Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2006 9:10:30 AM EDT
Every weekend I look in my safe and I see rifles and pistols I have not used in a long time, and just when I am ready to post an add to sell them, I change my mind.

I just can't see them go.  

Why? Oh Why?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:13:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Sell them and buy something you will shoot. Many here will tell you to never sell any gun, but it makes no sense to keep the ones you don't like.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:22:29 AM EDT
[#2]
He didn't say he does not like them.  He said he has not shot some of them for a long time.

I have a few firearms I have never shot.  There is no way I would sell them however.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:26:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I know exactly what you mean.

I have 40+ guns.  I shoot about 5 of them on a regular basis, and 3 of them when hunting season comes.

I just managed to put 2 of them on the EE.
But when I look at the rest I just cannot bring my self to sell them.  I like them.  I love to pull them out every once and a while and look at them and once or twice a year I might even go to the range with them. I just can't force myself to part with them.

I would really like to shrink my collection down to 20.  But I just can't seem to do it.  And when I do sell a gun.  I seem to buy 4 more to replace it.

It is a sickness I tell you.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:32:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I know exactly what you mean.

I have 40+ guns.  I shoot about 5 of them on a regular basis, and 3 of them when hunting season comes.

I just managed to put 2 of them on the EE.
But when I look at the rest I just cannot bring my self to sell them.  I like them.  I love to pull them out every once and a while and look at them and once or twice a year I might even go to the range with them. I just can't force myself to part with them.

I would really like to shrink my collection down to 20.  But I just can't seem to do it.  And when I do sell a gun.  I seem to buy 4 more to replace it.

It is a sickness I tell you.

+87

Hell I own about 6-7 guns I haven't even laid eyes on ( much less finger fucked )

Hmmmmmmmm  how could this be
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:36:37 AM EDT
[#5]
If you really, truly cannot bear to sell them, I'll send you my address and you can simply give 'em to me.  OK?  ...    OK?  .... you still there ?                                        Stay safe
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:53:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Just sell off all non-vital organs, then buy more guns.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:56:56 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If you really, truly cannot bear to sell them, I'll send you my address and you can simply give 'em to me.  OK?  ...    OK?  .... you still there ?                                        Stay safe

Dangit, you beat me to it.  How 'bout we split them equally?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:06:31 AM EDT
[#8]
I agree, I've got around 40 guns, some I haven't shot in years. but selling them is out of the question.  I don't hunt anymore buy why would I sell the Model 94 Winchester I bought when I was 16?  Why would I sell the TC Contender pistol that my Dad enjoyed so much?  A bunch of years ago I bought a 22 pistol for a young boy that had an incurable disease.  He was too young to own it personally so I kept it for him and took him shooting.  He's gone now but I can't part with the gun despite the fact that I've got other 22 pistols I like better.  A good friend of mine died recently, he was a WWII vet and he left me one of his favorite guns, I could never sell it.

The list goes on and on.  Someday I hope to find someone who will cherish these guns as much as I do and I'll pass them along before I die.  Fortunately I'm only 48 and will have a long time left to take them out and shoot them a few more times before that becomes necessary.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:08:50 AM EDT
[#9]
You just never know when you may need them. Better keep them all.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 11:06:23 AM EDT
[#10]
I sold some Iron recently,,,,I'm still Sad at least the new owner is a Bud and appreciates what I had
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 11:20:25 AM EDT
[#11]
I am glad I am not alone.  I am keeping them, just to clean them once in a while.  Life is beautiful.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 11:22:20 AM EDT
[#12]
You WILL regret it, dont forget i told you so.  Been there, done that.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 11:26:15 AM EDT
[#13]
you should pull them all out of the safe and sort through the ones you dont really use or want anymore
and sell them, so you can buy something new, thats what keeps the hobby fun, trying out new stuff

I never regretted selling a gun , because most of them were common and easy to replace, the only guns I would never sell are anything rare or hard to find.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 11:29:19 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Sell them and buy something you will shoot. Many here will tell you to never sell any gun, but it makes no sense to keep the ones you don't like.

I agree with triburst 100%.  If you don't shoot it you might want to trade it for something you will, then you will ignore your sadness of losing one by gaining another.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top