Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:42:47 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Hey, Glock. Hang in there. I got my ass handed to me in December and 10 weeks later I rebounded in a most amazing way. Every slammed door is another opportunity. Go out and make them regret having gotten rid of you!

I am. I'm bringing a WHOLE BUNCH of CRITICAL people with me to my new company from my old one.

Thanks man... I'm starting to get some leads together now.
I appreciate the support.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:44:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Sorry you got laid off but man you need to just let it go and realize that it is probably the best thing to happen. I got laid of two years ago from a job that I worked at for 10 years. We made money for the first 8 years I was there then the last two we did not make it. I survived a few rounds of layoffs but then I got cut. When I walked out I was happy. Happy that I did not have to go to that place again. It was a load off of my back.

If Sony is as bad as you make it out just be glad you will have the opprotunity to find a better job at a better company. Look at this as the best thing that can happen. You have a whole new world of opprotunity opening up for you. Enjoy!

Thnx man...
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:21:58 PM EDT
[#3]
As far as the xbox and ps3 goes... as far as I'm concerned consol games are done... when The thing costs as much as a computer its time to just buy a computer! I have little brothers that are really into consol games and only thier rich buddys got an x360 because most parents simply wont buy them due to cost. Computer games are cheaper most of the time anyway.

Sorry ya lost your job man but look at it this way.... It was only going to get worse. would you rather put in 5 years and still have nothing?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:58:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
As far as the xbox and ps3 goes... as far as I'm concerned consol games are done... when The thing costs as much as a computer its time to just buy a computer! I have little brothers that are really into consol games and only thier rich buddys got an x360 because most parents simply wont buy them due to cost. Computer games are cheaper most of the time anyway.

Sorry ya lost your job man but look at it this way.... It was only going to get worse. would you rather put in 5 years and still have nothing?

Good point, sooner is better as the market seems to be recovering nicely.
And your right, concole gaming is fun, but real gamers do it on the PC.

I'm no gamer, but I have enjoyed the occaisional round of BF2, or UT2004.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:01:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey dude, hang tough. If it makes you feel any better, I've been fired plenty of times. When it was happening, it sucked and I thought things couldn't get any worse. BUT every time it happened to me, I bounced back and found bigger and better opportunities. I can honestly say that a couple of times I got canned it was the best thing that had ever happened to me (in retrospect, of course), even though at the time it totally blew.

Quoted:
What really pisses me off is how anti gun Sony is!!!

Here is a really good reason to never buy anything SONY again. Got any details?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:02:34 PM EDT
[#6]
When X-Box1 came out it was $400.00.  When X360 came out it was what $450.00.  I say that sounds normal to me.  When NeoGeo came out in the ninteys it was like $600.00.  My Sega Genesis was $300.00 when I bought it.  If you compare what the console systems of today are capable of to what you got for the same relative price 10 years ago, $450.00 is a small price to pay.

If you can find me a computer that can run the top computer games that are coming out today for anywhere near the price of a console system I'll shit in my pants.

Console systems are far from done.  It is still too difficult to get together with you buddies and play vids on a computer unless you are all on your own system.  The beauty of the console is that you can have fun in a group.

Back to the topic....Sony Blows and XBox360 will dominate PS3!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:08:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Hey, at least the X360 doesn't come with a Batwing.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:10:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

sony will have to get it's comeuppance in some other way because xbox 360 will NEVER kick ps3's ass.  hell, it doesn't even kick ps2's ass.  

You Sir, are an idiot.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:57:52 PM EDT
[#9]
OK guys, enough with the damned PS3-vs- Xbox360, I frankly dont care that much.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top