Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2006 4:49:24 PM EDT
My best St. Paddy’s day was in Butte, Montana.  St. Paddy’s in Butte was something.  One well-known uptown bar served cornbeef by the ton, literally!  When the parade slowed down, people bailed off the floats to hit the bars and liquor stores for supplies……at 8AM.  So it is a big affair to the local college population.

The 17th was on a Tuesday; on Thursday the 12th, our historical geology prof schedules a test for 8 AM St. Paddy’s Day.  We are all like “WTF???”  He says “Sorry, we need another grade and this is the only day.”

Monday night I got prelubed, but set the alarm.  Made to class as the door is closing and in no shape to take a test.  There was me, the prof and three others in various conditions.  “This” he says, “is a name test.  Write your name on this paper, you get 100 points.  My home overlooks the parade route and I have a keg on ice.  My wife is making cornbeef and cabbage or steak and eggs if you prefer.  Welcome to my version of a St. Paddy’s party for the dedicated.”

SRM
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:17:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Two years ago, I was on a 'plane going to Iraq. Definitely not one of the best.

Last year, I was just back from Iraq. An absolute improvement. Probably wins.

NTM
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:31:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Tonight!

A nice fire crackeling in the fireplace after a wonderful grilled dinner, lights down low, a good Port wine, soothing music.

Ahhh - heavy sigh.......   Life is good.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:39:39 PM EDT
[#3]
It's just another regular day for me.  I'm not Irish and don't pretend to be.  Good for those who are!  Have a great holiday!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:45:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Next year when I am not in Iraq, drinking Murphy's at Arnie's Bar in Tulsa where I would rather be now.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:51:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I lost my virginity three years ago on st patrick's day.

Yeah....thats probably the winner.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:52:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I can't remember...
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:59:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Today went pretty smoothly, I've had some f*Cked birthdays before...
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:01:06 PM EDT
[#8]
The one after i realized i was "German, Swiss,Scottish,Welsh and English" and not catholic, so i did not have to worry about celebrating it!!!!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:12:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Don't really have one, but I can remember a least favorite one quite easily.

Some jackass wrecked my car three years ago today hinking.gif  Definitely wasn't feeling any Luck o' the Irish.  

Fortunately all ended well and no one was hurt, but I guess it took that and probably several more accidents at that particular intersection to put up a traffic light last year.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:18:41 PM EDT
[#10]
7 years ago on St. Patricks Day, my son was born.

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:27:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

15 years ago for my daughter being born,Stealth tell your son Happy Birthday, best thing to ever happen to me was becoming a father.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:35:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

15 years ago for my daughter being born,Stealth tell your son Happy Birthday, best thing to ever happen to me was becoming a father.

Congrats!

Happy Birthday to your daughter as well!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:30:02 PM EDT
[#13]
10 years ago I met my wife.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:31:19 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Today went pretty smoothly, I've had some f*Cked birthdays before...

Happy Birthday!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:45:29 PM EDT
[#15]
A little short guy chasing me saying "Bring back me gold."
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:01:38 PM EDT
[#16]
It had to be the year I won $1100 bucks. I won a thousand bucks for eating 57 pieces of chicken in a contest....then a few minutes later my ex-girlfriends' new boyfriend thought he had a sucker bet and he bet me 100 bucks that I couldn't chug a 60 oz pitcher of green beer in 30 seconds....he lost. Seconds later I was hapily projectile vomiting all over my ex-girlfriends car in the parking lot. That had to rank right up there with my best SPD.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 11:05:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Damn, 2 other people born on the same day as me?

The only other people I've heard of are Kurt Russel, Rob Lowe, and John Wayne Gacy!

And thanks Playmore!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top