Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/20/2006 5:01:37 AM EDT
christ.. dont they have something better to do?..

are they doing it for the children?

has there been a rash of deaths and suicides by dildo?

are people falling off there inflatable sheep and hurting them selves?

WTF...

how is this even remotely the .Gov's bussness?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:03:17 AM EDT
[#1]
link ?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:03:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Be careful of what you ask...
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:04:16 AM EDT
[#3]
stupidity, ignorance, and puritanism
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:04:36 AM EDT
[#4]

are they doing it for the children?

It prevents this,
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:06:27 AM EDT
[#5]
State wide ban here.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:08:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I guess the city wants a monopoly on being able to stick it where the sun don't shine...
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:08:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:10:01 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
stupidity, ignorance, and puritanism

I suppose moral relativism is better.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:10:12 AM EDT
[#9]
whats state you in?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:10:17 AM EDT
[#10]
The state of Kentucky is working to ban lap dances!  The senate already passed a bill to do so.  They claim you can get STDs from them.  So instead of having it done in public view where the girls are watched and licensed they are going to force it to the back rooms again.  Why can't the government keep their hands off peoples lives.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:11:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:15:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:18:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Not that I really give two shits whether or not some one can by a strap-on its just another example of the gov. chipping away at our rights a little at a time.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:20:49 AM EDT
[#14]
They'll have to pry my Inflate-a-Date from my cold, dead....

nevermind.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:21:13 AM EDT
[#15]
I'd rather ban butt plugs than high capacity magazines.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:25:49 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Yea but whats one without the other?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:25:52 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

In the ARFCOM tradition, keep BOTH!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:31:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Yeah I heard that Alabama has a ban and Tennessee is working on one too.  We have radical Islamic terrorists who are wanting to kill us, North Koreans who want to nuke us and out of control government spending but yet they are wasting time regulating what goes on in the bedroom.  Who are the biggest fool; the ones writing the laws or the ones who vote for the jokers?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:32:15 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In the ARFCOM tradition, keep BOTH!

If you have extras, or maybe picked up some new ones, you could sell your old preban ones on the EE to members in banned states.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:34:02 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
... Who are the biggest fool; the ones writing the laws or the ones who vote for the jokers?

Is this a trick question??  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:35:45 AM EDT
[#21]

i keep saying this, but nobody is listening. there are two parties in this country, and they are most assuredly NOT working to help their own constituants. they are each working to repress the other parties people. conservatives want to ban everything they don't consider "moral", and liberals want to ban everything that's gun or god related.

the legal framework in which we exist is constricting on a daily basis, and nobody cares because it hasn't strangled them yet.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:37:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:38:44 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I'd love to hear a state rep say that on CSPAN. I'd record it and watch it all day long.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:38:47 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
State wide ban here.

Do you feel that is nessisary or pressing area in need of government regulation?  

I just don't see the point.  I mean has a sex toy ever attacked anyone?  Are their sex toy ice cream trucks out on the streets with fuck swings, double ended dildos, and real-feel rubber vaginas swinging off the sides?

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:39:38 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
State wide ban here.

Here too, although it's seldom enforced.  Besides, they're novelty items, not sex toys.

Actually, mere possession is not illegal, but "promotion" of an "obscene device" is, as is possession with the intent to promote.  And "A person who possesses six or more obscene devices or identical or similar obscene articles is presumed to possess them with intent to promote the same."  

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:42:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Quick, before the confiscation, everyone bury your sex toys!

Wait......
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:42:58 AM EDT
[#27]
It's none of the goverments f*****g business. As its already been said here, there are a million other things they should be concerned with. Who's doing what to who in there bedroom shouldn't be on the list.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:44:05 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
"A person who possesses six or more obscene devices or identical or similar obscene articles is presumed to possess them with intent to promote the same."  

What if it could be shown that I have 7 girlfriends?

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:46:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Yup, seems we had a discussion on this a few days back and the conservatives denied that any such laws like this ever happened...
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:47:41 AM EDT
[#30]

what do you think pre-bans will get up to in price?

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:49:54 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
"A person who possesses six or more obscene devices or identical or similar obscene articles is presumed to possess them with intent to promote the same."  

What if it could be shown that I have 7 girlfriends?

Unless they have some artificial parts, you should be okay.  If they're transsexuals, I think you're in trouble.

"Obscene device" means a device including a dildo or artificial vagina, designed or marketed as useful primarily for the stimulation of human genital organs.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:52:14 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Yup, seems we had a discussion on this a few days back and the conservatives denied that any such laws like this ever happened...

At least in Texas, this law dates back to the time when Democrats ran everything.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:55:24 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
State wide ban here.

Do you feel that is nessisary or pressing area in need of government regulation?  

I just don't see the point.  I mean has a sex toy ever attacked anyone?  Are their sex toy ice cream trucks out on the streets with fuck swings, double ended dildos, and real-feel rubber vaginas swinging off the sides?

Hell, no. It's just some of that good ole southern Bible Belt puritan ways. I remeber when they were debating a bill to do away with the law. It was almost comical, the streets will be filled with dildos and our precious women will turn to whores. Geezzzzz.

Every now and then, some local sheriff and DA will raid a one of these places and it will be all over the news. Usually right before the election. After a couple of weeks the store is back open again.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:01:09 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

i keep saying this, but nobody is listening. there are two parties in this country, and they are most assuredly NOT working to help their own constituants. they are each working to repress the other parties people. conservatives want to ban everything they don't consider "moral", and liberals want to ban everything that's gun or god related.

the legal framework in which we exist is constricting on a daily basis, and nobody cares because it hasn't strangled them yet.

Just FYI: 1986 and 1989.

Versus 1934 and 1994.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:04:41 AM EDT
[#35]
 You guys are hysterical!  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:06:13 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
whats state you in?

Who knows? State of perversion?
j/k!!

If you need toys or whatever, there's always the good ol' internet
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:31:08 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Quick, before the confiscation, everyone bury your sex toys!

Wait......

if it's time to bury your sex toys, then it's time to dig them up.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:41:00 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Could it be fears about the things that go along with the sex toy trade?

I know in our area the sex shops are a major hangout for pervs and wierdos who are responsible for a whole lot of nasty mess....
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:42:05 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

<-----------joins her sin sister

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:43:25 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ummm like sex?

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:45:27 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know in our area the sex shops are a major hangout for pervs and wierdos who are responsible for a whole lot of nasty mess....

Then the cops should know just where to look right?  Kinda like a  bug zapper.  

I mean the pervs and wierdos are out there doing thier freak with or without a dildo shop.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:45:38 AM EDT
[#42]
I wonder if you are allowed to sell sex toys on ebay?  I know you cannot sell firearm magazines...
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:46:14 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And gangs use guns to kill people... guess we should follow the same logic right...?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:48:46 AM EDT
[#44]
So, are people from Bama being forced to buy used sex toys in order to ensure that they are "pre-ban"?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:50:20 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Let the pervs and wierdos hang out in the sex shops. It keeps them out of the restrooms at the mall and the interstate rest areas.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:52:01 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Let the pervs and wierdos hang out in the sex shops. It keeps them out of the restrooms at the mall and the interstate rest areas.

Don't forget public parks.

They go to those other places too.

A lot.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:52:03 AM EDT
[#47]
They just outlawed "evil black sex toys". More people were getting hurt with them.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:03:12 AM EDT
[#48]
What's the mark down on used toys?

Only slightly used and never dropped.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:06:44 AM EDT
[#49]
They (local law enforcement) actually raided a Spencer's in the mall here and confiscated the "personal massagers".  It made the TV news and the news paper.  People acted outraged cause they didn't know such things were sold in our mall.  I collapsed into fits of laughter.  I am a stauch neo-con but I just can't conceive of a time when one of these things jumps off the shelf, grabs some C-cells and goes on a rampage.   My wife has suggested that we take the guns out of the safe and put our collection of "un-metionables" in it.  I said no, we will just buy another safe.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:10:24 AM EDT
[#50]
That's what irritates me about Republicans.  Whenever they do manage to eke out a plurality by promising tax cuts and reducing government intervention in your life, the first thing they do is try to get the fucking Gestapo into your bedroom.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top