Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2006 4:35:14 PM EDT

They parked in our hangar.  Their aircrew needed to use our sim.  

Me In Kuwait

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:46:32 PM EDT
[#1]
The JATO is the best part of the show.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:52:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:56:59 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

It is, but She's the only bird in the fleet(USN) so equipped.  She doesn't even belong to the USMC..
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:01:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey Orrdy,

I think you got a fingerprint on it

Cool pics
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:03:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Hey Orrdy,

I think you got a fingerprint on it

Cool pics

Yeah, They sure keep her clean!  I got some great pics of my daughter in the left seat.  She thought it was the coolest thing in the world tosit in the cockpit.

The tube is modified for comfort.  There's couches, and nice tool boxes.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:05:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Saw it today.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:16:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Did they have the observation bubble in the center escape hatch?

I got to do a rocket ride on Fat Albert back in 1999 at the Saturday evening twilight show at MCAS Miramar.

Landing on skis at the South Pole is a distant second on the things I have done in a C-130.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:24:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is, but She's the only bird in the fleet(USN) so equipped.  She doesn't even belong to the USMC..

That's because the Navy and the Marines didn't want the Marines to give up a KC-130T to be Fat Albert.

Fat Albert has been either a Navy or a Marine C-130 at one time or another.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:51:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's because the Navy and the Marines didn't want the Marines to give up a KC-130T to be Fat Albert.

Fat Albert has been either a Navy or a Marine C-130 at one time or another.  

Actually all the Navy birds are T models.  Just not configured with IFR pods.  We rigged one of ours last year to tank, the USMC called us and asked for their pods back.  And you are correct, they need those tanking birds right now.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:52:46 PM EDT
[#10]
No bubble.  You were an "Ice Nazi"?  VXE-6?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top