 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
ABCDs

American Born Crazy Desis

American Born Confused Desis.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:16:16 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I am a software test engineer.  I work with a lot of Indian(from India) people and have posted several times about interesting phrases spoken that they have no idea of the meaning of what they just said.  I was just in a meeting of 3 guys and 2 girls.  I was the only non-Indian.  Both women are fairly attractive(sorry no pics).

I really need to get a job at your company.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:29:18 AM EDT
[#37]
nto to get totally off topic. my 14 yr old daughter wanter to use the leaf blower for the grass clipping in the driveway. it had a sucker function with a bagger also,so i tell her to use it instead of blowing grass in the yard. about 5 mins later i'm on the front porch and at the top of her lungs she yells dad i can i tryit the other way i'm better at blowin then suckin all the peoples were doing yard work that dad too and everybody looked at me funny. sam the guy nexted door about died.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:17:04 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
nto to get totally off topic. my 14 yr old daughter wanter to use the leaf blower for the grass clipping in the driveway. it had a sucker function with a bagger also,so i tell her to use it instead of blowing grass in the yard. about 5 mins later i'm on the front porch and at the top of her lungs she yells dad i can i tryit the other way i'm better at blowin then suckin all the peoples were doing yard work that dad too and everybody looked at me funny. sam the guy nexted door about died.

O....M...G

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:19:43 AM EDT
[#39]

It sounds, from these posts, that only we men have this type of thinking.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:27:49 AM EDT
[#40]

I seen a TV commercial for some kind of kids playstation/xbox game and they were saying. "I'd hit it" over and over. WTF?

Anyone else see that?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:28:21 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Add 20 years, then rank them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top