Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:22:59 AM EDT
[#1]
In a life where a man shares himself with two women, he can at best only give half of himself. I have a good friend in his 40's who is happily married and I asked him one day what his secret was. He said: "You both have to be willing to give 100% all the time. If you only do things 50-50, it means you are only giving half of yourself."

Using his logic (which I believe), I don't see how you can love both women and expect them to suffer sacrifices in the quality of their marriage for sake of pleasing me. I'd have a hard time breaking one woman's heart, let alone two.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:17:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:36:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes it is...its not for me, but I have had some lengthy discussions with people who believe in it, and it seems to work for them. Google "polyamory" for the essentials of what they believe.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:41:06 AM EDT
[#4]
tag
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:15:57 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I might take this opportune time to remind you that being "in love" has been proven to be a mental illness that trips certian parts of the brain closely associated with obsessive compulsive disorder.

Yes, folks, being "in love" is a mental illness.

I can believe that.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:23:52 AM EDT
[#6]
I say no, you can't be in love with two people at the same time.  You can be in lust but love real love takes work and devotion and goals.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:41:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Men are better, in general, at compartmentalizing things.  Something on "channel 1" doesn't interfere with something on "channel 2".  Women and other emotional types tend to mix it all together.  That can cause problems.

I know a man can love 2 women at the same time.  BTDT.  Feelings may not be equal or even the same, but it's still a loving relationship(s).
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:44:37 AM EDT
[#8]
What makes you think that men in Arab or African cultures love their multiple wives?  The first one is a business deal between the man's family and the woman's family. The additional wives are bought much as one would buy another cow.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top