Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2006 11:57:27 AM EDT
Every evening, after sunset, Karim joins some 50 young men at checkpoints around the perimeter of the Al Jihad district in southwest Baghdad. Makeshift barricades of palm trunks, scavenged razor wire and rubble have turned this 1,500-home neighborhood into a quasi-fortress.

Karim and his band of armed neighborhood watchdogs have maintained an uneasy calm. Elsewhere, Shiites and Sunnis have become refugees in their own country, as they flee neighborhoods and outlying villages where they have found themselves members of a suddenly unwelcome minority.

www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/03/15/MNG6MHOD1T1.DTL
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:00:13 PM EDT
[#1]
How are they going to protect themselves whe we have disarmed them?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:02:15 PM EDT
[#2]
congatulations you are now a FREE and DEMOCRATIC country. Oh yeah, and one last thing, dip your finger in this purple dye and hand over the guns.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:03:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

1 gun per household.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:03:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I might be wrong, but I remember reading on here awhile back that each household could have an AK with 1 mag.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:04:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

We haven't disarmed them.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:22:57 PM EDT
[#6]
May 21, 2003
Allies to Begin Seizing Weapons From Most Iraqis
By MICHAEL R. GORDON

AGHDAD, May 20 — Iraqi citizens will be required to turn over automatic weapons and heavy weapons under a proclamation that allied authorities plan to issue this week, allied officials said today.

The aim of the proclamation is to help stabilize Iraq by confiscating the huge supply of AK-47's, machine guns, rocket-propelled grenades and other weapons that are used by criminal gangs, paramilitary groups and remnants of the Saddam Hussein government.

Iraqis who refuse to comply with the edict will be subject to arrest. Only Iraqis authorized to use military-type weapons because of their police or military duties will be exempt.

www.wmsa.net/news/NYTimes/nyt-030521_seize_iraqi_guns.htm
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:31:42 PM EDT
[#7]
It got awful quiet
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:50:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't like this.
I don't like this at all.
How are they supposed to become a free republic, if they do not have arms?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:52:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
May 21, 2003
By MICHAEL R. GORDON

AGHDAD, May 20 — Iraqi citizens will be required to turn over automatic weapons and heavy weapons under a proclamation that allied authorities plan to issue this week, allied officials said today.

The aim of the proclamation is to help stabilize Iraq by confiscating the huge supply of AK-47's, machine guns, rocket-propelled grenades and other weapons that are used by criminal gangs, paramilitary groups and remnants of the Saddam Hussein government.

Iraqis who refuse to comply with the edict will be subject to arrest. Only Iraqis authorized to use military-type weapons because of their police or military duties will be exempt.

Thats fucked up. Those families need their one AK a peice. Lots of nice Iraqis I met had and needed them. However, we have already taken all the RPGs and heavy weapons from innocent families, the only ones who would have those are bad guys.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:55:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Thats fucked up. Those families need their one AK a peice. Lots of nice Iraqis I met had and needed them. However, we have already taken all the RPGs and heavy weapons from innocent families, the only ones who would have those are bad guys.

sounds familiar don't it
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:01:56 PM EDT
[#11]
BS

That article is 3 yrs old, hell I was in Afghanistan then and we let them keep their AKS

FREE

Quoted:
May 21, 2003
By MICHAEL R. GORDON

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:06:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:09:21 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

sounds familiar don't it

You misread me.

I didnt say we should have done it, I said we already did it. I dont see any reason why Iraqi families couldnt have PKMs and such. We also took all thier pistols which sucks big time.

FROM HIS COLD DEAD HANDS!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:10:34 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
BS

That article is 3 yrs old, hell I was in Afghanistan then and we let them keep their AKS

FREE

Quoted:
May 21, 2003
By MICHAEL R. GORDON

Guys . . . read the date on that quote.  That was 2003, not 2006.

1 AK and assorted ammo is allowed . . . but the truly heavy weaponry is what they eventually got a good handle on.

Admit it . . . while having RPG's and such is fun, there is not a reasonable argument for the Iraqi public to be storing them in their basements.

Heard a story about a guy who was loathe to give up his 20mm AA gun, though . . . funny as can be.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:14:12 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
BS

FREE

Quoted:
May 21, 2003
By MICHAEL R. GORDON

Ok cool. I always liked meeting Iraqis who liked showing off thier nice factory 10 AKs and bird guns etc.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:16:38 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
May 21, 2003
By MICHAEL R. GORDON

That story is from 2003
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:21:45 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
congatulations you are now a FREE and DEMOCRATIC country. Oh yeah, and one last thing, dip your finger in this purple dye and hand over the guns.

So you would have let them keep more than 1 AK per house or have you been laboring under the misconception that we disarmed them since 03 ?

What would you have done ?????
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:26:04 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

sounds familiar don't it

You misread me.

I didnt say we should have done it, I said we already did it. I dont see any reason why Iraqi families couldnt have PKMs and such. We also took all thier pistols which sucks big time.

img461.imageshack.us/img461/103/p70401291wc.jpg

That is a damn beautiful mauser.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:26:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:39:54 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

sounds familiar don't it

You misread me.

HIJACK! here is another pic of it

Its the guy on the rights
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:22:31 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

sounds familiar don't it

You misread me.

HIJACK! here is another pic of it

img138.imageshack.us/img138/9113/p70401282bh.jpg

Its the guy on the rights

That's a Mauser so sweet it made your eyes glow red man.. That's powerful mojo.

(Although I'd trade a few of them for the FN hanging behind it)
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:34:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Is that an M4 with a commercial stock, or did the guy put change out the stock on his A4?  I'm wondering because I haven't seen any FN made M4's yet.  I expect to as soon as Colt's contract for the M4 runs out though.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:51:25 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It got awful quiet

Sure did, once you stopped posting after your bullshit 3 year old article got called out.
Nice try,

ooh goody, maybe the National Guard could attack New Jersey, California  and "Liberate" them so they can have AK's too
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:56:31 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
May 21, 2003
By MICHAEL R. GORDON

Because gun control works so well here.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:59:49 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
May 21, 2003
By MICHAEL R. GORDON

I never advocated it, I said we already did it. I said would not should. I already commented on this, should have read my earlier reply.

And Unicorn, thats me, and its an A4 I put that stock on.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:02:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Afghanis are allowed one AK and 3 mags for ever person over 12, or various handguns or rifles. No heavy stuff.

In many provinces they are required to have an ID card to travel outside thier villiage with it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:03:25 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

sounds familiar don't it

You misread me.

Hey now!
That's an East German AK, unless my eyes fail me.
That Iraqi has fine taste in weapons - German Mauser, German AK!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:04:35 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
May 21, 2003
By MICHAEL R. GORDON

I never advocated it, I said we already did it. I said would not should. I already commented on this, should have read my earlier reply.

And Unicorn, thats me, and its an A4 I put that stock on.

Wasn't trying to sweat you just dissapointed.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:08:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Doesn't matter if we let them have them today.  Their constitution is aabout 180 degree to our own.  Their rights are almost all subject to state regulation.  It's EXACTLY the kind of constitution I would expect to be crafted by governments.

In all fairness though I last read parts before the election so they could have made changes I don't know about now.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:11:47 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

sounds familiar don't it

You misread me.

Hey now!
That's an East German AK, unless my eyes fail me.
That Iraqi has fine taste in weapons - German Mauser, German AK!

That guy also had a bunch of factory 10 bulgy underfolders.There were about 5 guys to 10+ weapons, but they gave us tea, so we let them keep the extras.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:52:17 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
It got awful quiet

Sure did, once you stopped posting after your bullshit 3 year old article got called out.
Nice try,

ooh goody, maybe the National Guard could attack New Jersey, California  and "Liberate" them so they can have AK's too

Man.. Hit rock bottom, bust out a shovel and start diggin.

NJ has AK's man.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top