Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:42:13 AM EDT
[#1]
You have options.  Press on with the transfer and ask to have it reviewed by higher authority, move it up the chain of command.  Be polite and keep pushing it until they let you go.  If they have to have you, start doing make-up drills and missing the events that require you to carry them, use that work excuse everyone wears out.  

In 16 months when they start bitching for you to re-up refuse unless you get a transfer or let your enlistment expire and go re-up into the unit you want.  Talk to your gaining unit and see if they can help you get out from under this mess.  Don't forget the IG.  

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:48:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Does your unit have any openings? It sounds perfect for me.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:50:01 AM EDT
[#3]
In writing inform command that you are being transfered in your civilian job. In writing give you command a change of address further than 50 miles from the unit and request a list of units that are in that area. Mail boxes etc. use a suite number at the address give that as an apartment address. Change your drivers liscence to that address. Give command a new number that is a Cell phone with the approriate area code as the transfer address.

They MUST release you to a closer unit. Continue to drill at unit until you get the release form. State AG office will ease the transfer for you if the command drags their feet.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:04:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Please share your MOS with me in an IM.  

My son is going to be joining in the next year or so and I don't want him in some candy-ass MOS.

ETA: Never mind...I have a pretty good idea.  He's looking at wanting to be a 19D anyway.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top