Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2006 12:27:42 PM EDT
I noticed the increases people posted here on various WWB, so last week whenever I was on errands and drove by a Walmart in the area, I'd stop in quick and buy some boxes if it was still $11.34

The last store in my area that had it at $11.34 last Sunday now had it at $11.98 today.

Even buying 4 boxes in the past has gotten me questions like "What are you going to do with all that ammo?"

Last week when I brought 4 boxes, the old guy behind the counter couldn't lift all 4 at once, so he threw them one at a time up on the counter, and I had to put my hand out to stop them from sliding off the other side.

He recognized me today, and when I said I'd take another 4 boxes, he just smiled and said "How about a case? It's still cheaper than anything else.", so I just said "Eh, Why not.", and he strained and slowly lifted an unopened case onto the counter.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:31:46 PM EDT
that should hold you till next week
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:38:03 PM EDT
good man
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:59:48 PM EDT
I finally had an "interesting" WalMart experience today........I go in to buy some WWB.223, which I have been doing every payday lately........A very Senior man is working, hunched over at the back, hearing aid, etc.......there's also a lady working......she approaches me first, "may I help you?".....I say "Yes, I'd like some ammuntion.".......she says "He'll help you", and nods toward the old man......she steps aside, and starts doing some other stuff.......the old timer shuffles over and gives me the "How can I help you sir?"......I say,"I need some of that Winchester .223. And you don't have to call me sir, Sir"....(I always give the senior citizens respect).....so he's standing there, with his hands on his hips, looking for it.......while this is happening, a couple walks up and gets behind me in line......I point out where the WWB.223 is and he says...."How many?".....I say "Five boxes, please"......."You know that's 200 rounds?"....."Yes, sir".....the lady looks up, the couple exchange glances.......He says, "Five boxes is all I have"......."Well, sir, can I buy them all?"........"Sure".......So he rings them up, and I pay.......and when we're done, he just says "Happy Shooting!"............and as I walk past the couple behind me, they just stared at me.........

that experience wasn't bad at all, but I only bought 200 rnds , this time....not a case or three...
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:05:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/18/2006 2:25:07 PM EDT by azratt]
the clerk told me all ammo was to go up 68 cents a box I asked why?
she said...lol...the war is draining wallmarts supply....LMAO....NO SHIT...
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:07:08 PM EDT
Walmart by my parents stopped selling guns and barely has any ammo.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:10:53 PM EDT
Sorry, I am stupid. WWB?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:11:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Cavalry99:
Sorry, I am stupid. WWB?

Winchester White Box.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:12:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/18/2006 2:13:56 PM EDT by racer934]
WWB = Winchester White Box

54 seconds too slow.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:15:31 PM EDT
Well, there goes my last reason for doing any business with Wal Mart. If I want inexpensive household products made by Chi-Comm slaves, I can go to Target and have a much less depressing shopping experience.
Top Top