Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2006 6:08:25 AM EDT
Here are a few pics of my South Carolina road trip. The girlfriend, kid, and I have been staying in Spartanburg, but checked out Charleston for a couple days. I got to check out Patriots Pointe and the USS Yorktown. Pretty cool ship! We are heading to Charlotte, NC tomorrow. Man it is good to be on vacation!

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:10:11 AM EDT
[#1]
nice pics, ha!

Try to hit the Battleship North Carolina too, very cool! I liked the room on the Yorktown, especially compared to, say, a submarine.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:24:44 AM EDT
[#2]
The submarine was pretty small. I went on the sub at the USS Alabama in Mobile. It made the one at the Yorktown seem huge.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:28:38 AM EDT
[#3]
cool pics.
i have been on the uss cavalla in galveston, TX.www.cavalla.org/

those things are tiny.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:55:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Sir, thanx for the "fighting Lady" pics.  When I was younger my Father was communications officer on the "one nuthin maru" as she was known by many of her crew.  I've been underway on her a few times and spent many nights onboard with my dad.  Great memories!  Thanx again, 7zero1, out.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:08:19 AM EDT
[#5]
When I was little, I live in down there (Charleston area) for 7 years and never went to Patriot's Point.  Probably because my dad was in the navy, and why see the old stuff, when you can get on something still in service.

When I get a chance to visit there, I'll definitly hit this place up...

Cold War Subariners Memorial

That's the fairwater and rudder from my dad's old sub, the USS Lewis & Clark (SSBN-644)
I was able to walk on her tons of times when she was an actual submarine.  Saw it out of water, looked down an open missile tube (its dark down there), and even got to pull the trigger for missiles (there were no missiles on board)
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:46:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Dude- that was you????

Just kidding.  I really didn't see you.

Patriot's Point is pretty cool.  I like to browse the hangar deck of the Yorktown.  Can you imagine 80+ squids crammed into that sub?????
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top