Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/15/2006 1:42:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/15/2006 2:18:05 PM EDT by Boom_Stick]
I've been looking at the Ipods but there's other bargans out there like iriver and RCA. I'm looking at the 1gb $100-$150 range.

Do you have to have Itunes to download music to ipod, or can you just download from your music folder?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 2:01:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/15/2006 2:07:51 PM EDT by jthuang]
Here's my recommendation:

Creative Labs MuVo TX FM 1GB.

You want ease of use? The thing doubles as a USB drive. Pull it out from the battery unit, plug it directly into a USB port and drag and drop your music files onto the player. No iTunes to snarl up things, just drag and drop.

Shuttle wheel makes it easy to move from song to song or between folders.

Reversible LCD display makes it adaptable to left or right handed users. No such feature on the iPod Nano 1GB or the Shuffle (the Shuffle doesn't HAVE a screen!).

AAA battery makes it universal. No defective Apple design where the battery is not hot-swappable.

FM tuner allows you to listen to the radio. Again, unlike the iPod.

Armband and belt holster included, free. With the iPod, pay $30 more!

Voice recorder also included. Record from FM if you want. No such feature on the iPod.

Last, pay $40 less then an iPod Nano 1 GB ... and get more (as outlined above).

The only thing that the Nano can do that the MuVo cannot is display photos (the MuVo can store photos but cannot display them).

I have the 512 MB version and my buddy Joe has the 1 GB version. They rock.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 2:02:55 PM EDT
iPod
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 2:15:46 PM EDT
I really like my iPod, but am no expert.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 3:03:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By jthuang:

You want ease of use? The thing doubles as a USB drive. Pull it out from the battery unit, plug it directly into a USB port and drag and drop your music files onto the player. No iTunes to snarl up things, just drag and drop.

Shuttle wheel makes it easy to move from song to song or between folders.

Reversible LCD display makes it adaptable to left or right handed users. No such feature on the iPod Nano 1GB or the Shuffle (the Shuffle doesn't HAVE a screen!).

AAA battery makes it universal. No defective Apple design where the battery is not hot-swappable.

FM tuner allows you to listen to the radio. Again, unlike the iPod.

Armband and belt holster included, free. With the iPod, pay $30 more!

Voice recorder also included. Record from FM if you want. No such feature on the iPod.

Last, pay $40 less then an iPod Nano 1 GB ... and get more (as outlined above).

The only thing that the Nano can do that the MuVo cannot is display photos (the MuVo can store photos but cannot display them).

I have the 512 MB version and my buddy Joe has the 1 GB version. They rock.

I'd go with a creative one too
Ipods are good, but over priced IMO
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:26:48 AM EDT
FYI, if you were going to get the iPod Nano 1GB it is now on sale for $140 at Amazon. Normal price is $150.

I am not affiliated with Apple or Amazon.com in any way.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:39:16 AM EDT

Originally Posted By jthuang:

+1

i bought one off the EE here recently.. its only 256mb but DAMN its cool.. the FM.. the USB the music,,, how did i ever live with out it!!!

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:51:21 AM EDT
+1 on the Creative offerings.

I've got a 1 GB "zen nano" and it is just a step down from what the poster above described. I LOVE the AAA battery thing. Throw a couple extras in the bag and there's no worries about finding a place to plug in and recharge. Also no worry about having to replace a LithIon battery in 18 to 24 months after purchase.

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:55:54 AM EDT
IPOD. It's the most popular for a reason...it's the best.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:09:26 AM EDT

Originally Posted By FAL:
IPOD. It's the most popular for a reason...it's the best.

Not really.
You have been brainwashed by Apple to think it is.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:21:14 AM EDT
SanDisk makes some OK quality mp3 players that take SD flash memory cards.. might be worth checking out if you want more than 1GB but can't afford the harddrive mp3 players
Top Top