Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2006 7:23:39 AM EDT
My busniess partner and good friend's girlfriend"s truck has been broken into twice in the past week. The only thing that was taken was her prescription for ritalan with cd's debit card and checkbook laying right in the glove box next to it and not taken. He lives in the last house on a dead end street.

I'm thinking it is someone she knows. Aside from him waiting and drawing down on the perp I was wondering what would be a good way to alarm the truck door or glove box to alert my buddy. This would probably happen late at night while he is in bed. Any wireless type device that would send a signal that can be monitored in the house.

I know i am going to get a ton of just shoot them respones but im looking for that one macgyver out there that has a solution . My buddy is pretty pissed so his tech budget would probably be around a grand or so
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:24:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Set up a camera with motion detector to record anyone who tries to break in again.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:27:23 AM EDT
[#2]
UUUUMMM go to the local car sterio shop, they have things to alarm the truck that will send a signal to a remote pager that you friend can have on his person.

even works at the mall.

viper is one that I know of.

the whole system will cost around 300.00 installed if your not being ripped off
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:33:21 AM EDT
[#3]
My Phys ed teacher in HS had an issue with people messing with his truck when he was in high School. So he wired the truck to a 220 outlet in the house and almost killed the guy who had been breakinging into it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:36:41 AM EDT
[#4]
vengarr: Your method is not good, if the theif had been killed your friend would've ended up jail.  Booby-traps are a no-no.  What happen it was policeman investigating?

hockeysmile: Advise your friend to get a car burglar alarm.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:37:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:21:19 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
My Phys ed teacher in HS had an issue with people messing with his truck when he was in high School. So he wired the truck to a 220 outlet in the house and almost killed the guy who had been breakinging into it.

Sounds like a good way to get sued.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:23:55 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
vengarr: Your method is not good, if the theif had been killed your friend would've ended up jail.  Booby-traps are a no-no.  What happen it was policeman investigating?

Then maybe they shouldn't have been touching his truck???
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:34:28 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds like a good way to get sued.

It's also a great way to win a free vacation at the crossbar hotel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top