Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 3/19/2006 11:49:27 AM EDT
I don't have kids, nor do I have any desire for them, so maybe I am having a tough time understanding this..... why do parents allow kids to SHREIK in public?

I have a hard time going anywhere without some little BRAT screaming at the top of their lungs with an ear piercing wail that can only be described as a sound a dying cat WISHES it could make!

And the parents do nothing!  If they do anything at all they just SHH the little bastard to no avail.

I remember when I was growing up my old man would knock the shit out of me if i even so much thought about pulling shit like that.

Has the last child to feel discipline already grown up, and every child from now on will be a screaming brat, or what?

What is the logic behind parents letting their brat kids RUIN life for everyone around them?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:50:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Solution -

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:51:01 AM EDT
[#2]
You probably don't do too well around public parks or playgrounds.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:51:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I remember getting smacked for trying that,so thats what i will do to my son when he trys it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:52:54 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

or resturaunts, movie theaters, side walks, malls, stores, ect.  the little bastards are everywhere!!!

my trip to the GA aquarium was significantly less enjoyable because of those ever present screaming kids.

and adair_usmc:  i STILL have scars on my ass from my dad's belt!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:53:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Draw down on them little fkers!!!

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:54:47 AM EDT
[#6]
call police, TASER
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:58:22 AM EDT
[#7]
I hate children too.  Stupid and noisy.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:01:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Love your children? Prove it by beating them.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:02:28 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

or resturaunts, movie theaters, side walks, malls, stores, ect.  the little bastards are everywhere!!!

my trip to the GA aquarium was significantly less enjoyable because of those ever present screaming kids.

and adair_usmc:  i STILL have scars on my ass from my dad's belt!

Hell, when I go to a zoo, aquarium or similar place I like to follow around the field trips that are there.  The screaming rugrats add to the experience in my mind.

Granted, at restraunts and movie theaters I often wonder about the legality of tranqulizer darts used against humans.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:03:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Sadly it is a different world.  Thank god my fiance's kids don't do that shit.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:07:18 PM EDT
[#11]
What are these "kids" you speak of???
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:09:51 PM EDT
[#12]
This is why I give 70% of my income to support abortion-on-demand rights for as young as 13.  

Cull the field a little.

Next I'll be working on Retroactive Abortion...
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:09:57 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you are rather frustrated and angry a lot. It's going to be OK. It amazes me that a little kid has so much power over you that the little thing can ruin your whole day.
Sometimes kids just scream. Especially two/three year olds. Conventional wisdom says to ignore that kind of behavior. If they get attention for it (positive or negative) it reinforces the behavior.

That said, some parents are too indulgent. Some kids are out of control. I'm not against spanking if it's done right, and not out of anger. Spanking a kid for screaming will just make them cry. That's pretty noisy too. Then if you punish them for crying because they are in pain, they grow up unable to understand their own feelings. That's one of the things that can lead to borderline type personalities.
I'm generalizing a little bit, but I'm just trying to make a broad point.
Don't let little stuff get to you. Everything is going to be fine. The Earth is still spinning, the sun will rise tomorrow, and pie is still plentiful.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:12:45 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Solution -

www.sovaleather.com/Emensbltfrntbig1.jpg

Worked on me and my brothers and sister.

Can't do that in many places today because busybodys will accuse you of child abuse.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:13:39 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you are rather frustrated and angry a lot. It's going to be OK. It amazes me that a little kid has so much power over you that the little thing can ruin your whole day.
Sometimes kids just scream. Especially two/three year olds. Conventional wisdom says to ignore that kind of behavior. If they get attention for it (positive or negative) it reinforces the behavior.

That said, some parents are too indulgent. Some kids are out of control. I'm not against spanking if it's done right, and not out of anger. Spanking a kid for screaming will just make them cry. That's pretty noisy too. Then if you punish them for crying because they are in pain, they grow up unable to understand their own feelings. That's one of the things that can lead to borderline type personalities.
Don't let little stuff get to you. Everything is going to be fine. The Earth is still spinning, the sun will rise tomorrow, and pie is still plentiful.

that's some new age bullshit if i've ever heard it.  i got the crap smacked out of me when i tried to pull that shit as a kid, and it stopped it right quick.

i think one of the biggest problems in this country right now is parents trying to be buddies with their kids.  of course parents should love them, but they still need to have discipline for their little angels
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:17:33 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

that's some new age bullshit if i've ever heard it.  i got the crap smacked out of me when i tried to pull that shit as a kid, and it stopped it right quick.

Would this method also work to slow the rate of your post whoring?

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:17:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Once I was old enough to understand that screaming and crying in public was not acceptable my old man used to apply a little "USMC uniform belt" to my ass.
It took a few applications for me to learn.

Until the child is old enough to know that screaming and crying in public is not an acceptable behavior then the shithead parents of the little bastard need a little "USMC uniform belt" applied to their asses.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:18:08 PM EDT
[#18]
In today's society, putting your hands on your kid in public will most likely result in a visit from the cops.

THere are some states with laws against spanking (MD being one of them).

THat being said, I have smaked my daughter on the butt in public for bad behavior, and have not had to suffer the wrath of the anti-spanking crowd.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:19:43 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Once I was old enough to understand that screaming and crying in public was not acceptable my old man used to apply a little "USMC uniform belt" to my ass.

Until the child is old enough to know that screaming and crying in public is not an acceptable behavior then the shithead parents of the little bastard need a little "USMC uniform belt" applied to their asses.

you don't take a dog in public if the dog bites people and pisses on the floor.  if you can not control your child, you should not be taking them in public.  if you can't find a sitter: tough shit.  maybe you shoulda thought of that before squeezing out the little brat.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:26:31 PM EDT
[#20]
I posted the other day that we were expecting our first child, and I think you ( Napoleon) congratulated us. For that, thanks again. This is somthing me and Mrs(?)Treeman have talked about, and agreed we are not going to tolerate. I told her if we are in a resturant, and the baby starts to scream/cry/yell, and all the other irritating things they are capable of, I will carry the baby outside, and she can eat dinner(at her own pace), then come out, and I will go in and finish my dinner. If the kid acts like a shithead in Mcdonalds, guess what, no more mcdonalds. I may be wrong, I have no real experience with this, but I think eventually the kid will get the hint, be good, and it will get to enjoy a lot of things, be bad, and it will spend a lot of time with a sore ass, and sitting in the car, or at home eating or-ida's, and somthing besides a Mcdonalds cheese burger. JMO
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:28:25 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

you don't take a dog in public if the dog bites people and pisses on the floor.  if you can not control your child, you should not be taking them in public.  if you can't find a sitter: tough shit.  maybe you shoulda thought of that before squeezing out the little brat.

What constitutes 'control'? An infant will cry for many different reasons....hunger, tired, awake, not hungry, wet, not wet, and just because they want to. And you cannot control it.
Young children on the other hand ,can control it. Which are you talking about? I can gaurentee you that you acted up in public as a child. Every child has at some point.
If you mean to say that parents of newborns and infants should stayed locked up, you are an idiot.

And I can take my child anywhere I damn well please in public, and if she is working somethin out of her system, and it bothers you tough shit. I am the one who decids if her behavior warrants punishment, not you. If you don't like it, keep your sorry ass at home.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:29:59 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I posted the other day that we were expecting our first child, and I think you ( Napoleon) congratulated us. For that, thanks again. This is somthing me and Mrs(?)Treeman have talked about, and agreed we are not going to tolerate. I told her if we are in a resturant, and the baby starts to scream/cry/yell, and all the other irritating things they are capable of, I will carry the baby outside, and she can eat dinner(at her own pace), then come out, and I will go in and finish my dinner. If the kid acts like a shithead in Mcdonalds, guess what, no more mcdonalds. I may be wrong, I have no real experience with this, but I think eventually the kid will get the hint, be good, and it will get to enjoy a lot of things, be bad, and it will spend a lot of time with a sore ass, and sitting in the car, or at home eating or-ida's, and somthing besides a Mcdonalds cheese burger. JMO

THANK YOU!

i wish all parents had the same attitude!  i really think that a lot of people get into the parent business thinking that their life will be the same, they will just have a kid to tote around everywhere.  it's nice to see people actually planning on how to PROPERLY bring their child into a social situation, and congrats again on the new arrival.

please don't interpret me as a child hater.... i'm a mis-behavior hater.  i have no problem with quite, well behaved children.  it's the obnoxious ones that make me insane
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:30:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:32:12 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
i3.photobucket.com/albums/y88/cyrax777/108745628.jpg

how did you get one of my childhood pictures?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:32:41 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i think one of the biggest problems in this country right now is parents trying to be buddies with their kids.  of course parents should love them, but they still need to have discipline for their little angels

Yeah.  Because beating the snot out of a two year old for not being in total control of their reactions and vocalizations is the best method on earth to teach them.  Kids make noise.  If the venue is one where quiet is expected then I'll take the kid out to the car and have a "talk".  If it's in the middle of a store or sidewalk and she's just being noisy about something then tough.  I have to hear other stuff that I don't like in public too.  Cars with loud exhuast, Harley motorcycles, Rap music, Jazz in elevators, people speaking other languages, self-important loud assholes on phones, construction noise from neighbors in the summer, people who cuss like the table next to me is in thier home dinning room, and on and on.  

If she's throwing a fit to get attention then I don't give her attention.  If she does that where people are there for peace and quiet then I leave and deal with it outside.... or should I not do it there in case you are walking on the sidewalk either?

We reserve physical disipline for outright defiance or things that threaten her safety if continued.  We have not yet had anyone tell us we we were being to easy on her.  Most people think I'm too hard.  I ask her to do what I know she capable of, but she's 2 and I don't expect or demand PERFECT even in public.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:33:00 PM EDT
[#26]
When my daughter was an infant and began to scream one of us took her from the room until she calmed down.  If she did not settle down pretty quickly we would just leave.  We left several partially finished meals when she was that age.

Once she was old enough to understand, she was not allowed to act out in public.  It is common social courtesy to make efforts to not disturb others.  Our society has become too "me" oriented.  Our daughter (now ten) has been taught to watch out for others, consider others feelings and protect the weak and innocent.  

She behaves in public now without being told.  She comments on the appaling behavior of other kids.  And last year at her school a popular boy in her class was picking on a new girl with a differnet accent in a lower grade.  My daughter stopped him.  When he tried to turn is bullying on her, a couple of her friends stepped in to back her up.  

We have had discussions and role played this very thing.  I am proud of her.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:33:15 PM EDT
[#27]
They are rearing future Hurrcane football players. That's how many of them got started
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:38:39 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

That's about all you can do.  Just know that there will be times when you just have to let people around you not like it though.  I try to make sure we don't ruin anyone's evening but sometimes it's not possible to just jump up and dash the kid out.  You have to deal with it there.

You are right on track with that though.  I'd reserve the spanking for things that are serious.  Our girl knows that once I say the "spanking" word it's time to muster everything she has to get back in line.  I don't use that for all her issues though as it lowers it's effect over time.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:42:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Back at-cha, Why do you think I waited until I was 36, and if things went as planned, it would have been around 40.(I liked kids to an extent) I have lived a pretty good bachelor lifestyle, for the last several years, and if I were having a party, or going to a party/get together, the kids had a lot to do with my decision on whether to go, or whether to invite a paticular couple. I would never spank another person's kid, but have on many occasions either told the kid to be quite, or ask mom or dad, to control their kid. On one occasion, this little brat kept hitting and pulling on my Lab's ears, I told the parents you do somthing, or I will. They ask me to put the dog up! They soon left the party, and the Lab, carried on, playing with the good kids, and having a good time. We aren't really close to that couple anymore, neither  are our other friends, their kids make it impossible to be around them, and they seem blind to it all, and think they have the sweetest children. I hope I'm wrong, but their kids, will probably be in jail, or still living with them until they are in their 40s.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:43:33 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I agree 100%
I have kids, now grown and they pulled that shit ONCE. That was the end of that bullshit right there. And I didn't have to beat them to get the point across.

Problem is the parents are total asshats who think being a parent is making a baby. And then they put their child's obnoxious behavior above every single living thing on Earth.   Then there are the obnoxious kids who roam around the restaraunt being obnoxious. Well, I got news for you parents, junior isn't cute, and everyone in the place would like to throttle them and you. Assholes.

Everything anymore is about self indulgence and selfishness, me, me, me....and your average asshole with piss poor self esteem and other mental health issues thinks the rest of us are there for their amusement.  IMO the problem began with "tolerance" which basically means that the asshats get to take over scoiety and the rest of us are just supposed to deal with that.  This whole "no one deserves to be hit" thing is BS also. A good asskicking would be just the thing for some of these dirtbags.  Whole nation, hell the whole planet, would be better off.

Beat the fucking parents, that is what I say. At the least, everyone should just tell them to fuck off. Everyone in the place. And yeah, I've done it.

And there is a huge difference between a restaurant or theater and a park or pool, etc. If you buttholes can't figure out the difference keep your obnoxious ADD/ODD fucking brats at home, you're a POS as a parent.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:45:22 PM EDT
[#31]
True story…

I decided to take a friend's four boys Christmas shopping. Before we went in the store I carefully explained that their behavior reflected on the adult they are with. That means that if they misbehaved it would embarrass me…

And if they embarrassed me I would embarrass them. I would drag them to the Barbie section of the store and buy them a frilly dress as their Christmas gift. Then I would make them wear it, take their picture, print out a hundred copies, and put the pictures up all around their school.

All four marched behind me like little ducklings.

The problem with kids is that you don't know when they will behave and when they won't. What's worse is that trying to discipline in a store often make it worse. The kid knows they are embarrassing the parent and use that embarrassment as a weapon.

My mother's solution was simple She would just whisper, "Behave or I'll beat you when you get home." We put her to the test once… Once. Never did it again cause she wasn't kidding.

(The Wal-Mart where I live was thoughtful enough to put the belt section right across from the toy section. Sometimes a misbehaving kid will straighten out when you take them to the belt section for some shopping. "Hey kid, I bet these metal studs would really hurt. What do you think?")

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:52:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:58:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Yep it works.

Have a keyword, mine is you want to be Counselled(ass whooping)

Dont yell at the kids, just politly remove them from the store into the restroom and give them a chance to repent

If they continue to be defiant, whoop that ass!!!!

After the counselling/whooping is over give, them time to get a themselves back together/wipe the tears from their eyes etc.

Remind them that you still love them, even thogh they wish you were dead and continue shopping/movie etc.

It sucks being a parent sometimes, and I am by no means a perfect parent.

Remember the two rules when disiplining your kid.
1. Remain calm and have a plan and execute it the same every time...never ever give them a break or be soft.
2. Never disipline your kid in anger, its hard not to do when you in town etc, but your the parent, take your time let him cry some more and then let him or her know its ass whoopping time.

So far its worked for me both my kids are gonna be Star Scouts next month(2 ranks from Eagle Scout)
and I have never had to get them out of juvie hall.

FREE

Quoted:

Quoted:
Solution -

www.sovaleather.com/Emensbltfrntbig1.jpg

Worked on me and my brothers and sister.

Can't do that in many places today because busybodys will accuse you of child abuse.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:00:29 PM EDT
[#34]
I can't stand the whiny screaming bastards and despise the parents that let them get away with it. Unfortunately public flogging is illegal and to even say a word to the inconsiderate moronic parents will either do no good or just cause more trouble.
My solution? I avoid anywhere the snot nosed loudmouthed ankle biters might be.
Damn, I sound a bit bitter don't I?

BTW, no kids here (and in the spirit of the season, no deduction for them either)
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:11:10 PM EDT
[#35]

If more parents put those electric shock dog collars on their kids, and pressed the button whenever their little angels throw a hissy fit in public, this kind of stuff wouldn't happen.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:16:20 PM EDT
[#36]

Non-parents are funny....
"Control"
<snarf>

That's just FUNNY!!!!!!!!

Newsflash, when you were a kid, you embarrassed your parents on occasion and misbehaved (some of you more than others).

Your kids are here to seek retribution for your parents' duress dealt out by your small pre-pubescent hands.
Get used to the idea.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:21:29 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

"Control"
<snarf>

Newsflash, when you were a kid, you embarrassed your parents on occasion and misbehaved (some of you more than others).

Your kids are here to seek retribution for your parents' duress dealt out by your small pre-pubescent hands.
Get used to the idea.

Now why does that not surprise me?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:29:39 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Control"
<snarf>

Get used to the idea.

Your kids have NEVER screamed, NEVER thrown a tantrum, NEVER said ANYTHING out of turn???
If not, then I will say congrats on your perfect offspring.
When my son was barely 3 years old he threw the mother of all tantrums in a store because I would not buy him a toy. Out of nowhere, he did this: he'd never misbehaved before...it's called being a CHILD.
Come on children are not ALWAYS perfect. They can and WILL do things that embarrass you. You deal with it.
To sit here, as a non-parent and say "My kid will NEVER throw a tantrum in public" is not only stupid, but nearly BEGGING for a brat from hell to be born to you!

And FTR??? My kids behave better in public than most "ADULTS" do.
But, like adults, they too have their bad days.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:44:54 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Control"
<snarf>

Get used to the idea.

Your kids have NEVER screamed, NEVER thrown a tantrum, NEVER said ANYTHING out of turn???
If not, then I will say congrats on your perfect offspring.
When my son was barely 3 years old he threw the mother of all tantrums in a store because I would not buy him a toy. Out of nowhere, he did this: he'd never misbehaved before...it's called being a CHILD.
Come on children are not ALWAYS perfect. They can and WILL do things that embarrass you. You deal with it.
To sit here, as a non-parent and say "My kid will NEVER throw a tantrum in public" is not only stupid, but nearly BEGGING for a brat from hell to be born to you!

And FTR??? My kids behave better in public than most "ADULTS" do.
But, like adults, they too have their bad days.

Of course they are not always perfect. They are kids but there is a limit and a line. They crossed it once(as I said) and it NEVER happened again.

I do believe in spanking as a vital tool in parenting but it is a last resort. My experieince was that one or two swats was all it ever took to get the point across and I did so very, very rarely. They just need to understand that at the end of the line it is there.

In the circumstance noted above, I did NOT spank my kids. But they got punished and they didn't go out to dinner(a big treat for them) for 2 months. That was the major part of the punishment and we stuck to it. It got the point across and we didn't have further problems like that ever.

Problem is people don't realize parenting starts day 1 and part of that is discipline. If you wait until they are 3 to lay the law down, or later, there are going to be problems. I love the stories about the 1st graders still in diapers and such shit.

We had many compliments on our children's behavior when we went out to eat, etc but we spent a lot of time with our kids, played with them, etc and also set down guidelines for them to adhere to.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:48:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:56:58 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Of course they are not always perfect. They are kids but there is a limit and a line. They crossed it once(as I said) and it NEVER happened again.

I do believe in spanking as a vital tool in parenting but it is a last resort. My experieince was that one or two swats was all it ever took to get the point across and I did so very, very rarely. They just need to understand that at the end of the line it is there.

In the circumstance noted above, I did NOT spank my kids. But they got punished and they didn't go out to dinner(a big treat for them) for 2 months. That was the major part of the punishment and we stuck to it. It got the point across and we didn't have further problems like that ever.

Problem is people don't realize parenting starts day 1 and part of that is discipline. If you wait until they are 3 to lay the law down, or later, there are going to be problems. I love the stories about the 1st graders still in diapers and such shit.

We had many compliments on our children's behavior when we went out to eat, etc but we spent a lot of time with our kids, played with them, etc and also set down guidelines for them to adhere to.

So why the at my post??? My point to the NON PARENTS claiming that they will have these perfect little scrubbed faced pod children is that they are setting themselves up for MASSIVE dissapointment. Kids WILL MISBEHAVE.
I've spanked my kids' butts when they've needed it. I've denied priviledges as well. To minimize collateral damage, I've also made it a point to not take them shopping during regular meal/nap times and have not taken them to restaurants that are not family style places.
Tell you the truth, Dr. Jarhead, I deal with the public regularly. I have more problems with rude adults than I do with a crying 18month old.
But then, I expect more from humans once they master the pincer grasp and potty training.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:59:05 PM EDT
[#42]
not all kids scream in public.. its a genetic thing...
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:59:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Kids under the age of 10 should be banned from all nice resturaunts I hate eating a dinner at Outback, spend $60 on a meal only to have it ruined by some brat at the next table.  If your kid can't keep from screaming you should stay at home.

I would rather eat next to a chain smoker.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:00:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Each of my kids threw precisely one fit in public each.  I did nothing as in this day and age doing even the slightest can draw negative attention to the parent.  Believe you me, these kids are brain washed with how to make their parents lives hell from preschool age on.

When the tantrum began I would merely point my finger and say calmly "When we get home I'm going to spank you until you can't sit down" and then continue my shopping as quickly as possible.

When we got home I followed through with my threat.

Now all I have to do when one of my kids begin to start a tantrum [believe it or not the teenagers still need reminders] is point my finger at them.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:17:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Don't take your screaming children to the expensive Italian restaurant I'm shelling out $150 for, alright?  Just don't do it.  If you can afford to take them there, you can afford a fucking babysitter.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:20:19 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Don't take your screaming children to the expensive Italian restaurant I'm shelling out $150 for, alright?  Just don't do it.  If you can afford to take them there, you can afford a fucking babysitter.

What she said.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:24:54 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So why the at my post??? My point to the NON PARENTS claiming that they will have these perfect little scrubbed faced pod children is that they are setting themselves up for MASSIVE dissapointment. Kids WILL MISBEHAVE.
I've spanked my kids' butts when they've needed it. I've denied priviledges as well. To minimize collateral damage, I've also made it a point to not take them shopping during regular meal/nap times and have not taken them to restaurants that are not family style places.
Tell you the truth, Dr. Jarhead, I deal with the public regularly. I have more problems with rude adults than I do with a crying 18month old.
But then, I expect more from humans once they master the pincer grasp and potty training.

Hahahah. You give them too much credit!
Take my word for it.

And I do not blame the kids, I blame the parents. Show me a messed up kid and I will show you shitty parents. Everytime. If they weren't the kids, one, wouldn't act like that. Two, would have been left at home.

Sure, they are going to push their limits once in awhile.  LEAVE!  WTF is so hard to understand about that concept.

I have a little something to change about DKProf's idea. Put a collar on the parents and see what that does.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:28:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Like Playmore said of adults, I've seen, as I'm sure we all have, adults that would make the worst kids look good. Going to dinner, and listening to bad language, yelling across the table,and  throwing food, are things I've seen adults do in resturants. I couldn't even imagine what their children act like if they have any. Poor behavior, and bad manners, are the norm these days, and heaven forbid a business owner says somthing, or threatens to remove the people from their business, they open themselves up to all kinds of retribution, including lawsuits. I know my baby won't be perfect, and will act up, but I will do my absolute best to stop it before it starts, and won't hesitate to get up and leave a resturant. The main thing is the bad behavior won't be ignored. iIdon't want somebody's kid ruining my dinner, and I won't let mine ruin their's. I also think kids need to listen, and mind during the small things, if they don't then, will they when it counts? If your kid was going to run out in front of a car, would they listen when you say "stop!" I don't want to be overbearing, but when I say somthing, they damn well better listen, and do it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:29:48 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What she said.

What they said
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:37:23 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I can't stand the whiny screaming bastards and despise the parents that let them get away with it. Unfortunately public flogging is illegal and to even say a word to the inconsiderate moronic parents will either do no good or just cause more trouble.
My solution? I avoid anywhere the snot nosed loudmouthed ankle biters might be.
Damn, I sound a bit bitter don't I?

BTW, no kids here (and in the spirit of the season, no deduction for them either)

so where in public DO you go?  the kids are EVERYWHERE!  I can't even watch an R rated movie without someone's little angel ruining it for me.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top