Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/16/2006 10:30:08 AM EDT
Iraq Weapons -- Made in Iran
Intelligence Officials Say Weapons Responsible for Increasing U.S. Deaths in Iraq
By BRIAN ROSS, RICHARD ESPOSITO and JILL RACKMILL

March 6, 2006 — U.S. military and intelligence officials tell ABC News that they have caught shipments of deadly new bombs at the Iran-Iraq border.

They are a very nasty piece of business, capable of penetrating U.S. troops' strongest armor.

What the United States says links them to Iran are tell-tale manufacturing signatures — certain types of machine-shop welds and material indicating they are built by the same bomb factory.

U.S. officials say roadside bomb attacks against American forces in Iraq have become much more deadly as more and more of the Iran-designed and Iran-produced bombs have been smuggled in from the country since last October.

"I think the evidence is strong that the Iranian government is making these IEDs, and the Iranian government is sending them across the border and they are killing U.S. troops once they get there," says Richard Clarke, former White House counterterrorism chief and an ABC News consultant. "I think it's very hard to escape the conclusion that, in all probability, the Iranian government is knowingly killing U.S. troops."

U.S. intelligence officials say Iran is using the bombs as a way to drive up U.S. casualties in Iraq but without provoking a direct confrontation.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...1692347&page=1
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:32:47 AM EDT
And we will do nothing about it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:55:29 AM EDT
Just more targets when the balloon goes up.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 11:13:44 AM EDT
So, how's delivery looking for those 10,000 JDAM packages?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 11:31:25 AM EDT
Tomahawks should be inbound on these IED factories.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:40:08 PM EDT
Let the Izzys bomb them when they bomb the enrichment plants...the sooner the better. The job gets done and we get plausable deniability.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:42:38 PM EDT
IEDs are Improvised Explosive Devices, right? Hence, these are not IEDs, just EDs, since they are professionally manufactured, right?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:50:24 PM EDT
Iranians are dirty, two-faced motherfuckers. I should know.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:52:23 PM EDT
Top U.S. Military Official: No Evidence of Iran Involvement in Iraq

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/03/14/AR2006031401083.html
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:54:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MagKnightX:
IEDs are Improvised Explosive Devices, right? Hence, these are not IEDs, just EDs, since they are professionally manufactured, right?

Technically you are correct. They are professionally made land mines. Large shaped charges designed to penetrate the largest, toughest vehicles. They are NOT simply arty rounds and some C-4 with a detonator. These things are very dangerous...and they ARE coming in from Iran.

Look...despite the "head in the sand" attitude of many of my countrymen on both sides of the political spectrum, we have been at surrogate war with Iran for years, ever since the Ayathollah took over in 1979. All of the attacks on us in Lebanon and elsewhere by any group affiliate with Hezbollah or Hamas or any of several other groups are funded and armed by the Iranians. Likewise they have been at war with Israel as well...which is why the Israelis are so paranoid about the mullahs getting the Bomb.

This was is going to go on for a very long time or at least until we invade Iran and force a change in government.

Shoot...I'd like to see that...drive our liberal bedwetters NUTS. Go to DU now and see what they're saying about us invading Iran. "I think I'll just go into a corner into a fetal position!"
Top Top