Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/17/2006 6:50:45 AM EDT
http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/international/AP-Iran-Rebels.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

an insurgency in Iran...what goes around, comes around

Rebels in Iran Kill 21 People on Highway

Article Tools Sponsored By
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published: March 17, 2006

Filed at 8:36 a.m. ET

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) -- Rebels posing as security forces killed 21 people on a highway in southeastern Iran, the national chief of police said Friday.

Gen. Esmaeil Ahmadi Moghaddam accused U.S. and British intelligence of being behind the rebel attack on Thursday night, the official Iranian news agency reported.

Rebels posing as policemen and soldiers stopped people and killed them on the Zabol-Zahedan road in Sistan-Baluchestan province, which borders Pakistan and Afghanistan, the agency quoted Moghaddam as saying.

''People thought they were Iranian police (ordering them to stop),'' said Moghaddam, who flew to Zahedan, the provincial capital, on Friday to visit the scene of the attack.

''Twenty-one people have been martyred and seven injured,'' he added.

There are no well-known opposition groups operating in southeastern Iran, but the region is known for gangs of drug traffickers who have frequently clashed with security forces and occasionally kidnapped people.

Moghaddam said the police had information indicating that U.S. and British intelligence agents had met representatives of the rebels, but he gave no details.

Iran has previously accused the United States and Britain of responsibility for bombings in its southwestern province of Khuzestan, where there has been unrest connected to Iran's Arab minority. Blasts in the Khuzestan capital, Ahvaz, killed six people and wounded 46 others on Jan. 24 blasts.

The United States and Britain have denied any involvement in the Khuzestan bombings.

''It appears that a plan to create instability and religious hatred, similar to the bombing of the Shiite shrine in Samarra (in Iraq), is being pursued here,'' IRNA quoted Moghaddam as saying.

Moghaddam said police were searching for the rebels, who may have fled to Afghanistan.

In December, gunmen in Sistan-Baluchestan kidnapped nine Iranian soldiers. They freed seven soldiers in January, but the fate of the other two is not known.

The same month, Sistan-Baluchestan bandits killed a guard of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad hours before he was due to visit the province.

In November, a clash between police and bandits in southeastern Iran resulted in the death of two gangsters and at least five policemen.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:55:09 AM EDT
fuck em, and anybody that looks like em...
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:06:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By rickdawggg:

Nice . . . did you used to go around cheering whenever the KKK lynched some blacks?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:28:05 AM EDT
I doubt many here were around when lynching was an occurence. Need to think about the distance between the CHICOMs and Taiwan and who is keeping them away before you start busting on us. Classic example of a second/third/whatever rate world power who could not survive a month without our military and hate us for doing it. We are at war with a religion based sect of tenth century zealots who only want to kill us. We just have to kill them first. We will.

rk
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:30:29 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 71-Hour_Achmed:

Originally Posted By rickdawggg:

Nice . . . did you used to go around cheering whenever the KKK lynched some blacks?

WTF?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:40:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/18/2006 6:40:49 AM EDT by Sub-MOA]
Iran has trained, funded and equipped some pretty bad dudes. Then they turned them loose on what they hoped would be Iraq. Not too horribly surprising that the whole concept of national boundaries didn’t really stick. Anyone that’s willing to murder a busload of unarmed people by lopping off heads is not going to give two figs about some line drawn on a map.

The culture of the area is littered with little ironies these days. (not to mention bodies)
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:45:49 AM EDT
It's about time we started doing this.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:48:18 AM EDT

Originally Posted By AyeGuy:

Achmed’s other account no doubt
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:28:29 AM EDT

Originally Posted By axl:
I doubt many here were around when lynching was an occurence. Need to think about the distance between the CHICOMs and Taiwan and who is keeping them away before you start busting on us. Classic example of a second/third/whatever rate world power who could not survive a month without our military and hate us for doing it.

And this has what exactly to do with cheering on criminals who are murdering innocent passersby?

Oh, oops. I just noticed you're from Alabama. My bad. I thought you might be civilized, but I guess not.

We are at war with a religion based sect of tenth century zealots who only want to kill us. We just have to kill them first. We will.

rk

Hmm? Sounds like you fit right in with them. Zealot, check; cheering on killers, check; board name based on a dipshit who can't get an album out in ten years, check.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:29:14 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Sub-MOA:

Originally Posted By AyeGuy:

Achmed’s other account no doubt

??
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:33:06 AM EDT

Idiot
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:37:07 AM EDT
If these were just regular civilans who were killed then the killers are terrorists.

Stand up and fight like an army not a coward.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:29:52 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Bama-Shooter:
If these were just regular civilans who were killed then the killers are terrorists.

Stand up and fight like an army not a coward.

Haven't you heard about "4th Generation Warfare"? No more innocent civilians, and the Muslims like it that way.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:31:04 AM EDT
allah ackbar?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:33:10 AM EDT

Originally Posted By dablues:
http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/international/AP-Iran-Rebels.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

''Twenty-one people have been martyred and seven injured,'' he added.

Are there any dead muslims that aren't "matyrs"?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:33:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Da_Bunny:

Idiot

We already knew he was that and an apologist ta boot.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:36:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/18/2006 4:38:19 PM EDT by 71-Hour_Achmed]

Originally Posted By MrClean4Hire:

Idiot

More to the point, we already knew that you're a bigoted asshole who cheers on the murder of innocents while proclaiming to be a "good Christian" now that you're no longer running a prostitution service. But what the hell, you've been "forgiven" under your rules, right?

ETA: You know, the longer I'm on ARFCOM, the more I'm sorry that the preservation of my gun rights will also preserve the rights of bastards like yourselves.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:37:21 PM EDT

Idiot

More to the point, we already knew that you're a bigoted asshole who cheers on the murder of innocents while proclaiming to be a "good Christian" now that you're no longer running a prostitution service. But what the hell, you've been "forgiven" under your rules, right?

I never claimed to be a good Christian. I just claimed you were a liberal pussy.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:42:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/18/2006 4:50:17 PM EDT by 71-Hour_Achmed]

I never claimed to be a good Christian. I just claimed you were a liberal pussy.

"Liberal"? You really don't have a fucking clue. I just don't cheer when the Ba'athists blow up fifty police recruits outside an Iraqi police station. You might think it's great that a few more of your hated Muslims die, but I think it sucks that the people whom the U.S. is counting on to take over and restore some semblance of civil order are dying in droves. Whereas I'm cheering on the policy goals of the POTUS, you're the psychotic shit who's cheering on the terrorists solely because you love the smell of Muslim blood in the morning, thinking it smells like victory.

From my point of view, you're on the same side as the "insurgents". For that matter, it's the same side as the "antiwar protesters" who see a failure for Bush as a victory and vindication for their side.
Top Top