Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2006 1:38:03 AM EDT
I read so much stuff about people boycotting certain arms manufactures for various reason.  I want to know why people boycott certain manufacturers because I want to be an informed consumer. Please tell me the firearms companies that you boycott and why?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:44:16 AM EDT
[#1]
my current boycot is with Ruger.  They still have a stupid anti-civilian stance on high-cap mags and folding stocks.  There are rumors of Colt dropping it's somewhat anti-civilian stance, S&W as come around nicely.  Can't think of any others right now.  People may bitch about HK, but that's a whole different debate, and if StyerAUG shows up he'll explain it rather nicely.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:44:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm currently boycotting Tampa, however this is not firearms-related nor very logical.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:51:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Barbara Boxer shorts
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:45:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm boycotting work!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:48:07 AM EDT
[#5]
not really a manufaturing company, but none the less a major disrtributor of firearms and such. Aim Surplus will never see a dime from me. i dont care if others have had positive dealings with them, they havn't had the experience that i had. absolutely horrible customer service. maybe i caught a guy while he was having a bad day, still enough to lose my business forever!! Oh and Impact Guns. after placing an order during a sale, completing the order and sending my money in (and boy were they quick to respond to my email asking for their mailing address) they wrote me an email telling me i couldn't have the item for the sale price and tried to persuade me from a bushmaster to something else. took a while to get my money refunded. not too big of a deal but i was still disappointed.

i do like firequest.com, they have cool brass knuckles.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:51:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:57:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Best Buy because their customer service is non-existant
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:20:51 AM EDT
[#8]
I am boycotting Colt because I don't have enough money to buy one.I am also boycotting Ferrari,Lamborghini,Rolex and Toll Brothers.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:23:05 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Build a Bear  

Pure, unadulterated EVIL!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:35:11 AM EDT
[#10]
NAACP is still boycotting South Carolina last heard
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:38:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Not firearm related but I'm boycotting Sony because of the "rootkit" DRM that they distributed on their CDs recently.

- CD
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:41:30 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
                          Best Buy because their customer service is non-existant

+100    
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:45:36 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm boycotting Pizza Hut because they fired a delivery man here in Indiana after he lawfully shot and killed a would be armed robber. They say it's against their policy to have armed delevery men. Nevermind they have Queen Latifah (or however you spell it) as a spokeslady for their commercials, and she has previously been arrested for illegal weapons possession.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:45:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Model 1 sales and robinson arms.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:53:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Oldsmobile, Ladysmith Black Mambazo, The Principality of Liechtenstein, people who wear aviator sunglasses other than me, and Ed from Venedocia, Ohio.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:07:40 AM EDT
[#16]
I'd boycott stupid people, but it would mean I'd never leave my house.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:24:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Thompson Electronics (GE,RCA,Proscan)

I bought a RCA DVD player back when they still cost $400. It crapped out on me after 9 months. The company refused to do anything for me except to send my unit back (I pay shipping) with a check for $100 and they would send me a REFURBISHED model. I told the guy where to stick it and hung up. They haven't seen a cent from me in almost 10 yrs.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:32:08 AM EDT
[#18]
I boycotting ARFCOM.  They keep giving me these stupid "You must wait such and such seconds before posting again" messages.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:52:39 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I'm currently boycotting Tampa, however this is not firearms-related nor very logical.

I'm boycotting Citgo.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:54:06 AM EDT
[#20]
I am boycotting pants, Spam, weasels (excepting stoats), The Moon and buggery.  Not necessarily in that order.

BC
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top