Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:34:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Operation Clambake

Scientology revealed.  You can't make shit like this up.  Its frackin' hilarious - and people FALL for it.  Even better, they become zealous BELIEVERS.

One theory is that by the time you get to a Thetan-level high enough to learn the bullshit of the DC-6 'space planes', Xenu, the evil space plot, the stacks of Thetans around the volcanoes set off by H-bombs, etc. that you've given Scientology so much money that you either have to become a zealot or come out and admit you're a frackin' idiot x 1000.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:38:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I think you all fail to relize..... THIS IS FUCKIN WAR! (says it in a FDR voice)
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:38:26 PM EDT
[#3]

TC
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:38:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Invent my own religion.  Whey didn't I think of that?  
Hobbsology!
Bow down ye friggin' heatherns, for I am the true savior of humanity (see, I wrote it down, right here on the back of this cocktail napkin).
Just another pretend religion.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:45:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It's a joke now, but give it a 1,000 years and Scientology will be just as vigorously defended by true believers as Christianity, Judaism or Islam are today.

In 1,000 years history will be revised, L Ron Hubbard will be a prophet.

Somewhere there will be the future equivalent of an internet forum and someone will be banned for not being tolerant of the "religious beliefs" of Scientologists. Someone else on that forum will quietly wonder to himself how grown and otherwise educated adults could possibly believe this ridiculous nonsense in the first place.

Ya.....Sure.......Whatever.......

If L. Ron Hubbard is considered a prophet by many people in 1,000 years, then the human race doesn't deserve to exist anymore anyay.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:52:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It's a joke now, but give it a 1,000 years and Scientology will be just as vigorously defended by true believers as Christianity, Judaism or Islam are today.

Somewhere there will be the future equivalent of an internet forum and someone will be banned for not being tolerant of the "religious beliefs" of Scientologists. Someone else on that forum will quietly wonder to himself how grown and otherwise educated adults could possibly believe this ridiculous nonsense in the first place.

If L. Ron Hubbard is considered a prophet by many people in 1,000 years, then the human race doesn't deserve to exist anymore anyay.

Yes he will be a prophet because the world will be over run with eather monkeys or brainless zombies.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:17:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Operation Clambake

Scientology revealed.  You can't make shit like this up.  Its frackin' hilarious - and people FALL for it.  Even better, they become zealous BELIEVERS.

One theory is that by the time you get to a Thetan-level high enough to learn the bullshit of the DC-6 'space planes', Xenu, the evil space plot, the stacks of Thetans around the volcanoes set off by H-bombs, etc. that you've given Scientology so much money that you either have to become a zealot or come out and admit you're a frackin' idiot x 1000.

I tell you, after listening to the man's own words, I am ready. I'm ready to do my part to save humanity from itself. Send me that million year contract, cause a man who speaks truths like THIS cannot be wrong:

www.xenu.net/archive/media_vault/Babies.ra

LRH:  Great reading get my ridge of a good activity. That's the Ridge of the Assumption, by the way.
PC: Sounds very religious
LRH: Yes it is. Alright have these two little babies with enormous amount of energy covering them.
PC: All right.
LRH: Smash 'em together.
PC: Yea
LRH: Two more babies. Smash 'em together.
PC: Yea
LRH: Two more babies. Smash 'em together.

Can't you feel the enlightenment?

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:41:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:58:03 PM EDT
[#9]
So when are they gonna make fun of Islam? Seems the Mohammed cartoon riots are the perfect fuel for at LEAST three episodes.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:59:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
So when are they gonna make fun of Islam? Seems the Mohammed cartoon riots are the perfect fuel for at LEAST three episodes.

it's probably in the works.  i'm wonding how long until comdey central drops them and HBO or showtime pick them up.

the daily show makes enough money now that CC can survive without SP
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:03:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And Mohammed is so much more important because....?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:12:41 PM EDT
[#12]
I actally read battlefield earth once
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:15:03 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

They already did a drawing of mohamed for the "super best friends" episode. They laugh on the commentary about how big of a sin it is in Islam.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:30:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Hey, these Scientology folks are ORGANIZED and FIGHT for their beliefs...

They just might be the ones to save us from the ROP
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:23:17 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
just another bullshit religion cult....

[flamesuit ON]

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:30:26 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

+1

Fairy tales and morality stories.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:55:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Operation Clambake is an eye opener.  Scientology should be considered in the same vein as the KKK or at least as organized crime.

*harrasment of its critics by various means legal and otherwise
*character slandering
*theft of govt property
*unlawful entry unto govt property to sabatoge court records
*physical abuse of its members (Lisa McPherson)
*false representation of medical data
*defacing property (Lisa McPherson)

According to quotes taken from LRH he is a racist and a complete loon on the same level as David Koresh, but worse.

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:59:54 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Fairy tales and morality stories.

+2

Six of one, half dozen of another.  Pick your "prophet" and fairy tale, they are pretty much all as useful.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:06:35 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I actally read battlefield earth once

I did as well, I found it helped to tear out the first 40 pages or so of Hubbard's personal comments...
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:06:37 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

And the way they fight, their tactics and pit-bull like agressiveness, is SCARY.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:06:41 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted: Yes he will be a prophet because the world will be over run with eather monkeys or brainless zombies.

Looks like the monkeys have already gained access to computers...
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:08:21 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Six of one, half dozen of another.  Pick your "prophet" and fairy tale, they are pretty much all as useful.  

My prophet grew up on Mars...

Do you grok?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:32:13 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
To this day I can't understand how the Hollyood-tards get caught up in that crap.

Because scientology is a perfect system for looney narcissists.

BINGO!  It feeds their over-inflated, self-centered egos.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:03:11 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Grew up in Clearwater, FL.  They owned the Ft. Harrison hotel and alot of downtown property they didn't pay taxes on because they are a 'religion'...

I grew up in St. Pete and worked for Pinellas County for 15 years.  I have a friend who's family practically built Clearwater and Seminole.  He has some intersting stories about Scientology.  But his family profited very well from thier purchases of most of down town.

They all marched around in white sailor type suits, carrying clipboards, not sure why.  Rumor had it if you walked into the Ft. Harrison hotel lobby, you would not come out...

The white uniforms denoted they were members of the Sea Service, which were the crowd that took L. Ron around before he disappeared.  They transformed into the service side of the church and retained the uniforms. I think wearing the uniform has something to do with their A) rank within the organization, B) their devotion to work for the church, and C) they are working for the church as a way to pay for their way to whatever planet you inherit when you achieve a certain level of 'clarity'.   In exchange, the church provides them with living quarters, meals and a small salary, which is pumped back into the church.  In the past few years, they got away from the naval look and took on more of a Flight Attendant / Travel industry look.  Their security staff use to wear uniforms that looked just like Clearwater PD, so that when they had a person try to escape, they would run to a security person thinking they were a Clearwater cop.  This is what happened to Lisa McPherson when she tried to get out. They also conducted counter surveillance on people who walked around downtown if they were suspected of being LE or media.

They have several services that work for the Ft. Harrison.  All those FLAG busses and vans running around belong to the church, and they own many old hotels that dot Ft. Harrison Ave up to Edgewater in Dunedin. They converted the old hotels to the living quarters for the staff.  

Had a friends mother write a letter to the paper complaining about them, she was harrassed so much by them she had to move out of state...

Thye are known for harrasing and breaking into thier enemies homes and businesses in efforts to harrass or discredit them.

To this day I can't understand how the Hollyood-tards get caught up in that crap.

It's a hip libtard thing I would think. Something outside the norm.  It's also a cult.

Edited for spelling.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:38:35 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
just another bullshit religion....

[flamesuit ON]

It is it is based on a FICTION BOOK if you assholes believe FICTION as true then you can go FUCK your selfs.

i challenge you (or anyone else) to produce a religious book that can not be described as "fiction" by non-believers

The Shooters Bible, for one. Yeah I win!!!  
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:58:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Little known fact:

About a year before L. Ron Hubbard wrote "Scientology" he wrote a little know book called "the Brainwashing manual".

I shit you not. He admits it too.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:02:49 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you grok?

Yes I do, Mr. Smith.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:33:15 AM EDT
[#28]
You know if the monkeys and zombies don't take over the world and ensure everyone worships Hubard, I reckon that some correspondance between Hubbard and one the other members of his writing circle, where Hubbard bets he can start up a religion and gain a million followers before the end of the century...

I really am looking forward to it.

/PHil
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:57:53 AM EDT
[#29]
OMG, Trey and Matt are hilariuos. I love their show; I have to admit I've been a little insulted before, but they constantly poke fun at issues that need it. Did anyone see the Scientology episode? They have a part in it showing the aliean souls being dropped into volcanoes and being "reeducated" w/ a bold note on the bottom of the screen reading "this is what scientologist actually believe". Hell, someone needed to say it. They do the same for the mormon episode. Just too damn funny. This has ben a great season. Blame the president for the flood; global warming will kill us all; all great shows.

Speed
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:05:37 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

yup almost 2000 years ago there was a small cult that started around Jerusalem.   Today we call it Christianity.

every religion with a charismatic founder started out as a cult.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:07:24 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you grok?

I've shared water with a few
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:24:47 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

True, but most religions didn't have a founder that went around laughing at his followers and admitting it was all BS to make money, either.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:29:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Had a british coworker that was caught up in it. He was some level of auditor, both of us worked in electronics yet I couldn't convince him tht his auditing gizmo was nothing more than an ohmeter. Total nut case, intellectually a brilliant individual, spoke and wrote many foreign languages fluently including arabic and german. But he took forever to accomplish the simplest of tasks, totally useless and non productive employee with poor personal hygene. Really creeped out the female staffers too.

It was kinda odd, he was constantly trying to convert my boss who was a heck of a nice guy and not one to fall for bullshit, non religious even though he was raised Catholic. Ron would never fuck with me, I was like a brickwall to his bullshit but more so I think he feared me like some demon or something but then I tend to have that effect on some people
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:33:19 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Hey....you'll get no arguements from me on ol' Mo.....
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:34:25 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

They just might be the ones to save us from the ROP

Their organization is based on taking money from people, and their concept of fighting is to sue people into being quiet.

I hardly think that is going to suffice against head-chopping terrorists.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:43:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:44:51 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey....you'll get no arguements from me on ol' Mo.....

And yet people give their lives and kill others in the name of his religion.

In 1,000 years Scientology will be as established as the Big 3.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:46:33 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
just another bullshit religion....

[flamesuit ON]

It's not really a religion, it's just a stupid cult.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:50:38 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yup almost 2000 years ago there was a small cult that started around Jerusalem.   Today we call it Christianity.

But not every religion's charismatic leader rose from the dead...
Matt
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:52:43 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Maybe jesus did and they just edited that part out?

If you have proof, please post it. Speculation doesn't count.

How were mormons considered 150 years ago?

Same as they're considered today.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:53:02 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

But not every religion's charismatic leader rose from the dead...
Matt

Sure they did, their followers swear it's true.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:29:14 PM EDT
[#42]
I am going to start the church of Cthulhu.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:32:06 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
www.emf.net/~estephen/cthulhu.gif

Hey, if it worked for Hubbard....

We could use another millionaire here.....
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:58:11 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
www.emf.net/~estephen/cthulhu.gif

I would do something like that, but Christian principle keeps me from fleecing people, even morons and hollywood celebrities.

Plus that whole "no other gods" thing...
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:33:06 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You should subscribe to his newsletter. It's printed in crayon for easy reading.  

and written by clutching the crayon in a fist and smashing down

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top