Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2006 11:59:43 AM EDT
...and if so, what were the results?  great?  crap?  killed the family parakeet?

thanks
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:00:38 PM EDT
[#1]
IB Napolean Tanerite.

So what did you do and what died?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:09:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
IB Napolean Tanerite.

So what did you do and what died?

I haven't done it yet.  I'm thinking about smearing the shit all over the glass shower door, where the hard water tends to leave residue.  I just don't want to (a) waste my time and/or (b) die from inhaling fumes.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:11:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Bathroom mirrors

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:14:13 PM EDT
[#4]
use of any product other than its intended use is prohibited and subject to....
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:15:28 PM EDT
[#5]
i put it on my shower shave mirror.  it cut down on the fogging quite a bit
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:16:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
use of any product other than its intended use is prohibited and subject to....

Penalty under Federal Law.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:17:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I haven't other than the car (put it on ALL the windows, it really helped)...

But, I'm thinking of throwing some on all my house windows (exterior).  Should last for a while there.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:21:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Rain-X is to sheet water, they have a special product to limit fogging (Fog-X?) IIRC
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:22:23 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Rain-X is to sheet water, they have a special product to limit fogging (Fog-X?) IIRC

maybe... i just grabbed some rainx out of my car wash bucket and gave it a shot.  i'd say it cut the fog 50%
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:33:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I ride motorcycles and have put it on my helmet visor and in the rain it worked great much easier to see
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:40:19 PM EDT
[#11]
We put it on the cabs of our equipment so dust does not stick to the glass.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:44:29 PM EDT
[#12]
I think they do recomend it for shower doors and exterior windows.  My MIL used it and it worked pretty good. but it does not last forever and you should only use it on glass, never or any poly type panes.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:50:17 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I think they do recomend it for shower doors and exterior windows.  My MIL used it and it worked pretty good. but it does not last forever and you should only use it on glass, never or any poly type panes.

That's for sure.

I used the anti-fog stuff on my deer stand windows years ago.

Big mistake. I should have just spread butter on them.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:50:55 PM EDT
[#14]

Do not use it on the inside of your car windshield! The fog beads up and won't evaporate like the fog does from the defrosters, takes foooorrrrreeeevvveeerrrr.  The anti fog stuff works well though and I swear by the regular Rain-X on all outside glass, amazing stuff!  I'd be really careful of the fumes if you apply it inside, make sure you have a good fan blowing it out.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:55:06 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's for sure.

I used the anti-fog stuff on my deer stand windows years ago.

Big mistake. I should have just spread butter on them.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:55:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Ive heard of guys putting it on their Eotechs.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:55:37 PM EDT
[#17]
I use it on my 1/2 shield visor when I play hockey.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:03:40 PM EDT
[#18]
I put it on all my ammo so when I shoot in the rain my bullets stay dry
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:10:16 PM EDT
[#19]
I put it on the inside of the shower door. It makes it bead up good and I still have to sqeegie (sp?) it because there is no wind to make it roll off like the windshield.  Guess I could hook a fan up in there.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:40:28 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I ride motorcycles and have put it on my helmet visor and in the rain it worked great much easier to see

On my two week cross country motorcycle ride, I put Rainx on two Shoei helmet visors (on my spare too). I had forgotten I had it packed in my tank bag, and we were expecting more rain for the next day..so I thought I would give it a shot. I carefully applied it to clean visors and put a few applications on with a soft cloth. I applied Rainx on my visors only after about the 40% point of my 6,000 mile ride.

It's didn't make a difference in the rain, I still need to turn my head sideways in the rain to clear the visor of water drops. Plus my wet weather gloves had a mini rubber squeegee sewn onto one of the index finger to wipe the visor clear.

I actually think Rainx contributed to ruining a new $50 MIRRORED visor. I switched to my clear visor when it got dark, and the next day, when I switched back to the mirrored visor for riding into the sun, the mirrored coating on the new visor began to flake off small spots here and there.          

It didn't do crap for plastic, but it does work well on the car windshield. I used on the cars for years. I don't think that the plasitc visors have those microscopic pores that rainx smooths over for water droplets. It didn't do crap for the plastice visors from Shoei.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:58:37 PM EDT
[#21]
A friend told me it made a great personal lubricant.

I was misinformed.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:09:29 PM EDT
[#22]
I wonder if it works on glasses.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:15:57 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I was misinformed.

You need new friends.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:26:54 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I was misinformed.

You ass still hurt?

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:31:01 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Ive heard of guys putting it on their Eotechs.

Damn, I was going to say I put it on my Eothingy as a joke.

Ok, so I put it on my tactical stop watch.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:35:18 PM EDT
[#26]
i used it for years on my cheap ass motorcycle visors with no problems
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:48:17 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I put it on the inside of the shower door. It makes it bead up good and I still have to sqeegie (sp?) it because there is no wind to make it roll off like the windshield.  Guess I could hook a fan up in there.

That's what I was hoping to read.

Whee!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:18:26 PM EDT
[#28]
I use it only for my car. But for thr people using it in the shower for mirrors, there is something much better and you probably have it in the bathroom already. Shaving cream rubbed on mirror and wiped will not fog not matter how much fog you produce
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:28:21 PM EDT
[#29]
I use plastic polish on my helmet visors.  

We used it in the AF to clean our plexiglass status boards.  

Supposed to be for aircraft canopys but it works good for other things.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:05:37 PM EDT
[#30]
I put it on my butt to keep the splash off.  JK

That anti-fog crap doesn't work too good on windsheilds. I tried it once on one of my vehicles and visibility went to about one yard. It was like having Crisco smeared all over the windshield.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:09:19 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I wonder if it works on glasses.  

It does, I used to put it on my glasses before I went out into the field.  Of course, these were prescription "Ranger goggles" tied to my head with 550.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top