Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2006 2:48:04 PM EDT
theres a gunshow tomorrow...and im planning on attending..itll be the first for me.

can you bring items of your own to sell/trade with others?  im not really familiar with the goings-on at shows....

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:52:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Hell yeah!  Thats what its ALL about man!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:53:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:54:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes - bring all you want.   But, if you bring two full wheelbarrows in, organizers might demand you buy a table as a dealer.

But, bringing a couple of firearms, or some miscellanous stuff that you want to sell or trade is fine.

Some shows will demand that you demonstrate a firearm to be unloaded (yeah - some people are THAT stupid), others might put a zip tie or something through the action.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:55:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yes - bring all you want.   But, if you bring two full wheelbarrows in, organizers might demand you buy a table as a dealer.

But, bringing a couple of firearms, or some miscellanous stuff that you want to sell or trade is fine.

Some shows will demand that you demonstrate a firearm to be unloaded (yeah - some people are THAT stupid), others might put a zip tie or something through the action.

allright good deal, ill pack up a few things....

this show has a lot of variety, militaria, knives, etc...so ive got a lot of junk id like to move...

not sure about firearms, im pretty attached to them all!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:55:44 PM EDT
[#5]
i carry my AR around there all the time.  i have no intention of selling it, it just makes my penis feel bigger, and is one of the few public places that I can walk around with my AR over my shoulder.

That said, most (if not all) shows will NOT allow you to bring in ammo (unless it is packaged for sale, and you are a vendor) so leave the loaded mags at home.  ironically enough, I can't even bring my carry gun in there loaded.  they make me check my ammo at the door.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:02:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Yeah, at the gun check table at the Del Mar show near San Diego, they have a big plastic bucket full of ammo from "unloaded guns".
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:05:21 PM EDT
[#7]
in NY private sales have to have a NICS check done, even on a face to face between two non-FFLs
good news is there is usually a table set up with a dealer offering free NICS checks

no FTF deals in the parking lot either

this is for guns
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:15:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
in NY private sales have to have a NICS check done, even on a face to face between two non-FFLs
good news is there is usually a table set up with a dealer offering free NICS checks

no FTF deals in the parking lot either

this is for guns

wow that sucks, and is news to me...must be special rules for gunshows...as normally for a FTF you dont need the NCIS check done (private transfer/sale).

o well, ill bring some random stuff with me
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:25:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I dont think that is the case, Friend bought a rifle with no NIC check. He sold his pistol to get the rifle but the other guy didnt know that and it was Kyle, he is an FBI instructor on weapons tatics
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:28:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I dont think that is the case, Friend bought a rifle with no NIC check. He sold his pistol to get the rifle but the other guy didnt know that and it was Kyle, he is an FBI instructor on weapons tatics

Damn, I am glad I live in a free state.  Hell civilians can buy full auto AK's here in Iraq easier.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:36:20 PM EDT
[#11]
It's a special gun show law
non-gunshow FTF sales don't need NICS
it's because of all the "gunshow loophole" shit schumer and his friends spew all the time

www.lcav.org/states/newyork.asp#GunShows
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:38:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Did you try the Equipment Exchange on this site?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:41:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
theres a gunshow tomorrow...and im planning on attending..itll be the first for me.

can you bring items of your own to sell/trade with others?  im not really familiar with the goings-on at shows....

Where is this gun show you speak of dieter?  I want to go

ETA:  Nevermind dude...saw it in the hometown
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:41:43 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
i carry my AR around there all the time.  i have no intention of selling it, it just makes my penis feel bigger

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:10:01 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

are you going?  I am, likely around noon or so.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:22:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Bring a few Beanie Babies, some beef jerkey and a pair of mismatched Nazi boots and you'll be ok.

Almost forgot - take a shower to remove any deoderant, then work out wearing last weeks dirty underwear.
Make sure you sit in the sanua for a an hour or so with a pile of used gym towels.
Wake up tomorrow and run a quick 4 miles or so in the same clothes you wore yesterday.
Don't shower.

NOW you'll fit in.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:24:02 PM EDT
[#17]
hell yes!

I bring beanie babes and some jerky to trade at the gun shows 'round here...
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:26:35 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
hell yes!

I bring beanie babes and some jerky to trade at the gun shows 'round here...

Dont forget those wire strippers imported from Taiwan!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:31:29 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Bring a few Beanie Babies, some beef jerkey and a pair of mismatched Nazi boots and you'll be ok.

Almost forgot - take a shower to remove any deoderant, then work out wearing last weeks dirty underwear.
Make sure you sit in the sanua for a an hour or so with a pile of used gym towels.
Wake up tomorrow and run a quick 4 miles or so in the same clothes you wore yesterday.
Don't shower.

NOW you'll fit in.  

thats sad, but ..not far off from people you find at computer shows..they are REAL bad too.

I will bring a few accessories, and random items..might pack a rifle in my car if its not too late to have them inspect it to clear me to bring it in (they inspect prior to start of show they say).

I just want to take a look around, from the pics ive seen, its all blackpowder and hunting type stuff...no real military/EBR items to speak off.....dissapointing already.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:34:35 PM EDT
[#20]
If we couldn't bring stuff to gun shows there wouldn't be much to show. It would be a bunch of guys in camo pants standing around with their dicks in their hands.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:37:38 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am probably not going to go.  If it was alittle closer I would.  I was hoping you were talking about the one they have every year at the Holiday Inn in oneonta.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:38:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Dont forget the Buck knife hat and those rubber boots that make a farmer sexy as hell. Drive the pick up or they wont let you in.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:40:44 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am probably not going to go.  If it was alittle closer I would.  I was hoping you were talking about the one they have every year at the Holiday Inn in oneonta.

whens the one in oneonta?  i goto college there  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:41:33 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
If we couldn't bring stuff to gun shows there wouldn't be much to show. It would be a bunch of guys in camo pants standing around with their dicks in their hands.

hahaha basically

but this one looks more like 80 year old farts with their grand daddys black powder rifles to me...oh and flannels and overalls
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:46:09 PM EDT
[#25]
YES!!! I've made MANY a deal at them. I've never been the type to strap a gun to my back with a sign sticking out of the barrel, but I've eye-balled a lot of rifles carried by those that do. It's a great way to sell a gun. I've always stuck to the low money stuff(ie. mags, parts, and such) but I've trade in part for a lot of good stuff. Hell, when I bought a little Taurus 38 special(at the same show) and I was carrying it around I almost got a good enough deal to sell it!!!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:20:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Hey man, got to keep the gun show loophole alive!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:50:54 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Hey man, got to keep the gun show loophole alive!

its closed here in NY
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top