Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2006 12:19:19 PM EDT
I am going to get another dog when we move into our next house. I want to get something big and protective, especially since my next job will probably involve travel and a big dog will be a good deterent to intruders while my wife is home alone. I have pretty much narrowed it down to a Doberman or an American Bulldog as I have spent quite a bit of time around both breeds and I know good breeders for both.

Anyone have here have an American Bulldog? Feel free to share some pics of the big schweetie.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:34:52 PM EDT
[#1]

currently have one (no pics though, sorry). best dog i've ever had. robust, athletic, relatively maintenence free. he's lived with me both in the city (in an apartment), and out in the country no where he is basically free to roam when i'm home from work. had no problems with either situation.

he IS a one-animal-family kind of dog though. he doesn't get along real well with other animals. though he won't seak out a fight, he'll stand his ground pretty much no matter what. they are also a one-man-dog kinda dog too. he'll listen to me and do whatever i want (though begrudgingly at times), but my girlfriend might as well be talking to a wall. if she tries to tell him what to do, or even scold him, the most she'll get for a response is a look.

if you are looking for a "security" dog, you really can't do much better than an american bull. that's pretty much what they were made for. i'll probably never have another type of dog again. in fact, even my ARFCOM scree name is about my animal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top