Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/18/2006 2:46:08 AM EDT
The threaded quick-disconnect fitting adapter for my pool cleaner was cracked, so I tried to remove it and it would not turn and ended up peeling off. I need an easy-out or something that is 1.75" in diameter! Any help would be appreciated! The fitting has internal notches and well, those are broken too....I need to find a larger version of a sprinkler riser removal tool....I think that would work, if it exists...Please help me locate one!

thanks!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:48:57 AM EDT
Its 30 friggin degrees here and I'm gonna help you with your POOL LOL
Can you take it to a Supply house or is it still connected to the pool?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:51:04 AM EDT

Originally Posted By mikejohnson:
The threaded quick-disconnect fitting adapter for my pool cleaner was cracked, so I tried to remove it and it would not turn and ended up peeling off. I need an easy-out or something that is 1.75" in diameter! Any help would be appreciated! The fitting has internal notches and well, those are broken too....I need to find a larger version of a sprinkler riser removal tool....I think that would work, if it exists...Please help me locate one!

thanks!

Got access to Mcmaster Carr? They have everything. I remember I purchased a big easy out from them for a big NPT fitting that was trashed.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:53:10 AM EDT
good thing it is PVC....last time I has a similar problem with my pool's fountain and picked at it with a punch and was lucky to not damage the threads....

I found pipe extractors so far up to 1.25"....dammit....

still looking....
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:59:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By James23:
Got access to Mcmaster Carr? They have everything. I remember I purchased a big easy out from them for a big NPT fitting that was trashed.

It appears they do not have anything big enough.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:00:03 AM EDT

Originally Posted By mag162:
Its 30 friggin degrees here and I'm gonna help you with your POOL LOL
Can you take it to a Supply house or is it still connected to the pool?

it is attached to the pool....
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:41:35 AM EDT
If they are male threads that are broken off in a female fitting (pvc), just take a saw and cut notches not quite down to the threads. Then take a stout screwdriver and break/peel a piece or two out. the rest will easily unscrew.
Top Top