BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:25:35 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Shit like this pisses me right the fuck off....

The blond star of the film "The Dukes of Hazzard" still plans to visit Washington Thursday to lobby members of Congress on behalf of Operation Smile, a non-profit venture offering free plastic surgery for disadvantaged children overseas with facial deformities.

WTF?!?!?!

WHAT ABOUT OUR OWN PEOPLE!
Nobody gives one red damn fuck about children in the states or people who can't afford skyrocketing costs of healthcare, CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME! What does multi-million dollar surgery for some starving kid in Africa do for the USA? Why do MY tax dollars go to this bull.fucking,shit,

GOD DAMN HIPPIES.

What little bit this costs is  drop in the bucket for American health care.

Plus it is good PR for the U.S.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:27:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Alot of you guys are sick in the head.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:31:04 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I don’t understand you guys who are condemning Jessica for not attending the Republican fund raiser. In a day and age where more and more Hollywierd types use their positions to advance their political views, Jessica is keeping quite on hers.
She supports our troops by visiting with them overseas, when quite a few actors say they support the troops but that’s where their support ends.

It just feels wrong," one Simpson insider told Reuters Wednesday, adding that the actress keeps her political views private. "She would love to meet the president and talk about Operation Smile ... but she can't do it at a fund-raiser for the Republican Party.

Jessica simply doesn’t want her organization to be affiliated with any political group and I can respect that.
Why can’t you?

As mentioned earlier, you’d really be crying if she attended a fund raiser as a guest of Hitlery Klinton!

Good post, you beat me to it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:36:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'd still hit it.

Like a retard with a drum set!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:40:41 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Didn't her ex really blow a good deal.  What a dumb ass

Actually didn't Jessica cheat on her husband by sleeping with Johnny Knoxville?

Op Smile isn't HER organization.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:50:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Guess she can't have dinner with Bush, when she's hung out with the Dems....

www.abqjournal.com/abqnews/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=665&Itemid=2

5:35am -- The Only Poll That Matters: After dining with Gov. Bill, Jessica snubs Bush.

The screaming headline on The Drudge Report at this hour is "Jessica Snubs Bush, Republicans" -- along with a photo of the president looking as goofy as a preteen boy ordering pizza.

Drudge links to a Reuters story saying that the star of reality TV and "The Dukes of Hazzard" wouldn't be attending a $2,500-a-plate GOP fund-raiser in Washington, D.C., tonight, because -- according to a "Simpson insider" -- it might get her favorite charity, Operation Smile, too tangled up in politics.

Operation Smile, according to Reuters, is a nonprofit -- and nonpartisan -- organization offering free plastic surgery to overseas children with facial deformities.

So she has apparently passed up a chance to sit at one of the head tables with congressional leaders and get some "face time" with President Bush.

But Drudge may have missed the deeper political implications of Jessica's snub.

It wasn't that long ago that the blond bombshell dined with Gov. Bill Richardson in Santa Fe. And the Albuquerque Journal told you all about it.

Apparently rubbing shoulders with a possible Democratic presidential hopeful posed no danger to her nonpartisan principles or to the cause of plastic surgery for kids.

It was a cozy little gathering of 21 people last month at the Governor's Mansion with Simpson,  who was in Santa Fe shooting a Lion's Gate film called "Employee of the Month," her parents, the governor and first lady Barbara Richardson.

On the menu for the two-hour repast was chicken roulade -- not Chicken of the Sea.
Last Updated ( Thursday, 16 March 2006 )
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:56:03 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Apparently rubbing shoulders with a possible Democratic presidential hopeful posed no danger to her nonpartisan principles or to the cause of plastic surgery for kids.

It was a cozy little gathering of 21 people last month at the Governor's Mansion with Simpson,  who was in Santa Fe shooting a Lion's Gate film called "Employee of the Month," her parents, the governor and first lady Barbara Richardson.

On the menu for the two-hour repast was chicken roulade -- not Chicken of the Sea.

It also doesn't appear to have been a fund raiser.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:56:51 AM EDT
[#8]
I'd hit it. Her politics are about as savvy as her Chicken of the Sea comment.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:07:47 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Dumb cunt!!!!

www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/03/15/simpson.bush.reut/index.html

Why does this make her a "Dumb cunt"??

There is no law or rule requiring her to show up at a Republican fundraiser.

It seems to me she would like to keep her charity away from politics as much as possible, and that isn't a bad idea, especially when there is a press that is eager to shred anyone who comes near Bush for any reason.

Now if she accepts an invitation from Hillary Clinton, she might deserve the title.

Agreed.

No thanks I wouldn't hit it.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:13:03 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I'd hit it. Her politics are about as savvy as her Chicken of the Sea comment.

Buffalo wings too
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 11:03:16 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It also doesn't appear to have been a fund raiser.

Yeah, she said she would be happy to talk to Bush, just not at a fund raiser.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:25:32 PM EDT
[#12]
She is dumber than a 4x4 fence post, but I would hit her like a retard riding a screen door in a hurricane while playing the drums.....
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:40:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Not so fast everyone, Jessica Simpson is apparently a huge fan of Bush.

'Huge fan' Jessica Simpson snubs Bush
Hollywood starlet passes on Republican fundraiser
Thursday, March 16, 2006; Posted: 10:56 p.m. EST (03:56 GMT)
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Jessica Simpson loves President Bush. She's just not a big fan of Republican fundraisers.
The Hollywood starlet and tabloid cover girl was on Capitol Hill Thursday to lobby Congress for Operation Smile, an organization that provides reconstructive surgery to children with facial deformities.
But all anyone wanted to know was why she turned down an invitation to attend a Republican fundraiser with Washington's top star -- Bush.
"We went back and forth and we could never get the details worked out," said her father and manager Joe Simpson.
"When it became obvious that it was not just a state dinner, it was more of a fundraising event, that is the wrong purpose of why we are here." (Watch how the charity changed Simpson's life -- 2:05)
Still, he said of the president, "We are huge fans of him and of his family, his girls. Jessica loves the heck out of him."
In fact, he said they were still trying to squeeze in a meeting with the chief executive. "We are trying to get in and out," he said.
Jessica Simpson is best known for the MTV reality show "Newlyweds" with now-estranged husband Nick Lachey and for her denim-cutoff role in the movie "The Dukes of Hazzard."
The actress, who refused to comment on the fundraiser, is to head back to New Mexico Thursday to resume shooting of a movie, "Employee of the Month," according to her publicist Rob Shuter.
Rep. Tom Reynolds, a New York Republican, chairman of the GOP campaign committee hosting the fundraiser, said the group had hoped Simpson would attend.
"I know my daughter's a fan. She's a celebrity that was going to come. Now she's a celebrity that is not," Reynolds told reporters.
Asked about Simpson's absence from the GOP dinner, House Majority Leader John Boehner, an Ohio Republican, told reporters: "You know, I really feel like I got bagged."
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:22:09 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Guess she can't have dinner with Bush, when she's hung out with the Dems....

www.abqjournal.com/abqnews/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=665&Itemid=2

5:35am -- The Only Poll That Matters: After dining with Gov. Bill, Jessica snubs Bush.

The screaming headline on The Drudge Report at this hour is "Jessica Snubs Bush, Republicans" -- along with a photo of the president looking as goofy as a preteen boy ordering pizza.

Drudge links to a Reuters story saying that the star of reality TV and "The Dukes of Hazzard" wouldn't be attending a $2,500-a-plate GOP fund-raiser in Washington, D.C., tonight, because -- according to a "Simpson insider" -- it might get her favorite charity, Operation Smile, too tangled up in politics.

Operation Smile, according to Reuters, is a nonprofit -- and nonpartisan -- organization offering free plastic surgery to overseas children with facial deformities.

So she has apparently passed up a chance to sit at one of the head tables with congressional leaders and get some "face time" with President Bush.

But Drudge may have missed the deeper political implications of Jessica's snub.

It wasn't that long ago that the blond bombshell dined with Gov. Bill Richardson in Santa Fe. And the Albuquerque Journal told you all about it.

And? She was invited by Gov. Richardson to a private dinner and not some Democratic fundrasier. The 21 people were the Simpsons, Richardsons, movie executives, and some of the Governor's staff. The horror...
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:38:38 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I kind of wish more famous people would take a stand against getting involved in politics!  It does work both ways.....

That's what I was thinking. Actors should not say one fucking word about politics, and she, least of all, should have words about how things are run. That said, it's a bit of an insult, that might not be taken lightly.

+1 We don't need any actors voicing their freedom of speech, down with actors involved with politics. Oh does that mean republicans can't worship Reagan anymore?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top