Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2006 11:35:20 AM EDT
http://hamptonroads.cox.net/cci/newsnational/national?_mode=view&_state=maximized&view=article&id=D8GE6DF80

Your a BAD MF if you fire on this bad boy

One Dead and Five Hurt After U.S. Navy Exchanges Gunfire With Suspected Pirates Off Somali Coast  
03-18-2006 2:59 PM
By JIM KRANE, Associated Press Writer

Listen to audio
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates --  Two U.S. Navy warships exchanged gunfire with suspected pirates Saturday off the coast of Somalia, and one suspect was killed and five others were wounded, the navy said.

Seven other suspects were taken into custody after the early-morning shootout, said Lt. Cmdr. Charlie Brown, spokesman for the U.S. Navy's 5th Fleet.

No sailors were wounded in the battle, which occurred at about 5:40 a.m. local time, approximately 25 nautical miles off the Somali coast in international waters.

The battle started after the USS Cape St. George and USS Gonzalez, which were patrolling as part of a Dutch-led task force, spotted a 30-foot fishing boat towing smaller skiffs and prepared to board and inspect the vessels.

The suspected pirates were holding what appeared to be rocket-propelled grenade launchers, the navy said. When the suspects began shooting, naval gunners returned fire with mounted machine guns, killing one man and igniting a fire on the vessel.

Three suspects were seriously wounded and being treated on one of the Navy ships, Brown told The Associated Press. A Dutch Navy medical team was en route.

The suspects' nationalities were unknown.

The Navy boarding teams confiscated an RPG launcher and automatic weapons, the statement said.

The Cape St. George, a guided-missile cruiser, and Gonzalez, a guided-missile destroyer, were conducting maritime security operations in the area. They are based in Norfolk, Va.

The International Maritime Organization has warned ships to stay away from the Somali coast because of pirate attacks, which surged to 35 last year from two in 2004.

On March 15, the U.N. Security Council encouraged naval forces operating off Somalia to take action against suspected piracy. Pirate attacks against aid ships have hindered U.N. efforts to provide relief to the victims of a severe drought in the area.

The pirate raids are part of the anarchy wracking Somalia, which has had no effective government since 1991, when warlords ousted a dictatorship and then turned on each other.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 11:36:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Those are some sucky pirates...
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 11:40:02 AM EDT
[#2]
dupe

http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=446979
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 11:40:51 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Those are some STUPID pirates.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 11:43:24 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Those are some STUPID pirates.

Do ya think?

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:15:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like those Navy guys were in a forgiving mood.  Just used machine guns on them, and not even a 5 inch, or whatever the small ones are.

What kind of idiot attacks, even a small Navy ship and especially one that isn't alone, with an RPG?  I guess the kind that end up dead and wounded.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:27:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Jesus christ, these pirates disgrace the great name of Edward Teach and Black Bart.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:28:39 PM EDT
[#7]
ibCYSI?!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:29:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Dupe.

but nice pic.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:32:15 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Sounds like those Navy guys were in a forgiving mood.  Just used machine guns on them, and not even a 5 inch, or whatever the small ones are.

What kind of idiot attacks, even a small Navy ship and especially one that isn't alone, with an RPG?  I guess the kind that end up dead and wounded.

Idiots in search of Virgins
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:32:47 PM EDT
[#10]
You have to remember that the pirates are Somali. We are talking about the zombies that tried to dogpile the rangers in Bakara market. 3,000 Somali KIA to 25 Us KIA. They are just lookin for a way to die fast.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:36:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Never bring an AK-47 to a Naval battle......
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:42:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Jesus christ, these pirates disgrace the great name of Edward Teach and Black Bart.

And Captain Jack Sparrow.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:43:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Talk about force disparity.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:01:52 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

No they were just to busy laughing....
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:15:10 PM EDT
[#15]
I have to avenge me brothers!  AAaarrgh!

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:49:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Lt. Cmdr. Charlie Brown

sorry, had to do it
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:51:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Did anyone else think "village people" when they saw the navy ship with the rainbow over it?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:52:06 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Did anyone else think "village people" when they saw the navy ship with the rainbow over it?

I think "village people" whenever I see a navy ship, regardless of rainbow
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:54:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Did they really think that firing on a US Navy vessel was a good idea

That would like my 5'9" dumbass walking up to a griz and kicking him in the balls, I mean that just can't end well.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:57:55 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Skinnys in a skif   vs.  2 WARSHIPS

That fight was lost before the skinnys got it in their drugged up heads to do it in the first place.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 11:01:03 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Skinnys in a skif   vs.  2 WARSHIPS

That fight was lost before the skinnys got it in their drugged up heads to do it in the first place.

I love the word skinny, I use it to describe any gang member around here now.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 11:02:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Natural selection restrained, too bad.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:08:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Before the "battle" one Navy radio man reported intercepting a pirate radio trasmission of "Hey yall, watch this......"
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:11:19 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Before the "battle" one Navy radio man reported intercepting a pirate radio trasmission of "Hey yall, watch this......"

"Hey Habib! Hold my khat!"
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:35:39 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Did they really think that firing on a US Navy vessel was a good idea

That would like my 5'9" dumbass walking up to a griz and kicking him in the balls, I mean that just can't end well.

I don't know why but the last sentance made me
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:52:22 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Lt. Cmdr. Charlie Brown
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b4/CharlieBrown.jpg

sorry, had to do it

Good one!  Hey, If mister Rogers was a Special Forces soldier, why not Charlie Brown?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:58:38 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Three suspects were seriously wounded and being treated on one of the Navy ships,

That part is really messed up. Shoot'em up. Leave'em. Send the rest a REAL message.

rj
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:02:45 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted: The suspects' nationalities were unknown.
They were DurkaDurkistanis! The USN should sweep the area for ronery North Korean subs.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:22:33 AM EDT
[#29]
Y'all hold my hash pipe, and watch this!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top