Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 3/19/2006 11:15:03 AM EDT
A short History lesson for you experts out there...

The Bull breeds were originally bred to take down horses and bulls -  more specific knights on horses. 1000 years later they were bred to fight other DOGS, NOT HUMAN beings. In America, they were used on farms. In urban areas, many were used to fight other dogs. They were never bred to attack humans.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:15:38 AM EDT
[#1]
IBTL

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:16:26 AM EDT
[#2]
IBTL.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:18:27 AM EDT
[#3]
So why did they name the dog Pit if it was not for fighting in the Pits?

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:18:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Intelligent responses. I'm impressed.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:19:35 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

At least you can admit that you are a troll.

Mods, how about a lock?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:19:57 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I could name you sally if I thought that it was apprapriate enough...
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:20:32 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

"Pit" was a later useage, a slang. The AKC doesn't recognize the name "pit bull".

Like a gang member calls a gun a "gat".
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:20:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Gee, I thought knights on horses, were in fact human beings. I guess I missed something.

We all know they are just fluffy, cuddly pooches who never attack anything for any reason.

We can blame it all one the poodles.

Thanks for the lesson. I'm dim-witted.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:21:26 AM EDT
[#9]
IBTL- just to be cool
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:21:30 AM EDT
[#10]
ROUND TWO!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:21:42 AM EDT
[#11]
''SHEEP'', keep listening to the media, dont bother forming your own oppinions or actually doing some research based on real facts.

ETA: media sees 4 legs and a collar and it's a "pit bull"<-----FACT
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:22:01 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Gee, I thought knights on horses, were in fact human beings. I guess I missed something.

We all know they are just fluffy, cuddly pooches who never attack anything for any reason.

Read carefully...

Down horses, not Down horses and maul the rider.

How could a dog harm a armor ridden knight?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:22:11 AM EDT
[#13]
I want to pinch.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:22:46 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
''SHEEP'', keep listening to the media, dont bother forming your own oppinions or actually doing some research based on real facts.

All righty, I'll do that.  You let your kids (if you have them) play with your sweetie dog who never hurt anyone before.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:26:31 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

All righty, I'll do that.  You let your kids (if you have them) play with your sweetie dog who never hurt anyone before.

There are responsible dog owners and there are not. These dogs are strong.....so you have an abused dog you get an equally abused owner.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:26:51 AM EDT
[#16]
who cares how they got to become ticking time bombs of rage?  fact is, a pit bull is more likely to "go bad" than almost all other breeds. PERIOD.

that doesn't mean that a labrador, shitzu, scottish terrior, or toy poodle won't attack.  it just means that the risk factor with an agressive breed is greater.  the pit bull is the king of the agressive breeds of dogs.

why are pit bull owners too dim-witted to understand this.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:27:14 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Me too.

Knights on horses aren't men?  Machines perhaps?

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:28:09 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

At least you can admit that you are a troll.

Mods, how about a lock?

You have nothing to offer this thread, take a hike.

Also, nice to see your support for the 1st Amendment.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:28:17 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Pit" was a later useage, a slang. The AKC doesn't recognize the name "pit bull".

Like a gang member calls a gun a "gat".

Geez, I wonder if it has to do with negative contation of pit bull dog fighting. Hmmmmm.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:29:05 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
who cares how they got to become ticking time bombs of rage?  fact is, a pit bull is more likely to "go bad" than almost all other breeds. PERIOD.

that doesn't mean that a labrador, shitzu, scottish terrior, or toy poodle won't attack.  it just means that the risk factor with an agressive breed is greater.  the pit bull is the king of the agressive breeds of dogs.

Because it's bullshit.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:29:08 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me too.

Read carefully...

Down horses, not Down horses and maul the rider.

How could a dog harm a armor ridden knight?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:29:18 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me too.

"Tools"  maybe.  Thats certainly what owners of pit bulls are - Tools.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:29:57 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

But it's the medias fault.

ETA: They are ignorant because they've never owned one.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:30:03 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

You sound like Sarah Brady.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:30:27 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I think it's more of a true form a capitalism than a squash on 1st amendment rights.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:30:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Does that matter?  You said it yourself MAUL THE RIDER

MAUL.

THE.

RIDER.

I'm not dressed up in my knight's armor.  Its for special occasions only.  

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:30:54 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me too.

"Tools"  maybe.  Thats certainly what owners of pit bulls are - Tools.

x2

You have nothing to offer this thread, take a hike.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:31:05 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
IBTL- just to be cool

You aren't.

IBTL posts are a stupid waste of bandwidth and only serve to expose the ignorance and unoriginality of the poster.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:31:29 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

One more time.

Apples and oranges.

Think. Think harder.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:31:49 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
IBTL- just to be cool

You aren't.

IBTL posts are a stupid waste of bandwidth and only serve to expose the ignorance and unoriginality of the poster.

IBTL
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:32:46 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
IBTL- just to be cool

You aren't.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
IBTL- just to be cool

You aren't.

IBTL

IBTL

Nice name......your account is a complete waste of bandwith.

Grabs Popcorn.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:32:49 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Back this up with statistics.

I bet you can't.   The fact is, a pit is no more likely to go back than any other dog.   In fact, the smaller breeds are FAR more likely to become aggressive and bite.   The difference is that a pit has the size and strength to do some serious damage when it  bites.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:34:01 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

One more time.

Apples and oranges.

Think. Think harder.

Apples and Oranges?

Pit bull bannings and gun bannings have absolutely nothing in common except for the bannings, right? Oh, and the pussified gay baits that call for the bannings.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:34:24 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Stock answer.  It's your family.

There are responsible dog owners and there are not. These dogs are strong.....so you have an abused dog you get an equally abused owner.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:35:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Ban Pitbulls.....for the children.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:35:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Taking a wild guess here, but I'll bet he's gone before this thread extends 2 more pages.

HH
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:37:58 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

One more time.

Apples and oranges.

Think. Think harder.

Apples and Oranges?

Pit bull bannings and gun bannings have absolutly nothing in common except for the bannings, right? Oh, and the pussified gay baits that call for the bannings.

I've never once said they should be banned.

But again guns vs pits is apples vs oranges.

Come on. Think harder.

Try again.

ETA: Grizzly dd not say anything about banning either. Must think harder.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:39:20 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:41:31 AM EDT
[#39]
So let me get this straight. Out of all the dog breeds, pit bulls are the spawn of Satan himself. Everyone of them born is hell fury unchecked.  Every other dog breed is fine, save this one.

Can you people not see how idiotic this is? If the press was to demonize poodles tomorrow and print 2 articles a day how poodles attacked someone, would you call for their termination as well?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:41:38 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

One more time.

Apples and oranges.

Think. Think harder.

i never said that you should not be allowed to own one.  i think you should.  BUT, if you do, you need to realize that certain care must be taken to protect yourself and others.  such as, not letting your pit bull out to run the neighborhood, don't leave your 5yo in the back yard playing with "killer", and make sure you have a reliable means of confienment to keep the dog under your control.

i still don't understand how people could be so stupid to think that their pit bull would never hurt anyone.  they are big, strong, and bad-ass. and they know it!!!  if you piss it off, it will hurt you!!!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:43:40 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
IBTL- just to be cool

You aren't.

+1
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:44:05 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

The Bull breeds were originally bred to take down horses and bulls -  more specific knights on horses. 1000 years later they were bred to fight other DOGS, NOT HUMAN beings. In America, they were used on farms. In urban areas, many were used to fight other dogs. They were never bred to attack humans.

Pay attention to what you type.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:44:18 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
So let me get this straight. Out of all the dog breeds, pit bulls are the spawn of Satan himself. Everyone of them born is hell fury unchecked.  Every other dog breed is fine, save this one.

Can you people not see how idiotic this is? If the press was to demonize poodles tomorrow and print 2 articles a day how poodles attacked someone, would you call for their termination as well?

Excellent post! Thumbs up.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:45:04 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Ban children...  for the pit bulls.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:45:33 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

in a completely unrelated matter...

ban children... for my sanity
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:46:01 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:46:12 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-1,  Thumbs down
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:47:16 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pay attention to what you type.

Yes, take down the knight by taking down the horse so that the other side didn't have to, makes sense, huh? Their objective was getting the human off the horse NOT neutralizing the human.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:47:44 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-1,  Thumbs down

-87 Brazillion.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:48:22 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

How many people have been mauled and killed by poodles?

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top